Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-23-2021, 07:01 PM

Malawi is on the hit list I was hoping to try Jordan from the Island's Burmese but it looks like they may have shut down. Those genetics look very cool but regulars and small spaces don't mix or more accurately I don't want to pop 2 beans and have them both be male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post
Very nice Aulrich! Durban is on my list of varieties I’d like to try.

I’ve been on a haze/sativa kick lately. My last grow was Malawi. The end result was harder to judge because I pollinated the whole works lol.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulrich View Post
Malawi is on the hit list I was hoping to try Jordan from the Island's Burmese but it looks like they may have shut down. Those genetics look very cool but regulars and small spaces don't mix or more accurately I don't want to pop 2 beans and have them both be male
Regulars are a pain for sure. I like to make seed though and it’s easier rather than reversing a female.

I grew one plant of killerA5 Haze and was very impressed. I crossed it with pineapple banana bud from Green Mountain Seeds. I’m interested to see what’s in those seeds.

I’ve been working my way through the catalogue at Ace seeds. I think I may try the Auto Zamaldelica outdoors this summer.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:26 PM

Quote:
I like using Gaia Green slow-release organics especially outside where you can get enough rain that it gets hard to give a feeding. But I do also have calmag and mega mass 3 part salt based, because some girls do get hungry and a little supplement can go a long way.

I tend to keep it simple, but of decent quality.

for those who do photoperiods outside do you do light deprivation or heat a greenhouse to finish your plants
I use the Gaia also. I mix my own with alfalfa pellets,kelp, frass etc. Let it cook and it’s ready to go. Having my own worm farm for the ewc really helps.
Coco and organic don’t seam to mix for some reason. Salts make coco easy as long as you get the runoff.
Old 03-23-2021, 09:08 PM

I'm getting ready to buffer my coco. I noticed tonight that I have a bunch of roots poking through the drain holes in the starter pots.

My cal\mag from my last grow is almost empty so I'll have to pick something up tomorrow. What are you guys using with your coco perlite mix?

Sent from my BAH2-W19 using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2021, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
I'm getting ready to buffer my coco. I noticed tonight that I have a bunch of roots poking through the drain holes in the starter pots.

My cal\mag from my last grow is almost empty so I'll have to pick something up tomorrow. What are you guys using with your coco perlite mix?

Ive not seen a Ca deficiency using tap water and water soluble fertilizer,what I do see is yellowing from lack of Mg.I understand Coco needs extra but your fertilizer should have a good amount of Ca in it.Tap water also should have some.
To buffer the coco I mix to about .5-.7 EC a pinch of epsom and water away.Let a good amount of runoff go through to waste.Let sit a day and plant.Keep pots small so that you can feed daily.I stop at 3 gallon and find its just the right size for daily feeds.I know some people jump to much bigger pots like 7 gallon but I think your just wasting nutrients unless your growing 10' tall trees,lol.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:25 AM

One of these days I will have to do a run with coco the big bale of promix can be annoying to store when it is not in the pot vs those compressed bricks of coco.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten, View Post
I use the Gaia also. I mix my own with alfalfa pellets,kelp, frass etc. Let it cook and it’s ready to go. Having my own worm farm for the ewc really helps.
Coco and organic don’t seam to mix for some reason. Salts make coco easy as long as you get the runoff.
I tried this route last time and the results were not all that great. They looked great until a few weeks into flower then started having deficiencies. It was a long veg period though. I tried top dressing but it was too late. I’d like to get some worms and try again.

Getting proper fertilizer amounts has always been something I’ve struggled with.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post
I tried this route last time and the results were not all that great. They looked great until a few weeks into flower then started having deficiencies. It was a long veg period though. I tried top dressing but it was too late. I’d like to get some worms and try again.

Getting proper fertilizer amounts has always been something I’ve struggled with.
Simple fix with organic growing is transplant into bigger pots one week before flip. Organic growing is hard in anything smaller then 10 gallon.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Simple fix with organic growing is transplant into bigger pots one week before flip. Organic growing is hard in anything smaller then 10 gallon.
Thanks. I was in 3 gallon pots so that would be a factor
Old 03-24-2021, 03:55 PM

With the Gaia Green typically I'll use the 4-4-4 in the first pot in the second pot I'll use 50/50 general/bloom. Early in bloom the girls still need a fair bit of N, so the straight bloom blend is not quite right. Ironically it ends up being a lot like good tomato food .
Old 03-26-2021, 08:15 AM

Hey guys,I found a seed in some store bought weed,its blue venom,I soaked it for 5 days in papertowel and it is has a root starting,about a eighth of a inch,should I plant it or let sprout grow a little more.
Old 03-26-2021, 08:33 AM

Get it in some dirt! Imo
Old 07-08-2021, 03:05 PM

Plants are getting flushed and will be getting chopped down on Saturday morning. I'll try to add some pics tonight or tomorrow .

Does anyone have any decent outdoor plants on the go?

I was going to try some auto flowers outside this year, but with the new grow tent and max 4 plants, I stuck with indoor.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:32 AM

Got 2 blueberry and 2 lemon auto's in the greenhouse,there doing great blueberries are about 1 week away from being finished,I started them Apr. 17th in the house.Lemons should be finished aug 1st.
The seed I found spouted but never grew,a weed did come up in the pot but wasn't the good kind of weed,I watered it for a couple weeks thow ,LOL.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba300 View Post
Got 2 blueberry and 2 lemon auto's in the greenhouse,there doing great blueberries are about 1 week away from being finished,I started them Apr. 17th in the house.Lemons should be finished aug 1st.
The seed I found spouted but never grew,a weed did come up in the pot but wasn't the good kind of weed,I watered it for a couple weeks thow ,LOL.
You put effort in and did your part lol.

Next year I'll plan my winter grow so it ends in time to try some autos outside. Then I can try growing something else in the tent during the summer.
Old 07-09-2021, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Guess I'll have to start taking gardening more seriously. Gonna need a bigger greenhouse next time. Three plants sure grow good in black loam dirt with just rain water and sunlight. (kidding. Wish it was my greenhouse)
Is this a medium size plant? I wonder what a large one would look like lol
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 07-10-2021, 01:26 PM

I got one white widow growing outside an a mystery plant that a buddy found seeds in a bag that are both doing good the white widow should start flowering soon
Old 07-10-2021, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkslayer132 View Post
True north sucks you cannot even use a credit card to pay in Canada. And their customer service is pathetic.
I've also had problems with True North. But they made things right for me without any hassle. Thankfully.

I've found quite a few Seed Co's that only take Western Union, bank draft or E-Transfer.

Does anyone know of any smoke or Vape shops still selling seeds in the Edmonton area? (use PM if you know of any) Used to be so easy to find them locally.

In the past you could find seeds all over when it was all still illegal but since legalization they are all but impossible to find.

I used to get mine from Skunked Smoke Shop next to HydroLite on Fort Road.

That was REAL convenient when he still sold seeds. He sold the place shortly after he was violently robbed at gunpoint buy a bunch of Somalian thugs, the new owner doesn't sell them.

Too bad, he had a great selection with decent prices.
Old 07-10-2021, 07:37 PM

Ive got a cali O clone that ive been putting into the shed at 7pm every day since June 21 to speed up the flowering.Doing ok little buds on it now.Around Aug 10 or so Ill just leave it outside.Should finish by labor day.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:28 AM

I haven't updated in a while. I made the same mistake again, I let the girls get too big before switching to flower stage. And I ended up with lots of small buds. But they will go to making bubble hash and cooking. The bigger, normal sized buds are for smoking. This is what I have left. I harvested a couple of months ago. I smoked quite a bit, and gave lots away. Tonight we're going to a friend's birthday, he's getting a Ziploc bag full. There's too much for just myself.

They are 1L jars, filled about ¾ full. All cured with a nice stiff spongy feel. Then 2 ½ freezer bags full of small buds. I could have trimmed these but it took me over a week in my spare time to trim the bigger buds. Next time I'll hire some stoners to do it for me. I'm thinking girls in their underwear, just like in the movies. I wonder what the boss would think about that? LoL.

The inlaws came over for Thanksgiving, so the boss wanted me to wait until they left before starting again. So this weekend we might germinate. I'm making some modifications to my setup. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. It's auto feed and drain so we can take off on camping trips and not worry about the girls.

Anyway enough writing, how have you guys and gals been making out with your gardens?

Old 10-23-2021, 11:41 AM

I had to eventually bend them all down they ended up getting way too tall. I don't have pics of before I harvested.

Old 10-29-2021, 09:25 AM

Here we go again. I picked up these girls the other day. Got them in some pots last night. In a few weeks I might take some clones off of one of them, and send the other one to a friend's place.

I was going to start a couple of seeds to have 2 different strains going, but decided to stick with just one this time.

The strain is "inzane in the membrane". Supposed to have a nice lemon flavour. And loaded with thc.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
Here we go again. I picked up these girls the other day. Got them in some pots last night. In a few weeks I might take some clones off of one of them, and send the other one to a friend's place.

I was going to start a couple of seeds to have 2 different strains going, but decided to stick with just one this time.

The strain is "inzane in the membrane". Supposed to have a nice lemon flavour. And loaded with thc.

Them girls need a spray of epsom ,their Mg deficient.
Old 10-29-2021, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Them girls need a spray of epsom ,their Mg deficient.
I gave them a light feeding last night.

But I will be picking up a spray bottle!
Old 01-01-2022, 12:56 PM

So here's an update. Those little clones grew up to be little mother plants. Then they got cloned just in time to give neat house plants to all of our friends. I saved some that are just about ready to transplant into their final pots.

Now I'm working on a different self draining system than I had before. I used to have individual draining trays, that all plumbed in to the pump bucket, then got pumped to the catch bucket. Now I'll be using a 4X4' flood table instead of the trays. The corners are trimmed to fit in the tent. And 2 drains installed on the low point. This will drain into the pump bucket, then into the catch bucket.

I'm just waiting for the glue to dry. Then I can finish the drain plumbing. Hopefully tomorrow or Monday I'll have it all installed in the tent. I've been slacking with the holiday season. I gotta get my butt back in gear. I'll update with pics of the girls when I get them transplanted.

Old 01-09-2022, 09:12 PM

The girls moved into their new 3 gallon homes. Trimmed down to 3 branches each. A little low stress training to spread everything out and get everything the same height.

Like usual I'm behind and too busy doing other things. I was hoping to have the co² hooked up already. Maybe during the week I can find some time. I just got the auto feed system hooked up yesterday.

I'll update more when I get a chance.

How about you guys? How are your indoor gardens doing?

Old 01-10-2022, 10:09 AM

Holly purple stems man,Id get them healthy first before wasting any Co2.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:09 AM

Could be the blurple light,

The one thing I have not been able to do is to get a cutting to take.

I finally got some seeds from Jordan and would like to take cuttings to then put them under 12/12 to see what plants are male so I can cull males early.

Also to get a female that I can reverse and make my own feminized seeds.

I have an autoflower selfing going on now that looks to be working but I am only 40days in so far,
Old 01-11-2022, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Could be the blurple light,

The one thing I have not been able to do is to get a cutting to take.

I finally got some seeds from Jordan and would like to take cuttings to then put them under 12/12 to see what plants are male so I can cull males early.

Also to get a female that I can reverse and make my own feminized seeds.

I have an autoflower selfing going on now that looks to be working but I am only 40days in so far,
How long are you waiting for roots? Some people say a few days but realistically it takes me a couple of weeks.

Old 01-11-2022, 01:30 PM

Sun burn.?These new led lights sure have some power.