Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-10-2011, 04:44 PM

Default Good day at PCR

The bite was on today at PCR-3 of us released about 90 walleye clones from shore NE of the bridge.

Only downside was the family of anglers in a boat who felt that they should set up directly in front of us 20 yards from shore blocking our casts. It was beyond comprehension, but they could see us catching and decided that rather than find some open water they would park that 30k worth of boat on our laps and try to limit our catch. I did enjoy staring into the side of your boat. I weep for your stupidity.

When my girlfriend finally had enough and moved 40 yards south-You moved directly in front of her as soon as you saw her land a fish.

If you did not have kids onboard we would have been tempted to treat you to a cavalcade of lures thrown about head height.

Seriously-What are you teaching your kids?
.. Moving 10 yards North or South would have let us continue to cast unencumbered since we were fishing in the same spot for 4 hours before you even arrived..

Rant over.

Great sunny smokin hot day.

Last edited by omega50; 07-10-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:00 PM

yeah thats really annoying
Old 07-10-2011, 07:16 PM

I go by the rule...If I am there first and you go in line with where I was casting....too bad for you I will keep casting. A couple well placed 1oz jigs off the side of fibreglass hull should give them the clue...I mean they have the boat USE IT....its not like thats the ONLY place in the entire lake to fish from...

I don't know if I would have been so friendly, but I am getting cranky in my old age.

LC
Old 07-10-2011, 09:41 PM

I don't get it, I do a lot of boating & I understand I have literally the whole lake to fish so when I'm in the vicinity of shore anglers or other boaters I leave at least 200 ft (or at least twice maximum casting distance) between me & them. Isn't that just natural?. I mean I feel uncomfortable being within casting range of someone, it's no fun for me either to be that close. Glad you guys had a great day anyways!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:32 PM

simple was to fix it....potato canon.....

andsome weekend worriers just don't get it.......

anyway......did you out fish them??
Old 07-11-2011, 06:52 PM

They caught pretty well at the expense of the shore fisherman having to limit their casts.

But we had solid set-ups and likely outfished them 2 to1
Old 07-11-2011, 07:05 PM

Default Good day at PCR

It's good you had a great day, even though you had the misfortune of having to deal with an idiot. It never ceases to amaze me at the ignorance of some people. What a loser!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:00 PM

Haha, gotta love that. Some people just have no respect.

I was at Sibbald yesterday and had two guys flop themselves literally 2 feet from one of the other anglers and throw a line 4 feet from theirs. I understand it's a small pond..but it wasn't even busy! The whole shoreline was basically making fun of them.

Nice to hear about the day though, I need to check this place out sometime soon!