Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-06-2007, 07:21 PM
dodger

Default Sorry leathalconnection and kyle

Sorry that i never saw your messages to me regarding Travers. Same answer for both should do. Driving the S.W. shoreline is not on private land it is in fact crown land. Stay on the very edge of ice and do not cut across the bays. The ice on that shore is very inconsistent and have seen 5" to 24" in a matter of 10 yards. Some of the bays the water is 40" deep so it is a little warmer so it freezes last plus the Geese keep it open well into the winter. Try the third bay down as there is a weed bed in the middle and there is a drop off into a 50' deep pool. The 12' area is bordering the drop off. I do not bother fishing the deep pool because the fish come up dead or badly hurt. Early morn or if you have time get set up in late afternoon and fish well into dark. The Pike are good till dark and then the Ling can sometimes get crazy in there. GOOD LUCK
Old 02-06-2007, 08:41 PM
lethalconnection

Default Re: Sorry leathalconnection and kyle

Hey thanks for the info dodger, was thinkin about heading out last weekend but got held up with other things, not sure if im gonna beable to make it out there but im hopin too thanks again.