Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-18-2009, 07:41 PM

Default PCR Saturday

weather network says plus 2 and 10 k winds, should be a gooder. Hope to meet a lot of fellow forumers Saturday. Maybe even catch a fish wonder how many walleye I will recognize personally

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-18-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
weather network says plus 2 and 10 k winds, should be a gooder. Hope to meet a lot of fellow forumers Saturday. Maybe even catch a fish wonder how many walleye I will recognize personally
Better yet, how many will recognize you
Old 12-18-2009, 08:22 PM

Looking forward to meeting some new anglers trade some secrets but not all. Hope to be out there by noon look for the 6 man red eskimo and two bearded ironworkers.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish on View Post
Looking forward to meeting some new anglers trade some secrets but not all. Hope to be out there by noon look for the 6 man red eskimo and two bearded ironworkers.
what, one beard wasnt enough? see you on the ice!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-18-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Better yet, how many will recognize you
I hope not all of them, I want to catch a few! Have to make a trip up your way one day this winter, so I can listen to you swear when the ice cracks

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-18-2009, 09:42 PM

I will be out there all day in a green tarped home made hut with plywood ends. I will be the young guy wearing a bright green toque and a green and black arctic armour suit. If anyone wants my burbs just stop by and ask as I don't eat fish but love to catch a ton of them.

Nate
Old 12-19-2009, 07:22 AM

just as I figured, awake way too early . soon as I figure its safe to wake up the woman I will drag her out of bed and be on our way. Going to cut across at Travers, hopefully the road is in better shape than it was a couple of weekends ago from all the construction traffic. See everyone on the ice, drive safe and dont forget your bait in the freezer at home not that Ive ever done anything like that

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-19-2009, 07:55 AM

Just like christmas up early putting on new line on the rods doing my checklist checking it twice
Old 12-19-2009, 08:20 AM

can barely close my car doors I have so much stuff in there, hitting the road pretty quick here.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-19-2009, 08:53 AM

hope everyone has a great day out there...

post some pics if you can..

thanks...

A Good Friend told me,
Wind from the East fish bite the least, Wind from the West fish bite the best...
Old 12-19-2009, 09:11 PM

Only took a couple scenery shots before battery died in camera. It's was like a little shanty town today

Neat clear ice with bubbles, doesn't show up well in a 2D photo....

Nice meeting a few more forum members out there, we really do need to setup some kind of flag system to spot each other. But it was still a nice day to be outside even if the fish weren't cooperating too much.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:24 PM

wonderful pic of me lol (all black tent bending down fixing my camera, again)
Old 12-19-2009, 10:43 PM

Man I wish I coulda made this trip, anyone heading out Sunday???lol
Old 12-19-2009, 10:52 PM

I decided to head out of there by 1 since the fish weren't biting all that well around noon. I was there by 7:20 and the fishing was amazing for the first 4 hours. Nice to meet you wayne. How many did you end up hauling in for the day. I hit up keenex on my way home and hammered a bunch of rainbows for a few hours. Not quite sure where I will head in the morning but definetly need to head out.

Nate
Old 12-19-2009, 10:56 PM

Yeah! me and duckhunt are heading to clear sunday morning and pcr in the pm, anyone out there, look for a black gm with white topper and a green tarp shanty with plywood base. Stop by and say hi.

Cheers,
Alex
Old 12-19-2009, 11:13 PM

I ended up fishing out a bit too far, a little deep for the burb fest. I did manage to land 5 walleye, and FINALLY a couple burbs, first for both species thru the ice Funny thing is my wife was sitting beside me and caught lots of burbs while I was getting the walleye, guess she knew the secret. Brought home 7 burbs for supper tomorrow, she also managed 3 or 4 walleyes too. The drive home was interesting, took an extra hour with the pea soup fog, sometimes barely able to crawl along at 20 K or less. I know we drove by Champion, but we didnt see it all in all, even with the slow fishing it was a great day, got to meet a bunch more forum members too.
My first walleye thru the ice

My first ice burb

Wife's first ice walleye

Wife's first ever burb

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-20-2009, 09:02 AM

Neat clear ice with bubbles, doesn't show up well in a 2D photo....

Nice meeting a few more forum members out there, we really do need to setup some kind of flag system to spot each other. But it was still a nice day to be outside even if the fish weren't cooperating too much.[/QUOTE]

great pic Will.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-20-2009, 10:00 AM

Had a great day out at PCR...well at least I did! My Dad got skunked for some reason, even after I put the same hook on his line 10 feet away from me. We started out a little deeper but decided to move in closer to shore. In the one pic, you can see how close we were and even then it was 20 feet of water. The ice was plentiful and the hand auger did the job with no worries.

We got out there for 3 pm to catch the early evening feed and it seemed pretty slow. But at 5 pm, the gongshow began...3 walleye and 6 burbs within 45 minutes.

I was sure I was surrounded by other AO members, but I didn't learn that until after we were done for the day. I chose to get down to business first and socialize later. But as others have said, WE NEED AN AO FLAG! I met Slingshotz, said hello to Wayne, had Buckfever and Fisherwoman right beside me (but didn't know it).

Anyway, here are my pics:

We were very close to shore

My Dad in his Pak Shak for the first time...a very neat, portable, comfortable unit!

My flipover..which I really like.

Fisherwoman and another AO member (but I didn't catch his name) were in this group. They seemed to be having a blast and catching well.

A few smaller burbs..

And some of the walleye clones...either I have really big hands or these fish are very small!

Old 12-20-2009, 11:29 AM

Good to get out and meet some members. I was in the Clam Nanook and set up in 17.5 FOW. Set up early and out the Camera down. Noticed that I was maybe 3-4 ft from the drop. No burbs and just seen Eyes but not many. Managed only 1 Eye, buds caught 5 Eyes between them. It was a slow bite and others catching fish on deadsticks.
Majority of fish being caught in 25+ FOW Had to pack up aound 5ish as bud had to work later that evening. Did get to try out the new Nanook and mods I did to it. Put up some Reflectix on the top of the tent for Insulation. Wanted to test to see if there was any condensation(sweat) that would drip off top of tent. Glad to say that there was none. Ran the Buddy Heater all day long and it was toasty. Sweat off the sides but nothing dripped on me
Going to test it out in Coldy weather tommorrow at Mac.
Good to see you after all these years Wayne Maybe this X-mas, you'll get some Electronics under the Tree!
Merry X-mas to all members and have a safe Hardwater season.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:34 AM

sure was a nice day out there. nice to actually meet some of the people out.
thanks to fisherwoman for cooking up some of the burbot. tasted great.
jack&7 thank you for post your pics i was able to show the wife what the new tent looked like set up(the nice big one).
mike
Old 12-20-2009, 01:30 PM

It was a great day. Slow until about 4 only a few wall'ers seen lots on the cam and a few pike. Then when 4 hit it was madness both lines going steady took home 8 nice ones . Football and burbs. Thinking of trying cralling valley this week sometime does anyone have any reports on the ice and or the activity
Old 12-20-2009, 01:41 PM

just wonderin, how much ice is out there??? where abouts is PCR
Old 12-20-2009, 01:53 PM

pm sent

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 12-20-2009, 04:50 PM

Gr8 pics everybody! Totally jealous. Hopefully, I was good enuff this year, Santa will bring me everything I asked for and I can join u all out there this winter. Anyone know roughly how far PCR would b from Med. Hat?? Never been. Love the extended pinky finger on ur wife's hand in ur first pic Wayne...very ladylike Kinda surprised y'all haven't figured out an agreeable way of identifying each other out there on the ice yet? Thanx for sharing all!
Old 12-20-2009, 05:05 PM

Hey fishfinder if you want to hit up pcr sometime on a weekend let me know. I live in lethbridge and could travel with you out there or take my truck out there. It is about an hour to an hour and 15 from lethbridge so im thinking about 2.5 to 3 from med. hat.

Nate
Old 12-20-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
Gr8 pics everybody! Totally jealous. Hopefully, I was good enuff this year, Santa will bring me everything I asked for and I can join u all out there this winter. Anyone know roughly how far PCR would b from Med. Hat?? Never been. Love the extended pinky finger on ur wife's hand in ur first pic Wayne...very ladylike Kinda surprised y'all haven't figured out an agreeable way of identifying each other out there on the ice yet? Thanx for sharing all!
Google map says its 280kms via the #3 then #2.
Cross country from the Hat may be shorter but no matter what you are looking at 3+ hours.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:09 PM

Default PCR Lake

Yes, I also had a good time. Had a few drinks and enjoyed the nice lings. I did not even mind the chicken fry song.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
Hey fishfinder if you want to hit up pcr sometime on a weekend let me know. I live in lethbridge and could travel with you out there or take my truck out there. It is about an hour to an hour and 15 from lethbridge so im thinking about 2.5 to 3 from med. hat.

Nate
Hmm sounds like a trip. Will let u know via PM when a weekend opens up... 3 hrs is not outta range. Would like to meet some members n catch some fish!! And hopefully by that time there will b a way to identify one another? Simple recognizable logo, all sides of shack... makes sense to me? Jus tossin the idea out there..? Have fun all
Old 12-20-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatter View Post
Google map says its 280kms via the #3 then #2.
Cross country from the Hat may be shorter but no matter what you are looking at 3+ hours.
2- hrs u mean Jus kiddin. The #3 btween the Hat n Bridge is as scary as the #2 btween Cowtown n Edmonton these days. Would likely b a 3 hr trip in winter, thanx for googlin it! Perhaps a trip down the road......
Old 12-20-2009, 07:46 PM

Fishfinder let me know if you want to go on a weekend, could always come thru here and take one vehicle from here. Im off the week after Christmas, so if you have a weekday off let me know maybe we can head down that way. Did our burbs for dinner tonight, damn they were good!!!!!! Have to find some bigger ones closer to home too. Yes we do need a flag or something for recognition, I marked it on my pop up but its hard to see in the dark

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds