Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-15-2011, 05:22 PM

Default Anyone ice-fish Chestermere?

Going to watch my stepson ice race motorcycles at Chestermere tomorrow and instead of just sitting in the truck watching the oval-I was wondering if it makes sense to drop a line.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:14 PM

I ice fished in the derby there today, we caught 2 at the far south both no where near legal. Just jig or spoon and a minnow. Unfortunatly at the north end where they will be ice racing the water is too low and I'm about 99% sure she is frozen right to the bottom.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:46 PM

Thx Logan
You saved my auger and me some embarrassment.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I ice fished in the derby there today, we caught 2 at the far south both no where near legal. Just jig or spoon and a minnow. Unfortunatly at the north end where they will be ice racing the water is too low and I'm about 99% sure she is frozen right to the bottom.
Did anyone catch a legal fish this year at the derby?

Did they measure all fish or draw for prizes?
“My rifle … this is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my friend … I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle without me is useless … I will learn its strengths and weaknesses, its parts, its accessories, its sights, and its barrel. I will keep it clean and ready, we will become part of each other … before God, I swear this creed.” General William H. Rupertus
Old 01-26-2011, 05:59 PM

Default ice fishing at chestermere

hello i never fished there but was wondering where is a good spot, how is the ice condition and are you aloud truck on there or not
Old 01-26-2011, 06:23 PM

Im not sure if you can get a truck on there or not, I always just walk to where I fish. If you take East Chestermere drive to the far south end and walk out a coupe of hundred yards into about 10-15fow I usually do alright for hammer handles. I do see lots of people fishing by the park just across from the Rec Center but Im not too sure how deep it is or how the fishing is there but there is always people out there.