Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-04-2009, 06:30 PM

Default Where to put Shack

Ok I know it ain't hard water season "yet" But couldn't help but think about snow and ice when its blowing past my face. Going to do a shack this year 8x10 I think Anyone gave any thought of lakes yet.. Spent a lot of time on PCR last year , spent a few nights with an old friend "jack" fishing for ling. But didn't see not1 permanent shack on it all year ?? Think it might get trashed down there anyways. Guess Gull is the second choice..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 10-04-2009, 08:06 PM

Default Shack

In our travels there are several permanent ones each year at CV. Good fishing there as well. Monster wallys hang out there as well as lots of the just keeper sized pike and lots of ling in the 5-10lb range. I think you will be taking your chances on any lake. That is why our 5x8 is portable and we don't worry about getting trashed but can also go to different places.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:21 AM

I've always been a little worried about leaving the shack out there with the bad news stories about vandalism out there. CVR would be good, sylvan, gull, PCR or Spray. There's usually lots at spray and decent fishing there if you get it on the right spot, and late into the season as well. You need a permit though, there is info on the sign that's there.

Wherever you choose, I hope there is room in there for some forum members some weekends
Old 10-05-2009, 01:27 PM

I'm putting mine out at Gull again this year, I have last years spot marked so hopfully the fishing is as good. If you decide on Gull stop by for a cool one!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 PM

I did sylvan 3 seasons ago, gull last season so now its pine. I like to work a different lake each year. I did extreamly well last season fishing gull, by far my best ice fishing season ever I could very well end up back
Old 10-05-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemustang View Post
I've always been a little worried about leaving the shack out there with the bad news stories about vandalism out there. CVR would be good, sylvan, gull, PCR or Spray. There's usually lots at spray and decent fishing there if you get it on the right spot, and late into the season as well. You need a permit though, there is info on the sign that's there.

Wherever you choose, I hope there is room in there for some forum members some weekends
You bet there will be I am just going to put a combination lock on it. Friends from this forum are more than welcome to use it anytime

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing