Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-09-2021, 09:30 AM

True north sucks you cannot even use a credit card to pay in Canada. And their customer service is pathetic.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:44 AM

I’ve been using ACE seeds quite a bit. I’ve grown a quite few of their varieties. I’m very interested in trying some of their autos. Auto Zamaldelica or auto Malawi.

It seems Autos have come a long ways in the last decade.

I almost always make some seed when I try new varieties. I like to have a catalogue and selection of genetics.
Old 03-09-2021, 10:05 AM

Headz was recommended to me seeds plus....

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 03-09-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkslayer132 View Post
True north sucks you cannot even use a credit card to pay in Canada. And their customer service is pathetic.
I have had nothing but good luck with TNSB, the only mistake on an order I have ever had was getting a 10 seed freebie instead of a 2 seed.

Yea you can't use a credit card but buying seeds motivated me to get a Bitcoin wallet ( at the time it was only a 10% discount now it's a 25% discount).

And let's just say because I got into bitcoin over a year ago it's like I got my seeds for free and then some .

E-mail payments work as well

That said if I could run a business without giving at least 4% to use a credit card I'd do it too. As a consumer, I want to go back to the old days where you could get a discount by paying cash.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:08 PM

I don't find it that big of a deal having to e transfer money for purchasing things. I buy lots of hash and distillates from the chronic store and that's the payment they prefer. I like using my credit card when I can for points, but if they don't accept it, I don't get too worked up.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:26 PM

Everyone is showing their first set of leaves except for one stubborn girl. Last night I gave them some nutes for the first time.

Sent from my BAH2-W19 using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2021, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgavey View Post
Just wondering how many members are like me who has never tried weed and has no interest in it whatsoever . Hey not knocking you guys who use, to each there own. Am I a odd ball or is there others who are like me?

Add me to the oddball list.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
Everyone is showing their first set of leaves except for one stubborn girl. Last night I gave them some nutes for the first time.

Is this coco? Seams early for food? I tried last year with my tomatoes giving food. Lol didn’t turn out well.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:31 AM
Banned

Nutrients at that stage usually have negative impact as in stunting and burning.
I don't even feed clones till there's a mess of roots protruding from the Rockwool cube, I've made 1000s of clones.

I recommend the majiuana grow bible to the news.
Everything you need to know.
Marc Emery knows best
Old 03-19-2021, 07:29 AM

Talking

You Pot Heads see this ? (said with humor)

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=396689
Old 03-19-2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post

Id been wondering if you had any of those left! I built a greenhouse from a portable shelter frame last year the tomatos were insane in there. weeds would probably do good too
I got greenhouse tarp from this guy, great service and inexpensive. the tarp is strong enough https://www.northerngreenhouse.com/ even the insane cat that lives in my yard cant claw through it

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich

Last edited by WayneChristie; 03-19-2021 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-19-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Id been wondering if you had any of those left! I built a greenhouse from a portable shelter frame last year the tomatos were insane in there. weeds would probably do good too
I got greenhouse tarp from this guy, great service and inexpensive. the tarp is strong enough https://www.northerngreenhouse.com/ even the insane cat that lives in my yard cant claw through it
I made a green house for the wife out of one of those garage things. 20' x 12'. Used heavy plastic over it.
Soil was already good, but added soil from the compost & she had a HUGE Jungle of Tomatoes ! Ended up tossing more than she used.
Slugs moved in though, so we are spreading coffee grounds over the winter. Supposed to work ? We shall see.
Old 03-19-2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post

I actually did see that. Had me wondering about a big scale operation lol. Too bad we are only allowed 4 small-medium plants.

But then that got me thinking... we have a house with a developed basement, with separate mailing address, rental townhouse, and farmhouse on small acreage. So that is 4 separate residences. Can I grow 16 plants now? And just conveniently keep them in the same big greenhouse?? Probably not that would be too easy !
Old 03-21-2021, 11:49 AM

The runt of the litter has decided to beef up a little bit. I'm looking at picking up a grow tent. There's a few on kijiji but for a few $ more I think I'll buy new. I ordered a few components to start an automatic watering system, and automatic draining system.

Old 03-21-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulrich View Post
I did the diy wood box, but unless you need/want the stealth (a wood one looks like furniture) you will be better off with a tent they are cheaper( at least used) and purpose-built.

this is my current crop
Nice looking girls!

Old 03-21-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkslayer132 View Post
Figure out your size and use a tent there are many sizes. I use a 5X5 and it can be a little small at times. I have three lights and a exhaust fan hanging off the roof of mine so they support lots of weight.
I measured on my floor and 5x5 looks pretty big. 6x6 looks like it would be huge for four plants. I guess with fans and stuff it would fill up fast tho.

Old 03-22-2021, 09:25 AM

A 4x4 is just fine for 4 plants you don't have to veg too long to fill the space. and remember you have to light the space right to the corners to get full yield. a 4x4 is 16sqft where a 5x5 is 25 so using the 35 watts draw from the wall per foot as a light estimate you are looking at 560 watts vs 875 watts. With a 4 plant limit, I am not sure a 5x5 will yield more over the year than the 4x4 since you will need to veg so much longer to fill out the grow space.

But that is a pure guess.

With the 4 plant limit, there is a strong argument for 2 2x4 A veg tent and a flower tent, so you harvest 2 plants every 2 months vs 4 plants every 4 months
Old 03-22-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulrich View Post
A 4x4 is just fine for 4 plants you don't have to veg too long to fill the space. and remember you have to light the space right to the corners to get full yield. a 4x4 is 16sqft where a 5x5 is 25 so using the 35 watts draw from the wall per foot as a light estimate you are looking at 560 watts vs 875 watts. With a 4 plant limit, I am not sure a 5x5 will yield more over the year than the 4x4 since you will need to veg so much longer to fill out the grow space.

But that is a pure guess.

With the 4 plant limit, there is a strong argument for 2 2x4 A veg tent and a flower tent, so you harvest 2 plants every 2 months vs 4 plants every 4 months
You have that wrong i use a 5X5 and it is too small for 4 plants of any reasonable size if i could get 6X6 i would change up but they don't make that size. Remember you have a fan or two in tent and exhaust fan set up. Why grow small plants it's a waste of time and money. I get at least a pound per plant with three month turn over. You will need at least 2 lights in any size tent to make sure you get every bit covered. I would suggest a fresh air input fan also to keep more airflow. I grow in Coco/perlite with AN nutes and hand water twice a day
Old 03-22-2021, 11:45 AM

And I use a 3 x 3 for a single plant. My fav variety takes a bit longer to mature and in that time it’s clippings are super cropped into a flat horizontal canopy. I use clay pellets, irrigated with a pump and timer. My light canopy is 16 fluorescents bulbs, inches off the canopy, on timer. Tube style blowers mix cool ground air with canopy air, with a separate axial fan to balance for stench exhaust. Lamp heat is not an issue. My ‘tent’ is two layers of reflective plastic wrapped around the perimeter of the canopy. 5 gal bucket, plant, and canopy stand under 4’ tall. I stack one over another in a rack that allows canopy height adjustment. Everything runs on an ESP32 micro so I can change settings from my phone. Needless to say that some close friends and I don’t buy pot anymore. Goodbye burnout from what we thought was good pot all those years.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:29 PM

I stand corrected.

For me, it was space and budget constraints. At least for the initial grow setup.

I just harvested 1 auto out of a 2x2 4 oz of trimmed bud, and almost that much in trim. If it was just me and SWMBO that is just about 6 months of supply a pound of bud would last Us a year or 2. Mind you I have plenty of folks to share with .

The trim by itself translates to about 600 10-15 mg caramels

That whole rig cost me $350 light, tent, fans, and a carbon filter

Ironically I look at some of those tall plants you see on youtube and there is 18" of bare stem before you hit the canopy. To me I see 12" of wasted time.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:46 PM

I toss trim, but keep the kief from the snips. First time I tried it, had to hang on to the table for almost an hour. Now I ration.
Old 03-22-2021, 01:29 PM

I wouldn’t say you stand corrected aulrich. Just a different method and likely variety.

I suspect if you grew some 3/4 or more sativas you would see how that 12 inches of wasted time comes about.

Stretching 4-5 times it’s height through the flip. You can get good penetration through that much canopy so I trim it off.

Neville’s haze and some of the other hazes are good examples.

Flowering 14-16 weeks with light airy open buds. But so worth the wait.

My opinion is the total square footage is just as important as the total lit square footage. It’s nice to have access to all sides if you can.

Ps. If someone has pure Neville’s Haze I might have some interesting trades. I regret not keeping it pure and crossing it instead .
Old 03-22-2021, 09:35 PM

I'm going to look at a 5x5 tent. I have a 6x6' area available so this will fit nicely.

Soon I'll have to shop for new lights. Mine is nowhere big enough.

Old 03-23-2021, 10:00 AM

I was worried about stretch with this "Durban Poison" I wanted to train it right to the corners but I had figured I had run out of height(a 2x2x4 is not the optimal grow space for a Sativa).

The procedure probably has lots to do with it I typically let my plants get to 7 nodes and top between 4 and 5. Then train them out as far past the pot edge as I can manage and keeping it as flat as possible. Get 3-4 nodes on most of the tops then flip. So I guess since I am splitting the stretch between 6 tops it's not as dramatic.

I have not grown a haze variant yet I will have to give it a try after my landrace kick is over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post
I wouldn’t say you stand corrected aulrich. Just a different method and likely variety.

I suspect if you grew some 3/4 or more sativas you would see how that 12 inches of wasted time comes about.

Stretching 4-5 times it’s height through the flip. You can get good penetration through that much canopy so I trim it off.

Neville’s haze and some of the other hazes are good examples.

Flowering 14-16 weeks with light airy open buds. But so worth the wait.

My opinion is the total square footage is just as important as the total lit square footage. It’s nice to have access to all sides if you can.

Ps. If someone has pure Neville’s Haze I might have some interesting trades. I regret not keeping it pure and crossing it instead .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3065.JPG (167.4 KB, 40 views)
Old 03-23-2021, 11:52 AM

Very nice Aulrich! Durban is on my list of varieties I’d like to try.

I’ve been on a haze/sativa kick lately. My last grow was Malawi. The end result was harder to judge because I pollinated the whole works lol.
Old 03-23-2021, 12:09 PM

Very nice Aulrich! Durban is on my list of varieties I’d like to try.

I’ve been on a haze/sativa kick lately. My last grow was Malawi. The end result was harder to judge because I pollinated the whole works lol.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:59 PM

Guess I'll have to start taking gardening more seriously. Gonna need a bigger greenhouse next time. Three plants sure grow good in black loam dirt with just rain water and sunlight. (kidding. Wish it was my greenhouse)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buddy.jpg (80.9 KB, 40 views)
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 03-23-2021, 05:19 PM

Hello;
I am growing my 2nd crop this year ..
I start from seed and will move the plants out to my small Greenhouse. About May 10th ish .Mother Plant is Blue Cheese from an Amsterdam Bank..I will be cloning in the next week and think I have the Propagation thing down..
Keep the best 8 and move forward with them..Down to 4 at home..
I live in Calgary and am looking for advice on Nutrients..
I used QuickGrow Nutes last year and had good success.
The shop on Edmonton Trail is small and stocked with piles of gear etc.
I have visited 2 other Grow stores in Calgary and am surprised at the differing advice and hugely varying prices and requirements ..
I really shouldn't have to add $200 to feed 4 plants(In Airpots 7 Gallon Coco Perlite).. thru our season..
Any advice on how to move forward is greatly appreciated..
Old 03-23-2021, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfs View Post
Hello;
I am growing my 2nd crop this year ..
I start from seed and will move the plants out to my small Greenhouse. About May 10th ish .Mother Plant is Blue Cheese from an Amsterdam Bank..I will be cloning in the next week and think I have the Propagation thing down..
Keep the best 8 and move forward with them..Down to 4 at home..
I live in Calgary and am looking for advice on Nutrients..
I used QuickGrow Nutes last year and had good success.
The shop on Edmonton Trail is small and stocked with piles of gear etc.
I have visited 2 other Grow stores in Calgary and am surprised at the differing advice and hugely varying prices and requirements ..
I really shouldn't have to add $200 to feed 4 plants(In Airpots 7 Gallon Coco Perlite).. thru our season..
Any advice on how to move forward is greatly appreciated..
Quick Grow has the powdered version of the same stuff you used.A little cheaper since your not paying for water.Easy to mix,Calgary tap water works well just add a little epsom for Mg.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:53 PM

I like using Gaia Green slow-release organics especially outside where you can get enough rain that it gets hard to give a feeding. But I do also have calmag and mega mass 3 part salt based, because some girls do get hungry and a little supplement can go a long way.

I tend to keep it simple, but of decent quality.

for those who do photoperiods outside do you do light deprivation or heat a greenhouse to finish your plants