Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-29-2010, 10:14 AM

Default Remington 788 Value?

Hi all,

I recently inherited a Remington 788 in .222 with a Weaver K4 scope on it. The rifle is in good condition and shoots quite well, however I know that this one will just sit in my safe as I have a number of other rifles. As a result, I am thinking about selling it but I don't know what the value of this rifle is. I know that 788's weren't all that expensive when they were first made but that they were quite accurate and had a bit of a cult following.

Anyone able to give me an approximate value for this gun?

SS
Old 08-29-2010, 10:40 AM

Well, I recently sold mine (in .308), wasn't in great shape, some pitting, bluing was getting thin, I had refinished the stock and put a black stain/laquer on it, so that wasn't original either...it did have two new box mags with it that I got on ebay....anyway, sold it for $250, and afterwards some good friends who know rifles said I was an idjit for letting it go that cheap. Hope that helps you, it sure didn't help me!

Really, best place to check is on Gunnutz.....you'll probably start getting offers on it when you ask!

Edit: Errr, what I meant to say was, I'll give you $225 for it!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-29-2010, 11:13 AM

everything you need to know about the 788...and maybe some things you'd be better off not knowing...

Price?...I'm estimating $400-$450 with the scope...just becasue some guys really like 788's...they DO have a bit of a cult following.

http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/788.html