Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2010, 04:57 AM

Question Canon digital camera repair?????

I have a canon A-720 is digital camera that is a couple of years old , and seems to have given up the ghost. took some pictures with it yesterday and on the last picture i had taken, i went to turn it off and when i pushed the off button a small "red Light appeared for a mili-second and off she went.
now there is no responce from it, yes i changed batteries in it , so that is not the problem. my question is this.....do any of our forum members know, who in the edmonton area repair these things? Any and all help appreciated.....Thanks in advance...Mooseburger
Old 05-03-2010, 06:01 AM

Canon has a service center in Calgary, but it may not be feasible to fix your camera. Maybe take it to McBain or Vistek, just to have them look it over.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseburger View Post
I have a canon A-720 is digital camera that is a couple of years old , and seems to have given up the ghost. took some pictures with it yesterday and on the last picture i had taken, i went to turn it off and when i pushed the off button a small "red Light appeared for a mili-second and off she went.
now there is no responce from it, yes i changed batteries in it , so that is not the problem. my question is this.....do any of our forum members know, who in the edmonton area repair these things? Any and all help appreciated.....Thanks in advance...Mooseburger
The forums on line are pretty good for checking out the "simple problems". Google the camera model and problem.

I wouldn't pay even an anlysis fee for fixing it though. Better just to buy new. my 2 cents

my 2 cents
Old 05-03-2010, 12:29 PM

Default call Canon

They supposedly have great customer service.
Depending on the problem it could be repaired under a recall with no charge to you even if it's out of warranty.
My display recently went purple and when I googled it I found they have a known problem and are repairing cameras years out of warranty as a commitment to their customers.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:43 PM

Default Guy at work

here his canon did the same thing, He sent it out for repair and when it came back he put the same card back in and it was as if they never touched it. He then put in another card and it worked perfectly. Try putting in another memory card before you send it out for repair.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bull View Post
Canon has a service center in Calgary, but it may not be feasible to fix your camera. Maybe take it to McBain or Vistek, just to have them look it over.
Nope, that service centre was discontinued a few years back. It needs to go to Toronto now.

Frans
Old 05-04-2010, 05:50 AM

the battery / memory slot door typically has an interlock switch. Try applying some pressure on the door when pushing 'on'.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:46 AM

The canon guy in Calgary is Phototech. He pretty much does only canon cameras although he looked at my olympus a couple of weeks ago and helped me out with a stupid operator problem. Worked on it for 20 minutes and no charge. The guy knows his stuff. Here's the # if you are interested.
403-270-0922
Old 05-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Amy

When I insert my memory card into the camera a little red light flashes for a second weather it is on or off.It might be a card problem.I was told to get a card reader to download pictures instead of using the cord that comes with the camera.That way if there is a problem it won't affect the camera.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:06 PM

try the good battery ,good brand