Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-28-2013, 08:33 PM

Old 08-28-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Dave View Post
Lol...
Old 08-28-2013, 08:56 PM

Default Another round

We can complain all we want go to all the meetings that happen and write all the letters we want. Thing is no one from High river has gone on TV and said they never got their guns back, I have talked to a couple of relatives that live there and were flooded out badly and had no issues getting there guns back, even those that were removed from their storage a put in an upstairs bedroom closet with no bolts in them, they have no issues why they were secured. Nothing will ever come of these meetings and investigation. I have talked to two family members 1 Judge and 1 lawyer and they have already said the RCMP wouldn't even get a slap on the wrist for doing what they did.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadirk View Post
We can complain all we want go to all the meetings that happen and write all the letters we want. Thing is no one from High river has gone on TV and said they never got their guns back, I have talked to a couple of relatives that live there and were flooded out badly and had no issues getting there guns back, even those that were removed from their storage a put in an upstairs bedroom closet with no bolts in them, they have no issues why they were secured. Nothing will ever come of these meetings and investigation. I have talked to two family members 1 Judge and 1 lawyer and they have already said the RCMP wouldn't even get a slap on the wrist for doing what they did.
The point that seems to escape people is that its NOT about getting them back... its about them being taken. And that the RCMP lied about what happened

Never , for a moment thought that the RCMP would get any action taken against them
Old 08-28-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
The point that seems to escape people is that its NOT about getting them back... its about them being taken. And that the RCMP lied about what happened
Exactly! If someone comes and breaks into my home and steals something, I am not going to just forget about it, just because they returned what they stole from me.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask View Post

Never , for a moment thought that the RCMP would get any action taken against them
And that right there is the problem with Canadians. We submit to all the whims and BS our masters can muster. It infuriates us while it is happening, and then we apologize for inconveniencing the powers that be.

We are too stupid to see that every one of these little indiscretions empowers the state a bit more, at our expense.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 08-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
We are too stupid to see that every one of these little indiscretions empowers the state a bit more, at our expense.
Where's the thumbs up icon

IMO, this was a test to see what they could get away with. The precedent has been set, this will go away and it will happen again cause people were OK with it once - why not do it again...
Old 08-28-2013, 09:50 PM

The rcmp will continue to do whatever they want. They have enough support. They don't really need much support as most people could care less.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:51 PM

Allright time to stir the pot! So say the RCMP left the town of high river to all the criminals to break into and steal the unsecured weapons, who do we blame then. There has not been one person who has declared there weapons were stolen and showed proof.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotwade View Post
Allright time to stir the pot! So say the RCMP left the town of high river to all the criminals to break into and steal the unsecured weapons, who do we blame then. There has not been one person who has declared there weapons were stolen and showed proof.
So what? What if they stole your knife set or your expensive jewelery? Or why wait for a flood... why not steal them the next time you post that you're going out of town on Facebook? Or just go buy one......lets not justify breaking the law with "what ifs" That certainly wouldn't work for you or I. I'm glad they're pushing the issue but I highly doubt anything will come of it.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
But that isn't what happened. If they left the town to the vandals there would be an even greater cause for concern.

The pupose of this meeting is to discuss what happened and get it out in the open.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 08-28-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
But the RCMP made damn sure no home owner could get to their homes. How would criminals get in?
They had the perimeter sealed they said.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Where's the thumbs up icon

IMO, this was a test to see what they could get away with. The precedent has been set, this will go away and it will happen again cause people were OK with it once - why not do it again...
This one?

Old 08-28-2013, 10:48 PM

I know a RCMP from a different detachment who went to HR to help, in his words he was sent to High River to collect guns.

Also, one of the first news had an interview with an RCMP rep where they claimed that they only searched the homes they new had guns. Must be maintaining a record to have this info.

Doesn't sound right to me.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck44 View Post
I know a RCMP from a different detachment who went to HR to help, in his words he was sent to High River to collect guns.

Also, one of the first news had an interview with an RCMP rep where they claimed that they only searched the homes they new had guns. Must be maintaining a record to have this info.

Doesn't sound right to me.
This is wrong, a friends place was searched - footprints through the entire home - and he has never owner, nor posessed a firearm.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Good point - look at the blood bath in Calgary . More than 10 X the # of people and homes where evacuated , NO guns where seized and blood ran in the streets !!!!!

Wait .....there were no problems in Calgary where NO GUNS were seized
Old 08-29-2013, 08:29 AM

A little late, aren't they? Two and a half months after. Does anyone still not have their guns back?
Old 08-29-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask View Post
Good point - look at the blood bath in Calgary . More than 10 X the # of people and homes where evacuated , NO guns where seized and blood ran in the streets !!!!!

Wait .....there were no problems in Calgary where NO GUNS were seized
SSSSSHHHHHHH, don't point out that inconvenient truth, you are now marked in the central computer for a mind adjustment.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:29 PM

In my opinion it doesn't matter that they seized firearms at all. The main injustice is that they entered private residences without probable cause or a legal search warrant.

It is a blatant disregard of citizen's rights and an extremely dangerous precedent.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater77 View Post
It is a blatant disregard of citizen's rights and an extremely dangerous precedent.
The most dangerous precedent is that in the next emergency nobody is going to leave.

They will sit on their porches with their guns and tell the RCMP to take a hike.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:41 PM

The RCMP need to answer for why they did this and on whose orders they acted.

Someone should get fired over this and responsible gun owners should not stand for this type of behaviour from our government.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post

Someone should get fired over this and responsible gun owners should not stand for this type of behaviour from our government.
No one will get fired for this, its the RCMP we are talking about here. They can get away with killing someone who didn't deserve it, even when the act is recorded for all to see.

Nothing will happen to them for trampling on citizen's charter rights. The RCMP are above the law.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post

X2 I don't fault the officers on the ground for carrying out orders, but the bozo who gave the order needs a trip to the woodshed.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:36 AM

This thread is full of win...lol..

The RCMP couldn't win, no matter what they did.. If they left the guns, people would be bitching..

I'd be curious what everyone would be saying if the guns did get stolen..

The gun owners should be happy they did seize the guns, it saved alot of headache dealing with insurance with guns and/or water damage.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater77 View Post
In my opinion it doesn't matter that they seized firearms at all. The main injustice is that they entered private residences without probable cause or a legal search warrant.

It was a state of emergency.. In case you don't realize this, they go door to door ensuring houses are vacant, if they aren't vacant, they take note of who is there. And they don't just ring the door bell, they enter the premesis.. They have EVERY LEGAL right to do this.

(Have you ever been through a fire drill.. you know how they do a head count.. this is the exact same thing..). Does a fire fighter need a search warrant to enter your house if it's on fire?
Old 09-04-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post
The most dangerous precedent is that in the next emergency nobody is going to leave.

They will sit on their porches with their guns and tell the RCMP to take a hike.
Or use their heads, and take their guns with them..

no.. That would make too much sense..
Old 09-04-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
That the thieves should be caught and have the book thrown at them. Kind of like what people are saying about the RCMP.

Quote:
The gun owners should be happy they did seize the guns, it saved alot of headache dealing with insurance with guns and/or water damage.
Right, and while they were at it the RCMP should have been moving the expensive furniture to the top floor so people would have less headaches dealing with insurance.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
This thread is full of win...lol..

The RCMP couldn't win, no matter what they did.. If they left the guns, people would be bitching..

The RCMP and military had the town evacuated and no people were in there, who was going to steal them?

I'm sure the firearms were handled with kid gloves as they were tossed in to bottom of tin boats for the ride to lockup.

The real issue isn't the guns, but the State removing legally owned private property from dwellings that were forcefully evacuated. Once a precedent has been established in Canada it is difficult to go back. Guns are an easy target to push this precedent with. The next time it will be guns and something else. Canadians complacency is allowing our rights and freedoms to be slowly eroded, and some actually encourage it. That truly is frightening.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
It was a state of emergency.. In case you don't realize this, they go door to door ensuring houses are vacant, if they aren't vacant, they take note of who is there. And they don't just ring the door bell, they enter the premesis.. They have EVERY LEGAL right to do this.

(Have you ever been through a fire drill.. you know how they do a head count.. this is the exact same thing..). Does a fire fighter need a search warrant to enter your house if it's on fire?
OK. Why were they removing private property if they were on a humanitarian mission? If the mission was to save people in distress why were they wasting precious time and resources on inanimate objects?

Old 09-04-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Or use their heads, and take their guns with them..

no.. That would make too much sense..
I'd go with the assumption that the RCMP weren't going to ransack my home and remove the people, animals and irreplaceable albums etc. then bug out.

But that might make too much sense.