Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-26-2013, 11:50 PM

flame as always had good players,,,i think the sutter boys were a little to defensive ,time well tell,,,,should been interesting playoffs'
Old 01-26-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadyaz View Post
There are others way of undergoing a rebuild than following the Oilers model of being one of the worst teams in the league for the better part of 6 years.

Some franchises have to much pride to allow the team to be that bad for that long
Exactly, even with a rebuild there are no guarantees, sure the Coil have some good looking young talent there but nobody knows if they can win with these guys yet. lets not forget Kevin Lowe is still around he may screw this whole thing up yet, with current salary caps how the hell do they plan on paying all these guys 2 years from now, so they can talk about there re-build all they want they haven't proven anything yet, theres going to be alot of pressure put on them guys real quick, it will be interesting to see how it works out.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
Exactly, even with a rebuild there are no guarantees, sure the Coil have some good looking young talent there but nobody knows if they can win with these guys yet. lets not forget Kevin Lowe is still around he may screw this whole thing up yet, with current salary caps how the hell do they plan on paying all these guys 2 years from now, so talk about your re-build all you want they haven't proven anything yet, theres going to be alot of pressure put on them guys real quick, it will be interesting to see how it works out.
When the Tambellinni gives Hemsky $5.5 M for 2 years, your team could be in trouble from the top down.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
I'll take that bet
That must mean two flames flags flyin for a loss of the bet....

2flags for kanonfodder...

Last edited by bubba 96; 01-27-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba 96 View Post
That must mean two flames flags flyin for a loss of the bet....
I'll make the Oilers Logo my signature and Avatar for 31 days if the Oilers finish higher then the Flames in the regular season standings.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
When the Tambellinni gives Hemsky $5.5 M for 2 years, your team could be in trouble from the top down.
And how much does Horcoff make again and who signed him, I believe he is still with the org. and still signing players lol
Old 01-27-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
There are others way of undergoing a rebuild than following the Oilers model of being one of the worst teams in the league for the better part of 6 years.

Some franchises have to much pride to allow the team to be that bad for that long
That type of rebuild (struggle for years and draft high) seemed to work for Chicago, Anaheim, Pittsburg, Colorado and Carolina to name a few, even Detroit were terrible for a decade before they saw their draft picks pay off in the 90's. But you keep your unwavering pride, I'm sure it'll all magically work out for you. It's really been paying off...keep the faith!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:09 AM

It's always funny to see lames fans think they are cup contenders whenever they win one game.
I'll let the points do the talking.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
It's always funny to see lames fans think they are cup contenders whenever they win one game.
Never said a cup win just more pts, and I'll back it up, got a bet and if I lose I'll post Picts . The oil will be on truck for a month come the end of reg season, if need be of course...And I like the fact that oiler fans get 3 number 1draft Picts in a row and there a cup contender....
Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
I'll make the Oilers Logo my signature and Avatar for 31 days if the Oilers finish higher then the Flames in the regular season standings.

May i suggest...Tattoos...
Old 01-27-2013, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmag View Post
May i suggest...Tattoos...
No no no ....for the love of god no tattoos, I have a NASCAR 16 on the bottom of my foot, (well not yet i have till daytona 500to get it but i will) cause of a bet.... Damn Gordon had to take bowyer out 2nd last race.....but a bet is a bet..
Old 01-27-2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
Ditto for many Coiler fans.......I find it rather amusing when I keep hearing what a great team they will be, the great Taylor Hall will bring em to the promised land, I wonder how long we will have to wait....lol
Old 01-27-2013, 02:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ditto for many Coiler fans.......I find it rather amusing when I keep hearing what a great team they will be, the great Taylor Hall will bring em to the promised land, I wonder how long we will have to wait....lol
I like Eberle and RNH better that Hall, even Yakabov has impressed me. Hall is good in a banger, grinder goal scoring way but that's a different style. Watch these kids grow, it ought to be pretty good IMO. Eberlie has thew softest hands that I've seen for a long time. Time will tell I guess but it's not going to happen over night as a team.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohr74 View Post
That type of rebuild (struggle for years and draft high) seemed to work for Chicago, Anaheim, Pittsburg, Colorado and Carolina to name a few, even Detroit were terrible for a decade before they saw their draft picks pay off in the 90's. But you keep your unwavering pride, I'm sure it'll all magically work out for you. It's really been paying off...keep the faith!
Chicago was terrible because the owner refused to put a winning team on the ice. As soon as he died and his son took over, the franchise turned around.

Anaheim missed the playoffs and made the playoffs a couple times between making the cup final and winning the cup final

Pittsburgh? Sure I'll give you that one

Colorado hasn't won or accomplished anything to even be mentioned in this discussion

Carolina? See Anaheim above

You probably won't understand any of this as logic and facts don't seem to have any bearing on an Oiler fans understanding of the truth
Old 01-27-2013, 06:00 PM

HD channel premium sport are having free previews if you have the newer HD box. 353, 354 etc in Calgary for those looking to watch hockey
Old 01-27-2013, 10:38 PM

Wink

Its funny how flemmers forget the SEVEN year drought before they made a little hay in the playoffs. Last I counted we have one more year of futility before we equal our southern rivals. If I was a betting man I would say that we will not break your record of missing the playoffs, we might tie it, but I will take the oilers situation over the Flames anyday of the week. On a lighter note the flemms have missed now for 3 straight seasons, might you break your own record of futility?
Old 01-27-2013, 10:57 PM

Wether an Oilers or Flames fan, I'm sure we can all agree its great to see the Nucks get beat up by the Sharks tonite
Old 01-27-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Wether an Oilers or Flames fan, I'm sure we can all agree its great to see the Nucks get beat up by the Sharks tonite
Agreed, Sharks look real strong so far this season.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Yup.....I'm starting to think the Sharks might actually be for real this year, man they got er going
Old 01-27-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Its funny how flemmers forget the SEVEN year drought before they made a little hay in the playoffs. Last I counted we have one more year of futility before we equal our southern rivals. If I was a betting man I would say that we will not break your record of missing the playoffs, we might tie it, but I will take the oilers situation over the Flames anyday of the week. On a lighter note the flemms have missed now for 3 straight seasons, might you break your own record of futility?
If I was a betting man...oh wait I am a betting man, I would say the Flames have the better shot at making the playoffs this year than the Coil.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
If I was a betting man...oh wait I am a betting man, I would say the Flames have the better shot at making the playoffs this year than the Coil.
Wanna bet avatars for a month?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Wanna bet avatars for a month?
absolutely, I'm in...the Coilers have been very lucrative for me the last few years, I see no reason for this trend to change anytime soon...
Old 01-28-2013, 09:16 AM

Default Jets Fly

How bout those Jets.....First time since I immgrated that I feel some envy

Oh sure there's a very good chance of getting mugged,stabbed and or both leaving the MTS centre after the game . But you still have that fuzzy warm feeling from xcellent hockey .Unlike when I leave the concrete coffin
Aka saddlesore dome and think hockey like a lot of things just ain't
What it used to be....W101
Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 PM

Another oiler win!! Good game!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:05 PM

Who has Gagner in their pool?
The guys got a few points.

Dubnyk won a game for them in the 3rd period.
Seats sure looked empty.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:09 PM

Eberle is my hero, what a sniper he is turning into. They had a bad 3rd but the wholeteam played wwellffor the first 40. Looks like you won'twant to be giving up easy penalties to the oil this year.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:13 PM

Edmonton played great tonight especially 5 on 4. I'm going to start calling it the oilerplay, not the power play.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino81 View Post
Edmonton played great tonight especially 5 on 4. I'm going to start calling it the oilerplay, not the power play.

ha ha. You wear your passion on your sleeve buddy.
I can't wait to see what you post in the playoffs.

Have you come up with a name for when they have to fight 5 pk's in a row?

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Banned

Another 2 point's for the B's today .......
Old 01-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
This Bruin Fan also agree's !!!