Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-19-2012, 07:14 AM

100% bow.......
Old 10-19-2012, 07:50 AM

I do booth. This year me and my hunting buddy had a 6x7 bull elk come out of the bush and stand 3 yards to the left of us and bugle. It was a rush. Elk hunting is always a rush but I've never had an elk that close to me while rifle hunting. The only thing is we had to track this elk for a 7 hours before we found him, where with a rifle he would have been down at 3 yards. Maybe, there a friggin tough animal. But I suggest do both, cause you gain a few extra weeks during hunting season to get out.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearen09 View Post
100% bow.......
99% bow. The 1% is reserved for sheep. Bringing a bow into the mountains is like bringing a knife to a gun fight lol ( I don't hunt 410).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
i hate the title....

vs? i dont view it as one vs the other....i like hunting in just about any shape or form i can do it.
Not to take anything away from the OP...cause it's a good post. But since you are knit-picking it I can see your point......too many times, so called "rifle-hunters" pick on "bow-hunters". Now, to be certain.....we are all hunters and "hunting-with-a-bow" or "hunting-with-a-rifle" is a better gramatical description of what we do. Anybody can hunt with a bow, rifle, ML, spear, gun.............pick any number you want and have at it for the short time in which we dwell in this world. Fall comes but once a year.

Last edited by CNP; 10-19-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
I just like hunting...choice of weapon really isn't important to me....they are all fun to use!
X2 Ilike to Hunt. Been bow and rifle hunting for last almost 30 years. Evan tried blackpowder and crossbow, Was Fun. I will spot and stalk with both to me it is hunting. Dont matter what weapon i have in my hand all fun.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:13 PM

I so agree I have lived in GP most of my life and after this season my friends and myself have decided to put our rifles away and strickly bow hunt do to the unsafe going ons in the bush. I do not want to be in the news papers.