Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Find yourself a 75+ year old widow with lotsa money and no kids to contest the will.
Kinda recall one of the "Dumb and Dumber" movies with Jim Carrey...

When he's a room with this old horny lady, and they show a dry turkey sequence...ouch!

So OP...your call it buddy!...
Old 10-19-2021, 08:57 PM

You're saying newly single. I'm a very social guy & I just didn't date for quite a while after my divorce. Just needed enough time to get my head straight.

And get rid of as much baggage as possible........ Best of luck!
Old 10-19-2021, 09:39 PM

Damn this is an entertaining thread.
Old 10-19-2021, 10:00 PM

Pretty hard for an old bugger like me whose been married for 31 years to give advice but I think if I were newly single I would wait until after hunting season was over and then maybe look at renting for awhile. You don’t have to lay out the capital out front and in this day and age there is a huge selection. Hard tops are ok but you probably want to stay away from convertibles. Myself I’d probably look at some of the bigger models, plusher ride and more interior room. Better deals on the larger models as well cause everyone else likes the compact sporty models.
Old 10-19-2021, 10:08 PM

You win! Post of the day right there! ^

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-19-2021, 10:12 PM

Nuff said?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9665B201-50AF-4A17-89F4-B30DC7983C53.jpg (37.2 KB, 280 views)
Old 10-20-2021, 04:53 AM

Default And

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperdodge View Post
A rule without exception: Stay away from the cat ladies....
Red Heads
Old 10-20-2021, 05:15 AM

Default stay single

I've been divorced for about 5 years. Marriage is not something I'd ever do again. Today the world is full of gold diggers,bi-polar psychos and those who don't play well with others. I can't afford to loose another 1/2 of everything I still own.The risk outweighs the benefits IMO.I am in debt but there is no stress when I come home from work ragging,nagging or a honey do list.I can't fathom why some with the ink barely dry on the divorce papers are already seeing someone.Like a praying mantis male being eaten alive while in the act of mating because they lack common sense and self control.I can see the prima donnas and narcissists a mile away.I am as wary as a 3 legged coyote ,the bait looks good ,smells good and probably tastes good but in the end it is still a trap.Your mileage may vary.
Old 10-20-2021, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Pretty hard for an old bugger like me whose been married for 31 years to give advice but I think if I were newly single I would wait until after hunting season was over and then maybe look at renting for awhile. You don’t have to lay out the capital out front and in this day and age there is a huge selection. Hard tops are ok but you probably want to stay away from convertibles. Myself I’d probably look at some of the bigger models, plusher ride and more interior room. Better deals on the larger models as well cause everyone else likes the compact sporty models.
You get the #1 post on this thread, it tells it all just like it is and it made me laugh I'm like you hard to give advise when I've had the same woman for 46 years

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:26 AM

Default Red Flag

When she asks you to bring your T-4 's for the last 5 years to your first date.It's a good idea to check her teeth ,as women are known to lie about their age.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:42 AM

Here is a handy reference chart that corresponds to the video Redfrog posted earlier. Probably a good idea to keep a copy close to hand.
Now, go have some fun on Tinder or that other online meating site
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hot crazy chart.jpg (59.6 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg Tinder.jpg (32.5 KB, 228 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 10-20-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
I've been divorced for about 5 years. Marriage is not something I'd ever do again. Today the world is full of gold diggers,bi-polar psychos and those who don't play well with others. I can't afford to loose another 1/2 of everything I still own.The risk outweighs the benefits IMO.I am in debt but there is no stress when I come home from work ragging,nagging or a honey do list.I can't fathom why some with the ink barely dry on the divorce papers are already seeing someone.Like a praying mantis male being eaten alive while in the act of mating because they lack common sense and self control.I can see the prima donnas and narcissists a mile away.I am as wary as a 3 legged coyote ,the bait looks good ,smells good and probably tastes good but in the end it is still a trap.Your mileage may vary.
Excellent post , my thoughts exactly,
Old 10-20-2021, 08:59 AM

Default Dating

Guys, you have to realize their is the same price for each night in the sack. Ladies of street have price up front. When dating by time you pay for the fancy dinner, wine etc cost is same, (If you get lucky)
Then when you marry them, by time you pay for the houses, dresses, vacations, divorce etc still costs about same amount for each lucky sack time. Only advantage when dating, they usually do not get a headache.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:44 AM

Online dating. Mitigate your risk by writing a great profile. Be clear and honest about what you are looking for. Don't be afraid to ask for exactly what you are looking for. Helps to filter out the bottom feeders.

After my divorce I posted online with a vague profile and made the mistake of saying that I owned a business.

Within minutes I was hit up by a "sweet lady" who wanted me to pick her up in a limo and take her out to a expensive restaurant and buy her a bottle of her fave $300 wine.

Told me if I played my cards right that she might take me back to her place and show me her "Toe Cleavage" in her new $800 stilettos.
WTH
Online pics showed her in sweat pants and a stained top, drunker than a skunk drink in hand slumped in a lawn chair at night while wearing dark sunglasses. Other pic was her Hot Pink convertible PT Cruiser.

Yikes.Hard Pass.

Perhaps get a female friend to write your profile if talking yourself up is not in your wheelhouse.
A good profile gives you your best chance of reasonable success and less heartache.

Last edited by omega50; 10-20-2021 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:45 AM

If you are charming and good looking. Date.
If your rich. Date
If your ugly, broke, not charming. Marry the first one that will.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
If you are charming and good looking. Date.
If your rich. Date
If your ugly, broke, not charming. Marry the first one that will.
If living in PG settle for any girl with a full set of teeth
Old 10-20-2021, 10:11 AM

Get on the pof and tinder , look for the red hair in the mid 30's keep the texts short offer to meet up for a beer in order to meet 😉 if they still want to text first block them if they want to meet up great!! . Thank me later .
Old 10-20-2021, 11:43 AM

On dating sites/tinder, in the profile write that you're bad for them, and they should swipe left. Say you're looking for fit friendly girls that like getting pinned against the wall to be made out with, and being choked in bed. Also be sure to say that you're looking for fun, and you're not looking for a relationship right now, but you're open to it if it should the right one comes along.

Girls that are looking to hook up care more about attitude and consistency of that attitude than anything else. So, if you get a match, don't start with "how's your day?"

You also don't need to say anything about yourself in the profile. Just get a friend to help you with a few good pics. Girls that are into you will come over within 20 messages and don't require you giving them anything to hook up.

When you're out and about, watch girls' eyes. If they look at your crotch, they're thinking about sex with you. Doesn't matter where they are. Grocery store is a great place to look for that.

Do not do relationship things with a girl you only want fwb with. When she asks for a relationship, she'll get really mad and feel that you've lead her on. Only smash, and if you go out, split the bill. Don't spend time cuddling.

Last edited by amosfella; 10-20-2021 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:32 PM

If you want to date and have fun go on POF or Tinder.
When you've had enough of that and you're ready to step it up a notch use one of the sites that charges a bit for membership. The hose bag ratio on the pay sites is much lower. Good luck.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:59 PM

Best dating advice I ever got after being newly single.
If you are thinking about getting married again, just save everybody a lot of time and find somebody you hate and buy them a house.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:07 PM

Wow this is interesting.
I was one of the dumb ones and married young to a girl who I spent weekends partying with.I found out early monday mornings were a whole different story.

stayed single for three years upgraded my education found a good job and career then married a girl I had been dating for 2 years. Just celebrated our 40th last month.
Good luck
Old 10-20-2021, 04:59 PM

Exclamation It's not all fun and games on dating apps

Swipe left when you see one like this:
https://regina.ctvnews.ca/regina-wom...-app-1.5631313

Quote:
Regina woman charged after police allege she kidnapped man she met on dating app

A Regina woman is facing multiple charges after police say she allegedly drugged, kidnapped, assaulted and robbed a man she met on a dating app.

According to a release from the Regina Police Service, a 34-year-old man was messaging a 30-year-old woman on a dating app when they decided to get together in person on Oct. 9.

Police say the victim then found himself in an unfamiliar house with a group of people he did not know. The man was allegedly kidnapped, assaulted and robbed before he was forced to take drugs.

The group of suspects took the man back to his home, but police say they left with his car, some electronic equipment and other items.

The man reported the events to police and one of the suspects was identified following investigation. RPS says the 30-year-old woman was arrested on Sunday around the 1400 block of Argyle Street.

The woman is charged with robbery, assault with a weapon (pellet gun), administering noxious things (drugs), kidnapping and extortion.

She was scheduled to make her first court appearance Monday morning.
More details and background story in the CBC article:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...gary-1.6218405

Be careful out there.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 10-20-2021, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
Well separation has gone through. Luckily every went quick and civil.

What do you guy suggest for a single 40 year old guy looking for companionship which would slowly lead to a relationship?

Young guys at work want me to get a Tinder account ....oh how times has changed. Especially with Covid.

Looking to slowly dip back into it in the Red Deer area.
Get a dog. Forget women their evil.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 10-20-2021, 06:04 PM

My neighbour’s ex is lookin. I can get her number if you’re interested .
She likes sunbathing and long walks on the beach .

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-20-2021, 06:54 PM

Quote:

[IMG][/IMG]
Look how she handles that cigar
Old 10-20-2021, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
Look how she handles that cigar
X2 Looks like George Burns(RIP) in drag
Old 10-20-2021, 07:59 PM

Quote:

[IMG][/IMG]
Judging by the cigar and frailness she definitely isn't into long walks, unless she's got the walker with the seat and youre pushing
Old 10-21-2021, 08:59 AM

Guys - she's got a wedding ring!

She's taken - keep lookin' haha
Old 10-21-2021, 10:03 AM

Holy fak!

Another sleepless night...thanx!...
Old 10-21-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I'd take some time to reflect, get a dog.
Yup .... A dog and a bird gun are in order. Go chase some grouse.