Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:40 AM

Default Back to the rock to do some real fishing

Get the splitin knive ready old man
Old 06-30-2010, 10:49 AM

Bye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
Old 06-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
To do some REAL fishing... What we do here in Alberta is not REAL fishing ???

Maybe while your there you can get one of those REAL jobs out on the rock and leave the ones here for the REAL Albertans...
Old 06-30-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
To do some REAL fishing... What we do here in Alberta is not REAL fishing ???

Maybe while your there you can get one of those REAL jobs out on the rock and leave the ones here for the REAL Albertans...
I know a SLEW of 488/720 boys born and raised by the wild rose that would salute you with a beer for that one bro.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:01 PM

Whoa boys, calm down. The guy'sprobably just happy to see the folks at home and do some sea fishing... or perhaps even help family or friends do some commercial fishing. I wouldn't take it as a swipe at Alberta, unless you are looking to be offended.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:24 PM

All this guys posts are negative. That's what he gets.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemustang View Post
All this guys posts are negative. That's what he gets.
Are you perhaps confusing him with someone else Mustang? I reviewed his 46 posts (at least top level, and opened quite a few) and I wouldn't say any of them is negative. Mostly he asks questions about fishing.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:09 PM

Im with the other two , dont like it here dont need to come back .

I love when people from the east complain about alberta . Its simple dont like it get the hell out .
Old 06-30-2010, 01:18 PM

Default .

so nice to hear this stuff boys livin in fort mac has turned me 100% anti newfie lol cant wait to move back to sundre where people respect alberta
Old 06-30-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Are you perhaps confusing him with someone else Mustang? I reviewed his 46 posts (at least top level, and opened quite a few) and I wouldn't say any of them is negative. Mostly he asks questions about fishing.
That's because most of them have been be deleted by the mods.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:32 PM

Haha, this is a funny one. Don't take this the wrong way guys, but why are you so uptight? I know I get ragged on all the time by Albertans b/c I'm from SK. No skin off my back.

And nothing against Alberta, but man am I stoked to move to PG this fall! Good fishing out there, without having to drive three hours! Alberta has been good to me in my short time here though. And this forum too!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:08 PM

saying thats only real fishing sure makes a lot of people here who put a lot of time in a lil ****ed off (including me). have fun, maybe stay a little longer than planned
Old 06-30-2010, 04:13 PM

good riddance.......
Old 06-30-2010, 04:16 PM

Bah, grain of salt...

Haha, you and me both. Have atleast three years planned so far. Going for school, so I'll still be an Albertan citizen. Don't get too worked up.

I even remember being razzed by BC folk for my SK fishing style. It's a loose, loose situation...

Anyway, have a good Canada Day folks! I'm sure we all are Canadian on here, so we share that!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I love alberta been here 25 years ,do have many great friends here,the great rockies ,many a good fishing trips ,i raised my kids here,u guys need to lightin up,
Old 06-30-2010, 04:29 PM

I don't think it's a matter of people lightening up as it is you choosing your words more carefully. Haha
Anyways enjoy your trip!

Ice
Old 06-30-2010, 04:29 PM

I was on a crew this spring in Fort Mac and out of well over a hundred tradesmen there was about 10 of us from western canada. The rest from NFLD and Cape Bull****. All you heard was how much alberta sucked and how stuck up we are. They told me we act like we are better then everyone else. Keep in mind not all of them were like that, i met some really good guys up there but id say most. They stuck to their own clics and left us out of the loop. Sooo many of them were related it blew my mind. Most were fresh out of school(not even apprentices) making 60 something an hour. And guess what happened when lay offs came almost all the albertans were cut first. We were all journeymen and they kept most of the apprentices from out east. Now Ill never be opposed to anyone from canada (-quebec) coming and working in alberta cause we are all canadians but dont bitch about it. Alberta paid for that truck your "misses" drives when you are working your 20 and 8, it paid for your little piece of land by the pond, your kids hockey equipment, hell even for your can of vienna sausages and she most certainly paid for your 10 months of poggy that you got coming to ya!!! So have a little bit of respect.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:32 PM

That being said the fishing is better out east but the hunting is way better here. Except moose of course but that doesnt count cause all the newfs poached our moose anyways j/k.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:11 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
That being said the fishing is better out east but the hunting is way better here. Except moose of course but that doesnt count cause all the newfs poached our moose anyways j/k.
i put my draw in every year like most everyone else my man,i gets me moose and deer every year b'y,all by the book,i do agree alberta as got the best big game hunting,but i havn't seen a seal yet!!!just sayin.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
i put my draw in every year like most everyone else my man,i gets me moose and deer every year b'y,all by the book,i do agree alberta as got the best big game hunting,but i havn't seen a seal yet!!!just sayin.
Yah well thats the thing you are just saying.. You picked a bone now you have to deal with it..

I mean is there not a nuphie outdoors site you can go on to express your thoughts or have we Albertans not sent enough wellfare money that way to pay for one yet ???
Old 06-30-2010, 08:25 PM

I was hoping when Oil went back to $40/BBL and Nat Gas to $4 they would all get sent home, but like ESOXangle said the Albertans were the first to be laid off.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:22 AM

Life is too short to take everything as an insult. Have a nice trip home bud!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:24 AM

hah, what do you mean get sent home? alberta is the new newfoundland for christ sakes. im an electrician doing mainly industrial work for the oil patch in northern alberta. seems like every day on site more and more of them are pouring in.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:48 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannafish View Post
hah, what do you mean get sent home? alberta is the new newfoundland for christ sakes. im an electrician doing mainly industrial work for the oil patch in northern alberta. seems like every day on site more and more of them are pouring in.
The ****
Albertans will be albertans newfies run east for the winter
Old 07-01-2010, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
The ****
Albertans will be albertans newfies run east for the winter

Kinda like geese
But the geese are smarter
Atleast they go south were it's warm.

Ooooo my bad

Ice

Last edited by ice; 07-01-2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:45 AM

Ice u were half rite ,i run east in the summer,drink beer get fat,and bring back a cooler full of fishs
Old 07-01-2010, 10:43 PM

i consider 'real' fishing to be salt water fishing because im from the east coast and that is how we are raised, mostly because any fish u can catch in alberta, sturgeon aside are small, and alot of men consider size everything.... odd that all you alberta folks dont grasp that. that being said.... 'real' fishin and fishin = FUN. and yes yall need to lighten up... alberta is the only province i know of that the rest of the country compares to the USA and for the most part it isnt our attitudes. its yours. and here is a good example i work with alot of albertan guys they say i am annoying and i need to change i tell them i find them annoying and they should change i get told in turn this is our province why should we have to change.... incase u missed it they are suggesting my opinion and comfort at work means nothing because im from another part of the same country. but guess what WE ARE ALL CANADIAN ITS TIME YOU ALL START ACTING LIKE IT DROP THE KNIVES FOR BACK STABBING AND PICK UP A FEW BEERS OR 40 POUNDERS AND ENJOY YOUR FELLOW COUNTRYMEN. it IS all about ATTITUDE. most of the stuff i read in this thread is negative and all because your all super defencive about your fishery and how much better your province is than the rest.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alodar View Post
i consider 'real' fishing to be salt water fishing because im from the east coast and that is how we are raised, mostly because any fish u can catch in alberta, sturgeon aside are small, and alot of men consider size everything.... odd that all you alberta folks dont grasp that. that being said.... 'real' fishin and fishin = FUN. and yes yall need to lighten up... alberta is the only province i know of that the rest of the country compares to the USA and for the most part it isnt our attitudes. its yours. and here is a good example i work with alot of albertan guys they say i am annoying and i need to change i tell them i find them annoying and they should change i get told in turn this is our province why should we have to change.... incase u missed it they are suggesting my opinion and comfort at work means nothing because im from another part of the same country. but guess what WE ARE ALL CANADIAN ITS TIME YOU ALL START ACTING LIKE IT DROP THE KNIVES FOR BACK STABBING AND PICK UP A FEW BEERS OR 40 POUNDERS AND ENJOY YOUR FELLOW COUNTRYMEN. it IS all about ATTITUDE. most of the stuff i read in this thread is negative and all because your all super defencive about your fishery and how much better your province is than the rest.
im pretty sure not one of us has declared our province better than any other one on this forum. But thats the issue right there you created that myth in your head. You tell us to relax and then say stuff like how people compare us to the states and tell us its our attitude. What about your attitude?. And chances are if its more than one guy at work (regardless of home province) thats telling you that you are annoying, you probably are just that annoying.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:09 PM

alberta is the place too be.. you dont like the way we talk or our attitudes then sorry dont comment on this forum and go back to where your from so that someone can talk to you nice and sweet.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:46 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't ANYBODY apply for the jobs?

For a moment there I couldn't believe the ignorant chit being spewed.....but then it occured to me that this is the fishing forum......

Good luck with your trip GWW and be safe on the water. You chasing scallops?
Closed Thread