Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
okey!!!!!!!!!
or be sworn bitter enemies until the end of time...!!!!!!!!!

ok, hugs it is...
Old 07-03-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Hi Whitetailman.

The point the OP failed to properly articulate, was the fact that 'real fishing' to him ment salt water commercial stuff and NOT sportfishing with a rod and reel. Some let their egos and prejudices get ahead of their ability to comprehend, and thus represented the fine people and fine province of Alberta in a terribly embarassing manner. Good luck with the pike!
Nope, mostly just prejudices, spite, and bigotry.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:59 PM

Wow Walleyes your awfully quick to jump down someones throat about being from the East Coast. Do you really believe your "Oilfield Trash" wages pay for NFLD's unemployment? I work in the oilpatch and I work with as many easterners as I do westerners. They all pay the same taxes, Albertans pay for as much of Eastern Canada's unemplyment, as easterners pay for Alberta's Natives.
I dont believe one place is better than the other just that i grew up in one not the other. I cant help where im from, but im still Canadian.
And walleyes anyday you think your a better, harder worker as youve implied you albertans are, Come on out to my rig and we will see who the man is...
Old 07-03-2010, 08:02 PM

Sorry if I seem Defensive, Just trying to fit in, in ALBERTA!
Old 07-03-2010, 08:46 PM

Almost forgot,...GWW...

i hope you don't have to utter or hear the words Arn? Narn.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn?Narn. View Post
Almost forgot,...GWW...

i hope you don't have to utter or hear the words Arn? Narn.
arn one ?narn one
Old 07-03-2010, 09:07 PM

Wow peoples true colours, and class came out in this post!!
Old 07-03-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
Wow peoples....... class came out in this post!!
Or lack there of....
Old 07-03-2010, 10:48 PM

well since i last posted i got a promotion and guess what ... it wasnt cause of the way i talk. and btw that is why the people think im annoying because i have what is called an "accent" not everyone can hear it though ...for some odd reason. my attitude is juist fine i try to get along with everyone unless ur my boss in which case i dont get along with you but you keep giving me more money , unless we talk about fishing. as for everyone else cheers . there is no need to continue this discussion except someone said something that reminded me of a funny shirt i saw the quote goes like this " working in the oilfield to support my family and 2 more on welfare. lol oh and i dont think everyone out west has a poor attitude, I like alberta, but i still prefer home, as im sure if you lived out east youd like it there but ud still prefer good ol alberta there is nothing wrong with the people for the most part, or the land, except its flatness lol jk. I have met some fantastic people out here, including some on this forum and i wouldnt change any of them for the world. they are who they are thats WHY i like them. I just wish more people were like them

Last edited by alodar; 07-03-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:20 PM

I Bet you do my friend.... I bet you do...
My best man and a few of my good friends are from the rock.....and the capers.... unfortunatly for me however.....
Im the only Jman in 2 trades with valid tickets born and raised right here in this fair province (and never left)...... and im the only one without a job at the moment.....(crazy i know)
I wasnt lucky enough to have a caper/newfie bond with my boss or his 5 cousins to BS my way through the tickets and courses and still land a decent pay in the recession...... I dont know the weather in cornerbrook, and i never seen glace bay..... so im SOL in the field till it picks up and the nait certified boys get back to work
Im living tight..... but i have all kinds of time to fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn?Narn. View Post
488/720 eh...

hmmm..you play ball with the Ironheads?

I know a good many pipe boys and Iron boys who wouldn't cheers on that one friend..
Old 07-04-2010, 12:43 AM

ask one of da by's to hook ya up with a job?
Old 07-04-2010, 07:41 AM

Default Newfs

Well where do I start. The reason my fellow newfs are taking all your jobs is that 98% of the rednecks i've worked with are the laziest bunch of back stabbing pric#$ in the world. You think the Newfs are bad, just wait untill all
the Mexicans start pouring in AB, then the tears will flow. Its already started in retail and health care. Also most Newfs are decent people, but when they get **** on every day by the local inbreds their Irish roots come out and its on. I've been in many many fights up here with the local tards and will fight till my dying day with ya'll. If you want to keep your jobs I would suggest not just showing up for work eack day, but actually doing something while there instead of spending all your time and effort trying to screw the system. Happy fishing!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:16 AM

Aren't newf's the canadian mexicans?

By the way next time you go fishing out here pick up some of the garbage that the "by's" have left behind
Old 07-04-2010, 09:28 AM

Default hmmmm

i see no reason for this thread to continue. too much peaple bashing going on.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
i see no reason for this thread to continue. too much peaple bashing going on.
I agree, can't belive it has been let go on for this long!! and all over someone talking about real fishing which in my eyes has a different meaning to everyone. I've worked with people from both sides and fired many from each side,but guess what this is a fishing forum that many people read including kids so grow up and get your heads out of your a--es!
Old 07-04-2010, 11:04 AM

now i thought we hugged it out
Old 07-04-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploits View Post
Well where do I start. The reason my fellow newfs are taking all your jobs is that 98% of the rednecks i've worked with are the laziest bunch of back stabbing pric#$ in the world. You think the Newfs are bad, just wait untill all
the Mexicans start pouring in AB, then the tears will flow. Its already started in retail and health care. Also most Newfs are decent people, but when they get **** on every day by the local inbreds their Irish roots come out and its on. I've been in many many fights up here with the local tards and will fight till my dying day with ya'll. If you want to keep your jobs I would suggest not just showing up for work eack day, but actually doing something while there instead of spending all your time and effort trying to screw the system. Happy fishing!
no need...
Closed Thread