Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-05-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
When paranoia and hysteria grips any issue there will always be a need to address it before people assume the worst without facts. Because people are human they often jump to conclusions. Rarely do people jump to positive conclusions cause human nature assumes the worst and hey... it is way more fun for brains to thing of scary "what if" scenarios.

The rest of you post is another topic all together.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/08...-during-flood/

From the article:

"The Firearms Act DOES allow non-prohibited guns to be stored in plain sight, as long as they are either disabled or secured with a trigger lock. However, during a state of emergency police are given wide latitude to enter homes and seize property."

If "State of Emergency" gives them this kind of access to enter and seize property this is a major issue. Open ended laws like this can be grossly mis- used.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
No.. I believe in the system.. If they did something illegal, they will be punished for it.
Do you still believe in Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Do you still believe in Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny?
You mean they really dont exist? lol
Old 09-05-2013, 08:08 PM

Clearly nobody cares about this issue in HR

Old 09-05-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post

His response will probably be to ask for proof of where and when the picture was taken, and he may even suggest that the picture was staged.

There certainly doesn't appear to be any empty seats.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:34 PM

Reports from the meeting saying RCMP kicked in 1900 doors, army flew the town using infrared and heat sensitive cameras looking for victims, supposedly RCMP had an internal competition for kicking in doors with fewest kicks...juicy stuff
Old 09-05-2013, 08:36 PM

Jobs should be lost over this,its time the RCMP are held accountable for their own actions
Old 09-05-2013, 08:54 PM

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/al...841/story.html

griffiths is an idiot IMHO. Crazy for a politician to swear. Bad leadership and a clear example of derailing behaviour.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-05-2013, 08:58 PM

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...864/story.html

griffiths poor apology.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-05-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
supposedly RCMP had an internal competition for kicking in doors with fewest kicks
If that can in any way be substantiated, each officer that took part in this competition should be fired, and all officers that took part should also be required to share the cost of all damages that they caused. Every superior that was aware of this happening, but did not intervene, should also be fired.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:05 PM

@RobBreakenridge: Tempers, outrage bubble over at High River town hall - That's weird... I thought no one cared about this non-issue http://t.co/ZBb4hXsroI
Old 09-05-2013, 09:40 PM

Default Jobs lost

I know that a few cops have already been suspended. The same ones who refused to administer the illegal search and were suspended for it. Guess what? They got back on the job and got juicy promotions....the hitch? They gotta keep mumm about their involvement. That doesn't stink either does it? This whole thing reeks, people's houses invaded, no compensation for the damage caused to average citizens houses, no insurance for kicked in doors, RCMP lies-proven ones at that, politicians lying to the voting public.

Ill tell you what, this might seem trivial to some but if citizens don't stand up for their rights then there are no rights.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
His response will probably be to ask for proof of where and when the picture was taken, and he may even suggest that the picture was staged.

There certainly doesn't appear to be any empty seats.
In all fairness, that wasn't his response at all. In fact he was very apologetic. He came into the staff sergeant position on June 29th from the Turner Valley detachment. And yes, you are correct on one point, there were no empty seats. The air was thick but remained quite civil. "Anger boiled over" is a bit over stated in my opinion. There were your typical two clowns from the peanut gallery that couldn't muster up the courage to stand up to the mike and stayed hidden in their seat but mustered up the courage to make idiotic comments when the RCMP officer was in the hot seat.

The NFA was represented by Mr. Young, the Alberta rep. from Airdrie. A lawyer from Oshawa flew in to take people's statements and comments for those that fear making their complaints known to the RCMP.

A couple of public speakers from the community likened the RCMP's action to that of Nazi Germany in the 1930's. Certainly, a lot of seniors who have been around to know the police force of past made it clear that they had lost trust and respect once earned.

One lady stated that she had asked an officer why her two unlocked doors had been kicked in and destroyed. The reply was "well Les, sometimes it just feels good to kick doors in".

Another lady related to the fact that her mom's door was kicked in while there was a glass window right along side of it which could have easily been breached in order to simply unlock the door.

Other residents stated that the breaking down of their doors left the home more suseptible to vandalism or looting by the breeching of their home then if had been left alone.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:56 PM

Did the nfa play he audio of the RCMP radio transmissions pertaining to locating guns?
Old 09-05-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
In all fairness, that wasn't his response at all. In fact he was very apologetic. He came into the staff sergeant position on June 29th from the Turner Valley detachment.
I wasn't referring to the staff sergeant, I was referring to Sundancefisher.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
No, I am sure Sundancefisher made the drive to High River to learn first hand about the topic he loves to argue about.

Perhaps he has been humbled and has realized human rights are for everybody - including gun owners.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Or may be Sundancefisher is the staff sergeant
Old 09-05-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:

Was at the meeting. Many people venting their anger, frustration and most of all confusion. I feel compasion for the new commanding officer of the HR detachment cleaning up someone elses mess. The question was asked more than once where the commanding officer responsible for the decisions was and why he was not fielding questions. Somewhere else obviously.
A common theme was that the registry is alive and well because of the extra vigour put into searches where sidearms were not found but were present. There is SO MUCH that just does not add up. It is my wish that the facts will be known because the people of High River deserve that much.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Did the nfa play he audio of the RCMP radio transmissions pertaining to locating guns?
No he didn't, he quoted from it. The audience was filled with middle aged or senior citizens. I didn't see any that I would perceive as big mouth AO members. Well, except for the 2 clowns behind me that seemingly graduated grade 12 by repeating grade 6 twice.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:39 PM

What were the cops in the picture doing there? Were they representatives or just wasting taxpayer dollars? Taking notes on trouble makers? (I wish that was sarcasim)

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 09-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
If that can in any way be substantiated, each officer that took part in this competition should be fired, and all officers that took part should also be required to share the cost of all damages that they caused. Every superior that was aware of this happening, but did not intervene, should also be fired.
Whoa, easy there big fellow. Remember that some of these officers are guys just like you and me. Putting bread on the table, putting kids thru school, making ends meet. Most of them are just regular Joes, like all of us. Only difference is that they put their well being on the line, daily, dealing with scum ready to end there lives at a moment's notice. I simply refuse to paint every member with the same brush. Yes, the force has received a black eye due to recent events. Someone at the top echelon surely needs to have their head chopped off, surely. But not every member of the force is a bad apple.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Whoa, easy there big fellow. Remember that some of these officers are guys just like you and me. Putting bread on the table, putting kids thru school, making ends meet. Most of them are just regular Joes, like all of us. Only difference is that they put their well being on the line, daily, dealing with scum ready to end there lives at a moment's notice. I simply refuse to paint every member with the same brush. Yes, the force has received a black eye due to recent events. Someone at the top echelon surely needs to have their head chopped off, surely. But not every member of the force is a bad apple.
Not like you and me, I'm sure both of us would have the sense to know kicking in doors is not something to trivialize by making a game of it. If the allegation is proven true, more than the top echelon needs to have heads roll.

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
What were the cops in the picture doing there? Were they representatives or just wasting taxpayer dollars? Taking notes on trouble makers? (I wish that was sarcasim)
There were 2 cops there. Invited by Danielle Smith. It was a town meeting, they were there to state their position in the matter. WTF is wrong with that? Folks had questions for them and they were there to answer them. Would you be much happier if they were a no show and saved you some money? noooooo, 'cause if they hadn't showed up, then you'd have something else to bitch at, now woudn't ya?

Seemingly, it doesn't matter what "they" do, they can't do it right to please all. Pfffffft
Old 09-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Not like you and me, I'm sure both of us would have the sense to know kicking in doors is not something to trivialize by making a game of it. If the allegation is proven true, more than the top echelon needs to have heads roll.
No argument here whatsoever. My contention is that you can't single out a single cop and blame the poor bastard for all that happened. He showed up in town after all that crap went down and now had to answer for it all. I felt sorry for the guy. Some dip****e made a decision,, he got dropped in the pond and now has to answer for it all, is all I'm saying.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:11 PM

He was the goat staked out for the Lion for sure
Old 09-05-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:

Sure the upper echelon likely ordered the break ins and the seizures, but I highly doubt that they ordered the officers to make breaking down doors into a competition. Anyone who makes a competition out of damaging people's private property, needs to be dealt with very harshly. As for the officers being family men with children, who do you suppose owned the homes that the officers were making a game out of breaking into?

As for the newly appointed staff sergeant, I honestly feel sorry for him , because he has to deal with the crap that his predecessor caused, and then ran away from. Then again, he chose this career , so he get's to clean up the mess.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 09-05-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
I don't see where anyone has said that every member of the force is a bad apple.

People just want to see those who were in the wrong held accountable.

Pretty simple and I can't see anyone arguing otherwise.

If someone screws up they should be held accountable for that. Same as in any job.

I don't get the problem with that.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
He was the goat staked out for the Lion for sure
You could be right. He came from Turner Valley, and before that Nanton. His dad and grandpa were RC's, he has a long history in the area and the force. He seemed truthfull. Most everyone at the meeting wanted answers from his predecessor.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sure the upper echelon likely ordered the break ins and the seizures, but I highly doubt that they ordered the officers to make breaking down doors into a competition. Anyone who makes a competition out of damaging people's private property, needs to be dealt with very harshly.

As for the newly appointed staff sergeant, I honestly feel sorry for him , because he has to deal with the crap that his predecessor caused, and then ran away from. Then again, he chose this career , so he get's to clean up the mess.
I agree. Just don't want to see the wrong man hung up for someone else's mistakes, no matter what one's career choice is.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Most everyone at the meeting wanted answers from his predecessor.
Of course the predecessor was not at the meeting, they couldn't risk him incriminating himself, and possibly his superiors, and other officials as well. The replacement couldn't mess up by divulging information, that he wasn't even aware of.