Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-03-2007, 07:36 AM

Default Unbelievable

Well guys i have been wanting to go and hunt a stone ram the day i seen my first one, well last night i got a call from a northern bc outfitter asking me if i wanted a stone sheep hunt for half price, two guys cancelled yesterday and me and a buddy are in, talked to the boss this morning and he doesnt have a problem with it, unbelievable turn of events, stone sheep from august 1-15 and dall sheep from august 29-sept 10.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:38 AM

Default rams

Good Luck! Who's your stone outfitter? My buddy is going in 08 with Tom Vince. Are you going with Chris to BP for dalls? If you are, you'll have a great hunt. I know some guys that guide for Kelly at Arctic Red, there always booked up too. Your on your way to a slam.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:42 AM
sheephunter

Way to go gunslinger. My Stone hunt still rates way at the top of my all-time favourite hunts. There is something about those rams that truly epitomizes all things wild!. I hope you find a hawg.

A straight month of sheep hunting...man you'll be as tough as nails when you get back.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 AM

Awesome man....pretty hard to beat a nice Stone's ram....
Old 07-03-2007, 09:07 AM

Default you bet

i cant wait to sit on top of them mountains again and drink that fresh mountain water and hopefully find me a old ram, sitting here watching some vidoes right now.
yea sheep been training real hard every day here, packing 60 pounds for 5 km every day twice, legs are feeling good, we are going with misty mountain outfitting.
yes cranker that is who i am going with up in the yukon is bonnet plume, seen some dandies come out of there.
man is this exciting
Old 07-03-2007, 05:09 PM

Congrats Gun,hope to see some great pics.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:19 PM

You better remove that horse shoe before it starts to fester.
Wait a minuite, I think it's already started that explains that terrible odor from the North West.

Actually way to go man, but why did'nt ya snag a slot for me?
Honestly enjoy it, and get a bragger too boot.

There are no absolutes
Old 07-03-2007, 05:37 PM

Isn't there a law against TWO sheep hunts in 1 year?? Good on ya man hope you bag a couple of good ones.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:42 PM
sheephunter

There should be a law...lol A buddy of mine is hoping to take all four sheep in a 12-month span with his bow. He took a bighorn last October and a desert early this year. He's going on a Dall hunt in July and has tentatively booked a Stone hunt if the Dall hunt is a success. The Dall will complete his slam as he took a Stone a few years ago but he'd really like to do it all in a year if possible. Now there outta be a law against that....lol
Old 07-03-2007, 06:21 PM

That would be a pretty sweet accomplishment Sheep.....I've read about a few others who were attempting to shoot their Slam in one year....with the bow that would be quite amazing....
Old 07-03-2007, 11:29 PM

25 years in Prison!!!!!!

jk you guys have fun. I wish I was there.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 07-04-2007, 12:48 AM

Way to go Slinger, hope you get a couple of good ones!
Old 07-04-2007, 02:22 AM

Default unbeleivable

hey gunslinger,good for you,i dream of them hunts you are going on,just think if we go and get your bighorn to this year you will have your 3/4 slam in one year,then the big bucks come out to finish of that slam,my minumum tip jsut went up though for that bighorn now that i am jelous,lol,oh and dont forget to take the video camera,and remember to turn it on this time
Old 07-04-2007, 06:38 PM

Hope everything goes well and the weather / rams co-operate. One question: to go on as many quality hunts as you do you must be single? Or just about divorced?
Old 07-04-2007, 06:48 PM

Default hunts

haha, yea well the wifey is very understanding thats for sure nowadays, but i did jsut buy her a new riding mower (haha).
couldnt turn this deal down this time, half price because of cancellation,

sheepslam i have been asking you and monstermuley to take me to your little hideouts for a few years now, thanks bro for the vote and lets hope i connect, also picked up a goat tag, so if i finish up my sheep in decent time i am going ot try for a big old billy with the bow.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:48 PM

Talking

must be nice there slinger- living the dreams man- keep it up cause the rest of us working fools sure can't. Let us know with the pics- maybe i'll come and photograph for ya
Old 07-06-2007, 06:32 AM

Default you bet

yup picked up a goat tag last night from darcy, if and if i get a ram within my 15 days we are going to go after a billy with my bow, they have some dandie billy's in there i guess, north of smithers bc.
she also told me that i can bring a non hunter for 200 a day. sure woudl be nice to have er all on film wouldnt it.
shes creeping up here only 23 days left till i leave.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:30 PM

Default 14 days to go

only two weeks left before i get off this rig and into the high country, outfitter is in cutting trails right now and has seen a band of 15 rams with 2 hogs in it i guess.

got the new camera yesterday and its ready to roll.
been shooting federal 165 nossler ballistic tips out to 300 with my 30-06 at a gong and hitting it with almost every shot,,,legs are feeling good,,,lost 12 pounds from backpakcing every day and i think im ready to rooll boys..

anybody else been packing the packs and shooting getting ready.
sssshhhheeeesssss sheep season boys.....best of luck to everyone this year and lets get some awsome photos boys.