Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-08-2018, 02:27 PM

Default Fishing in Portugal?

Hey guys, I have a wedding to attend in Portugal in June, on the southern coast.

Anyone ever fished there? Sounds like there can be some good opportunities for tuna, shark and maybe marlin.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:36 PM

lol that's awesome a wedding AND fishing??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2018, 09:50 AM

A friend of mine from Germany used to fish there a lot, marlin and shark, for the sharks they transfered to the Azores most of the time though.
There is also some nice fresh water fishing for carp, those big fat mirror carp that are nice to fish.
A Google search should provide plenty of guides.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:32 PM

Yeah, looks like June will be more sharks and maybe tuna. That would be awesome.

I've been looking online, but you know how that goes. I found most of the salmon charters that I have been on the same way and the only one I would ever return to out of 6 is Serengeti.

I thought I would ask to see if anyone has been there fishing. Nothing better than an endorsement from a fellow outdoorsmen.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:12 PM

Checked with my buddy, they used to book guides in Vilamoura at the harbor in person as well without going to the Azores. Possible sharks there are mako, blue, hammerhead and tiger, all c&r. Marlin and tuna are also possible, but they were usually after sharks.
He said they never had a bad experience with guides, all of them worked their asses off to get people their fish and they always had a great time.

No idea how long you are there, but might be interesting to see if you can find cheap flights to Spain (or drive), send the wife to Barcelona for shopping and culture and book a catfish trip on the river Ebro. The European catfish are nothing like those in the US, they get over 7' long and triple digit weights.
http://www.ebrofishing.com