Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-01-2020, 08:22 AM

Just wondering if a team is confined to 1 lake or if they wanted could they load up and run to a different lake during the day if they wanted? Great idea by the way.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APAShooter View Post
Just wondering if a team is confined to 1 lake or if they wanted could they load up and run to a different lake during the day if they wanted? Great idea by the way.
It's just one lake, only weather permitting can a team change lakes and it must be notified to the director prior to switching. Thanks for asking. Feel free to join. We are almost full.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:39 AM

Hello everyone, just a few updates, we are adding two new rules.

Measuring:

The Friday night (19th) I will tell everyone a certain item that must be included in all their walleye picture submissions. This will prevent any pre tournament pictures being used.

WhatsApp/ Check In:

One member from each team must download the WhatsApp app. It's a group chat app that iPhone and Android users can be in.
I will be creating a group chat. All questions can be answered there. That's where I will be posting the pre tournament spreadsheet with all the teams listed and what lakes they are fishing. I will also post the final results in the chat with the winners and complete data for everyone to check out.

There will be a mandatory check in period between 12pm-1pm where every team must send in an update with their current fish lengths. This hour time frame gives you time to find service, we should all have it somewhere and check in. This will add excitement, intrigue and let everyone know where they stand. Obviously things will change over the final 6-7 hours with upgraded fish lengths.

When checking in you can send a video update with your lengths like on 39hours or you can just message in it simply such as example: "Team Name" Fish1:26", fish2: 28.25", fish3:20" fish4:19.75"

Pictures on the update or throughout the day are encouraged but not required. A grip and grin picture would be perfect. No need to send the measuring pictures until the tournament ends.

If you have any questions you can email or text me.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:56 PM

I have spoken with contacts in F&W and spoke to the Gaming Commission. We are 100% good to go. We are opening the tournament to more teams as there have been requests to after we filled the tourney.

If you are interested in joining. First prize is $1000 as of right now.
$100 entry per 2 man boat team. Message or email me if you want to join!
Old 06-21-2020, 08:58 PM

Well fellas how was the fishing let’s here who the walleye master was this weekend. Hope the weather cooperated for you all.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:36 PM

Yes very interested to hear how it went!
Old 06-23-2020, 03:23 PM

It was an awesome fun day of fishing. Everyone involved were great people and the weather turned out excellent, if not a little to hot. Fishing totals were amazing I thought. Our total of just under 105" for 4 walleye I thought was pretty good and not even close to the winners! Great event!
Old 06-23-2020, 03:37 PM

We placed 3rd with 107.75.” We entered as a father/son team and I was really thankful to be apart of it. As dad gets older and life gets busy with kids we don’t have time for a 3 day event with big fees and big time commitments. What a blast
Thanks Cody!
Old 06-23-2020, 05:49 PM

Girlfriend and I managed 2nd with 108.5". We had a great morning but the fishing really slowed down around 11:30 and was downright tough come 2pm once all the jet ski's and wake board boats started coming out. I don't think we had caught a fish for a couple hours when I hooked a good one around 3:15. Unfortunately it spit the hook on its 3rd tear back to the bottom, never even got to see it. Would likely not have given us the 6.5" upgrade we would have needed to contend for 1st. It was pretty much dead calm and downright hot in the afternoon. I normally would have been swimming at that point, but there was money on the line! Was a great day.
Old 06-23-2020, 06:36 PM

sounds like the day was a blast!

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 06-23-2020, 07:47 PM

Great day on the water. We were in the right place at the right time and ended with 115.5”. Looking forward to next year already ladies and gents!
Old 06-24-2020, 06:49 AM

You guys had an awesome day! Congrats! Already tied up some bigger spinners to try out. Just have to remember what your boat looks like so I can see where all your secret spots are!
Old 05-02-2021, 11:20 PM

Has there been any talk of this happening again this year? We would love to participate if it is !?!?