Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-05-2018, 01:29 PM

Default Costa Rica Charter Fishing Deal

Will be heading down to Costa in February/March and looking to split an offshore charter as I will be the only one on the boat.

Split everything, approximate cost is $1100CAD for a 9 hour charter out of Quepos, not including guide tip.

Feb/March is arguably the best time for bill fish and the waters are flat calm. Would be interested in booking multiple days, like one offshore one inshore day.

Dates are flexible. PM me if you are interested thanks.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:02 PM

Can't go with you,,, but I will put a plug in for fishing out of Quepos on the central CR coast as compared to Guanacaste on the NW coast (where all the charters fly to the resorts). Feb / March traditionally sees calmer seas and a much hotter sailfish bite in Quepos. In addition to that, Quepos is a really neat fishing port / town with numerous options for accommodation ranging from inexpensive villas / posadas to boutique hotels and eco resorts. Nearby is Manio Antonio National park with one of the best beaches in Costa Rica.

I am sure you will have great time.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:30 PM

PM sent
Old 01-07-2018, 09:21 AM

I dont think he is on here but who knows with names. On some of our Facebook fishing froups and I think you are on a few the same look up Robert Thompson. He has or had a condo down there and was spending half his life there and had a guide boat too. Last I heard he was just doing short visits and no boat but look him up. I am sure he can tell you anything you want to know. All those big tropical fish pics you saw at TFH on the wall were him. If you are not able let me know and I can hook you guys up. We still keep in touch a bit on Facebook.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:22 PM

Thanks for the replies guys.

Gringo, I believe that is a member here, I've PM'd him as I recognized his pics from TFH and his videos. Appreciate the heads up, it seems that AO members are everywhere!
Old 01-07-2018, 10:26 PM

Yes they are. Never met him over here in all the years I have been on here and that is a long time. He has some interesting catches to his credit down there and up here. I am sure he can give you lots of info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
Thanks for the replies guys.

Gringo, I believe that is a member here, I've PM'd him as I recognized his pics from TFH and his videos. Appreciate the heads up, it seems that AO members are everywhere!
Old 01-09-2018, 02:16 PM

Headed down to Puntarenas Feb 24 for my honeymoon......not sure the wife would like the idea of being on a boat fishing for 9 hours. Is this the area you will be as well? Was looking to do a half day at least of fishing while down there.