Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-19-2020, 09:20 AM

Default Wild Game Butcher Edmonton Area

Hey folks I've been using Real Deal Meats for all my wild game processing for several years now and they do an outstanding job. They have recently stopped taking in wild game untill after the Christmas season. Looking for other options in case a deer falls in the next couple weeks. Thanks and happy hunting.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_AB_huntet View Post
Hey folks I've been using Real Deal Meats for all my wild game processing for several years now and they do an outstanding job. They have recently stopped taking in wild game untill after the Christmas season. Looking for other options in case a deer falls in the next couple weeks. Thanks and happy hunting.
Have you thought of doing it yourself? It’s super easy and there are many many many videos on YouTube you can follow along with as you do it. Minimal supplies needed.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:10 AM

Yes very easy to do even in an apartment you can bring a quarter in at a time

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2020, 10:20 AM

Default Grassy Lane Meats

Hi: I will give a shout out to Grassy Lane Meats in New Serepta...about 30 mins SE of Edmonton on Hwy 14.
Good prices, great service and tasty sausage recipes. I have never been disappointed.

They never batch your meat with other orders when processing sausage recipes. They make up the difference with beef or pork (at an extra charge)

Hoopi
Old 11-19-2020, 10:22 AM

Yes, it easy to do the butchering yourself, but sometimes work/life gets in the way of hobbies. I've used Country Quality Meats(Bon Accord) and Lazy RT Beef(Cardiff) with no problems. Prices were comparable.

I make my own sausage so I can't comment on their products.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:22 AM

Yup, easy enough to do yourself. But if you're not comfy doing it yourself and can afford to pay someone else here's some links:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=fKm...4dUDCA0&uact=5

https://www.google.com/search?q=wild...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Expect to pay about $1.00 per pound
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***
Old 11-20-2020, 08:57 AM

I live in Sherwood Park and typically go to the Butcher Block in the park for meat processing. The owner charges $100 per deer or $1/lb for anything else. Ive also had them make me regular smokies which were pretty good. I have used Grassy Lane Meats and Victoria Fancy Sausage and Meats for sausage/smoky making orders also and have been happy with them. The best halapeno and cheese deer smokies I have ever had were from Sandyview farms in Spruce Grove.

I traded small batches of sausages with friends, which was nice as it gave me a chance to sample without committing and doing a 20lb order.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:12 AM

If it’s just deer I recommend cutting your own it’s worth it.
Old 11-20-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN offroader View Post
Yes, it easy to do the butchering yourself, but sometimes work/life gets in the way of hobbies. I've used Country Quality Meats(Bon Accord) and Lazy RT Beef(Cardiff) with no problems. Prices were comparable.

I make my own sausage so I can't comment on their products.

Lazy RT is awesome.
Absolutely trust them with my meat and we by meat packages from them too if I come home with tag soup...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 08-26-2022, 01:03 PM

Default Meat processor Edmonton area

Afternoon,

I'm looking for a game processor in the Edmonton area. I hear Widynowski is great for sausage, jerky, etc but they don't wrap. Any other options that people would suggest for pronghorn?

Bringing this necro thread back to life!!!
Old 08-26-2022, 01:14 PM

Krause Custom Processing. Rudy and Bernie Krause. The brothers who used to run K&K. They still cut, wrap, and make sausage, jerky etc...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2022, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Krause Custom Processing. Rudy and Bernie Krause. The brothers who used to run K&K. They still cut, wrap, and make sausage, jerky etc...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Thanks!
Old 08-27-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorthrillz View Post
I live in Sherwood Park and typically go to the Butcher Block in the park for meat processing. The owner charges $100 per deer or $1/lb for anything else. Ive also had them make me regular smokies which were pretty good.

I would avoid Butcher Block if I were you. My deer meat came back full of moose hair even though it was extremely clean when dropped off. The sausage I had made was so disgusting most of it ended up in the garbage.

These inspection records only go back 3 years but it pretty much explains what you can expect from Butcher Block:
https://ephisahs.microsoftcrmportals...0-000d3af49c44

Ive been butchering and making my own products for years now.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 08-27-2022, 10:05 AM

I take all my meat off the bone and use Victoria fancy sausage! Outstanding. Was able to drop off and pick it up within 4 days. Processed into whatever you want.

Best so far are the hotdogs. Elk hotdogs are something amazing. Kubi burgers there are outstanding.

I cut all the roasts and Backstraps myself, then all the rest of the meat to them! Most everything costs 4-4.5$/pound. Fully processed, them adding fat, smoked, and wrapped in brown paper. I even take goose breasts and they make great pepperoni sticks!

Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2022, 08:52 AM

Sounds like real deal meats is expanding their wild game operation. From what i understand by the end of september they should have a 2 bay cut and wrap facility up a running in the nisku area. Darcy and Alicia do excellent work, arr reasonably priced and make some of the best jerky and pepperoni ive ever had. Ill keep everyone posted if i hear anything else.