Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnodisiac View Post
The weapons confusion could be the result of the media not knowing the difference. Many of these people are urban folks have no exposure to firearms.

My mother, who is currently staying with me, has no idea of the difference between a shotgun and a rifle, and I own both.
Sorry....whether it is a shotgun or rifle, does it matter....Probably wouldn't bring a hand gun to this fight....Whatever weapon they can get there hands on will work....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Just because the suspects descriptions were long hair and possibly Native does not change the fact that these supposed recruits for ISIS are not only Muslims's now....They are recruiting anyone, any religion, any individual that is unhappy and will go train and fight with these terrorists.....
I'm pretty sure you need to be a muslim to be part of IS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
You are the only one with shame, how dare you blame our government and soldiers for what is happening today, it is this kind of twisted thinking that I was referring to previously.
The twisted thinking is in someone who reads my post and concludes I "Blame our government" for what happened today.

What happened today has been in the works for a while, and is probably unrelated.

Once our Jets start dropping bombs on ISIS, however, we can be assured that they will move beyond bombastic chest-thumping to trying to figure out a way to reach out and touch us for real.

They don't have SFA for projecting force, but once having been motivated by Canadian airstrikes, they'll be thinking up some pretty creative ways to respond.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Totally agree but they are hiding, recruiting amongst us all...Could be your neighbor...That is the scary part
Yep that's the lovely part about all these bleeding hearted people, but I'd like to ask them how they'd feel If a loved one died by one of these wastes, I'd send everyone of them back good or bad get outta here,
Old 10-22-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whammy View Post
I'm pretty sure you need to be a muslim to be part of IS.
Why is that? I am sure anyone that wants to become a part of isis to wreak havoc on the Western world. they would welcome them open arms....Just thinking out loud here

PS> I did not capitalize isis

Jamie, the media said it was a LONG rifle....i.e. a LONG GUN.
Kinda like the LONG GUN REGISTRY.

They're preparing the ground for the next registry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead7 View Post
Yep that's the lovely part about all these bleeding hearted people, but I'd like to ask them how they'd feel If a loved one died by one of these wastes, I'd send everyone of them back good or bad get outta here,
Yup....Totally agree
Old 10-22-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Why is that? I am sure anyone that wants to become a part of isis to wreak havoc on the Western world. they would welcome them open arms....Just thinking out loud here

PS> I did not capitalize isis
Why? Because the Islamic State believes that there should only be muslims on this earth.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Goodfellow View Post
The twisted thinking is in someone who reads my post and concludes I "Blame our government" for what happened today.

What happened today has been in the works for a while, and is probably unrelated.

Once our Jets start dropping bombs on ISIS, however, we can be assured that they will move beyond bombastic chest-thumping to trying to figure out a way to reach out and touch us for real.

They don't have SFA for projecting force, but once having been motivated by Canadian airstrikes, they'll be thinking up some pretty creative ways to respond.
I guess we should sit back and do nothing....Does proactive mean anything to you....

You must have an underground shelter to protect you
Old 10-22-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Why? Because the Islamic State believes that there should only be muslims on this earth.
Yes, I agree but they will use anyone with an axe to grind to promote their hatred.....I could be wrong though...
Old 10-22-2014, 12:49 PM

This is the week were we as Canadians need to stand up and support our Arm Forces. Never served but respect the job they do. Now that this in our back yard do what you have to do. Back these forces or stand in front your choice.

some day I'll shoot a deer bigger than my son's.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog View Post
anyone else thinking of keeping a non-restricted under the backseat with a clip in the glovebox?

CF personnel being told not to wear their uniform off-base?
Not reacting to your first suggestion but the second suggestion is not supported. CAF personnel should not hide in civilian clothing, wearing the uniform is part of the job. Not wear your uniform on Canadian soil? That is a distasteful option and must not be considered. Trolling in uniform for the sole purpose of inviting an incident, whether it be to lure a crackpot or the media is not recommended either.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I guess we should sit back and do nothing....
Does it have to be all-or-nothing?

Quote:
Does proactive mean anything to you....
Being proactive is fine - But the key is to be mindfully proactive.

Being hastily proactive has a high chance of leading to unintended consequences.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Maybe, but do you want to try walking into the local ISIS "recruiting centre" and say "Hi. I'm a Christian, and I'd like to...". I figure that's about as far as you would get.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Yep but we openeded our country up with loving arms, and this is the thanks we get, I'd get rid of everyone of them,
That is very ignorant. We cant paint them all with the same brush, I have met many nice foreigners.

This is the same mind state of "all gun owners should be disarmed because of a few bad apples"
Old 10-22-2014, 12:55 PM

Robin Goodfellow's comments are obviously the result of a soft head, and he's earned a place on my ignore list. But this is no better:

Quote:
Yep but we openeded our country up with loving arms, and this is the thanks we get, I'd get rid of everyone of them,
The last attacker was a white guy, or did you mean get rid of every immigrant whose family arrived after the natives?
Old 10-22-2014, 12:56 PM

Maybe a Christian or not, but if you are willing to kill for Isis, don't tell them...
Old 10-22-2014, 12:58 PM

I think moose head means get rid of all the radicals.. Not every immigrant
Old 10-22-2014, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Maybe a Christian or not, but if you are willing to kill for Isis, don't tell them...
I highly doubt that the terrorists involved in the 2 attacks this week had any direct ties to ISIS. They are merely sympathizers that were motivated by ISIS propaganda.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
Tie them in a chair and force them to listen to celine dion at full volume
And Rita McNeil .
Old 10-22-2014, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
Not reacting to your first suggestion but the second suggestion is not supported. CAF personnel should not hide in civilian clothing, wearing the uniform is part of the job. Not wear your uniform on Canadian soil? That is a distasteful option and must not be considered. Trolling in uniform for the sole purpose of inviting an incident, whether it be to lure a crackpot or the media is not recommended either.
Just make loaded sidearms part of a Soldiers uniform, just like the Police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I highly doubt that the terrorists involved in the 2 attacks this week had any direct ties to ISIS. They are merely sympathizers that were motivated by ISIS propaganda.
Perhaps... We still don't know anything about today's attacker. He could very well be another Justin Borque (Moncton Shooter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkdump View Post
And Rita McNeil .
Hey now. Careful. We are a civilized country. We must not lower ourselves to their level.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:

Absolutely.. That is what I am trying to say..these individuals are following the Isis organization and possibly acting on there own... They say attack Canada.. Whatever measures you need to take on your own
Old 10-22-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Just make loaded sidearms part of a Soldiers uniform, just like the Police.
^^^^^ This, if can trust them enough to fight for our rights and freedoms we should be able to trust them enough to carry a sidearm to protect themselves.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:11 PM

One acts on their own, a group does not act on its' own. More than one is a terrorist group!

Quote:
Absolutely.. That is what I am trying to say..these individuals are following the Isis organization and possibly acting on there own... They say attack Canada.. Whatever measures you need to take on your own
Old 10-22-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
Now more than ever the country needs to band together. Our military members are being murdered on our own soil, our parliament under attack. Lets put the partisan stuff aside and stand up as CANADIANS and tell these scumbags that we will not be intimidated.

Remembrance Day is in two weeks. Show up in force, staying home will show these POS that they have won and we are scared. I'll be going as I always do, in uniform, boots and brass shone and wearing my medals proudly on my chest. My wife and children will be at my side. Lets show them that we are united and are not afraid.

I feel a rage today that I have not felt since my last tour in Afghanistan.

We need to crush this.
my regiments Motto Perseverance.
the meaning :
steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, , especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement. difficulties or steadfast and long-continued application: "Endurance and perseverance combined to win in the end

Canadians should this in these times

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 10-22-2014, 01:14 PM

Wow.

Only 3 or 4 level headed posts on here!

And it has gone 7 pages.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
"..we don't know who the enemy is at this point..
But it "is" starting to surface..
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://newsday247.com/2014/10/22/bre...attack-source/

"Newsday 24/7 got access to talk to a senior Islamic State official in Iraq who confirmed it was members of IS who launch the attack on canadian parliament and nearby areas.

He added that Canada is an anti-islamic proxy state under the US and thus is a legitimate target for it’s contribution to the war against the Islamic State.

The official not saying how many attackers were involved in the attack told Newsday 24/7 the jihadist opened fire at two police guards who tried to stop them outside the parliament building.

He said one was killed and another critically injured. jihadist were successfull in making it to inside the parliament hall where MPs and PM Stephen Harper were at the time.

“Jihadist shoot the infidels and destroyed everything inside the parliament hall,” says the official who don’t want to be named."
Old 10-22-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
Now more than ever the country needs to band together. Our military members are being murdered on our own soil, our parliament under attack. Lets put the partisan stuff aside and stand up as CANADIANS and tell these scumbags that we will not be intimidated.

Remembrance Day is in two weeks. Show up in force, staying home will show these POS that they have won and we are scared. I'll be going as I always do, in uniform, boots and brass shone and wearing my medals proudly on my chest. My wife and children will be at my side. Lets show them that we are united and are not afraid.

I feel a rage today that I have not felt since my last tour in Afghanistan.

We need to crush this.
right on! There should be no debate at all about this, only a plan and firm, unified resolve.