Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-05-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappy View Post

Vehicles are so well insulated these days that you can't hear sounds outside. Especially with music playing.
Did you look at the photo of the damage to the car?

Edit:
Here's a screenshot. I won't post a pic of the hurt dog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car.JPG (63.4 KB, 100 views)
Old 07-05-2017, 10:09 AM

I didn't see it so thanks for attaching it. All I can say is don't underestimate the stupidity of people not noticing things while they're driving. I'll wait to hear what the courts verdict is.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
It sounds like an accident and they only killed their own dog. Not much of a crime if you ask me.

OHHHHHHHHHHH COMMMMM ONNNNNNNNNNN MANNNNNNNN

HOW about we drag you down the paved hi-way , then tell us theres no crime.
Also the jerk who agrees with you , we,ll tie you both togeather
Old 07-05-2017, 10:25 AM

This is disgusting
Old 07-05-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Why would they want to intentionally torture their dog? There are easier ways to kill or get rid of a dog.

Vehicles are so well insulated these days that you can't hear sounds outside. Especially with music playing.

No damage was done other than to their own property. Next we'll be charged for cutting down trees on our own property (or at least carbon taxed for it).
I guess one could take that attitude if dogs were just thought of as property?
Pets, including dogs are living creatures that many people include in their lives.
In addition to food and clean water most people think they deserve respect and at a minimum a protected and safe environment.

I am of the opinion that some people should not have children or pets.

This incident was probably an accident, but a very careless accident.

This accident in no way should be compared to cutting down trees on your own property.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:21 PM

She should get 10 mil, she's the real victim.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
She claims did not know dog was there as told kids to tie dog up and left to get gas. Unfortunately I guess when she discovered the dog instead of taking it to the vet she left it tied to the vehicle and left the area.? Other people took the dog to vet but it was too far gone. Not clear why she didn't take dog to vet and put it down humanely if she truly cared about the dog.
And I heard her crying on Ched that it was her boyfriend who tied the dog up without telling her. Makes no matter as the dog payed the price for their mistake but something seems fishy in their story. Who would leave their car abandoned in a field with the dog still alive and tied up?

Now stuff happens, my first boss had a huge German Shep. It was in the box of his truck and tied in but the rope was long enough and he bounced/jumped out. He got drug for a ways down a gravel road but survived with cuts and bruising.

I could believe her story right up until the abandoned car and dog, with that kind of damage, how do you not know something is wrong.

If it went down as she describes, terrible accident and why the charges for a mistake? I have a feeling there is more to the story because of the abandoned car. Poor pooch, must have been terrified beyond imagination.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:55 PM

If it wasn't intentional ( thinking it was because of how the car was left)...do people ever use mirrors? or perhaps do a walk around their vehicle ever? I know I do! I always walk around my truck to make sure there are no animals, children or drunks... Not to mention checking if someone stole my damn plate or stickers! To be honest...I can't think of a time I ever tied any dog I ever had up to a truck, family rides shotgun end of story!
Old 07-05-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
She should get 10 mil, she's the real victim.
Oh! Bazzzinga! That is a very sharp take on current events right there!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-05-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
And I heard her crying on Ched that it was her boyfriend who tied the dog up without telling her. Makes no matter as the dog payed the price for their mistake but something seems fishy in their story. Who would leave their car abandoned in a field with the dog still alive and tied up?

Now stuff happens, my first boss had a huge German Shep. It was in the box of his truck and tied in but the rope was long enough and he bounced/jumped out. He got drug for a ways down a gravel road but survived with cuts and bruising.

I could believe her story right up until the abandoned car and dog, with that kind of damage, how do you not know something is wrong.

If it went down as she describes, terrible accident and why the charges for a mistake? I have a feeling there is more to the story because of the abandoned car. Poor pooch, must have been terrified beyond imagination.
thing that struck me, no license plate on the car .

Grizz
Old 07-05-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:

I know there has been a few others chime in and say they or they know someone who has done this by accident and not heard anything. This is hard to talk about still,we ran over a dog a few years ago in a newer model dodge with a pipe pulling a horse trailer on a gravel road had the radio on as well and we still heard the dog yipe when we hit it.I am sure it happens but looking at the damage to the car she was driving plus the damage to the poor dog I just don't buy it in this case.Also yes she never once looked in her mirrors,and then to chicken ^&%$ to take the dog to the vet,and she did not want to watch it die ........I can't say what I am thinking right now.Lets go out on a huge limb right now and say even if it was an accident the fact that she never went and got help for this poor dog after says everything,and in fact if you look the poor dog is still tied to the door handle on the car.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro View Post
I know there has been a few others chime in and say they or they know someone who has done this by accident and not heard anything. This is hard to talk about still,we ran over a dog a few years ago in a newer model dodge with a pipe pulling a horse trailer on a gravel road had the radio on as well and we still heard the dog yipe when we hit it.I am sure it happens but looking at the damage to the car she was driving plus the damage to the poor dog I just don't buy it in this case.Also yes she never once looked in her mirrors,and then to chicken ^&%$ to take the dog to the vet,and she did not want to watch it die ........I can't say what I am thinking right now.Lets go out on a huge limb right now and say even if it was an accident the fact that she never went and got help for this poor dog after says everything,and in fact if you look the poor dog is still tied to the door handle on the car.
Ever see the Chevy chase movie Vacation ?

Grizz
Old 07-05-2017, 05:52 PM

What an idiot. I saw a newer black chevy with a huge 5th wheel in Olds on Monday with 2 dogs in the bed of the truck, 1 of the dogs jumped out of the back while they were driving through an intersection and it was a mad scramble to try and get the dog. Some people should not be allowed out of their houses...
Old 07-05-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
thing that struck me, no license plate on the car .

Grizz
yes a licence plate in window...but bluured out by the poster....
Old 07-05-2017, 07:52 PM

When i was 10 i got a dog. Went to the store for a slurpee and forgot i tied it up outside 7-11. Got halfway home before i realized it. The look he had was horrible when i came running back. Cant imagine the look on that dogs face
Old 07-05-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro View Post
You are right, nitro. It says everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Ever see the Chevy chase movie Vacation ?

Grizz
Just STOP. Rather than say something like that, say NOTHING!

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 07-05-2017, 09:31 PM

It makes my stomach feel sick just thinking about that poor dog.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskinner View Post
OHHHHHHHHHHH COMMMMM ONNNNNNNNNNN MANNNNNNNN

HOW about we drag you down the paved hi-way , then tell us theres no crime.
Also the jerk who agrees with you , we,ll tie you both togeather
Sounds personal to me some should be banned.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Actually, X2.
Tool.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
Tool.
Tool receiver.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
Sounds personal to me some should be banned.
You were the one in class that told on everyone to the teacher weren't you?
Old 07-06-2017, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
I guess one could take that attitude if dogs were just thought of as property?
Pets, including dogs are living creatures that many people include in their lives.
In addition to food and clean water most people think they deserve respect and at a minimum a protected and safe environment.

I am of the opinion that some people should not have children or pets.

This incident was probably an accident, but a very careless accident.

This accident in no way should be compared to cutting down trees on your own property.
Trees are also living creatures that many people think deserve respect and a protected and safe environment, so it's a good comparison. There are some people who would be happy to get you thrown in prison if you cut down a tree. That is a fact.

What this all boils down to is the question of individual freedom vs. government control. Should we be allowed to kill our dog? To cut down our tree? To swat our mosquito? Society has to draw the line somewhere. Centuries ago when North America was pioneered the line was drawn much nearer to individual freedom and it's gradually creeping towards the opposite: communism, big brother control, neighbors watching and reporting each other.

My grandparent's generation would not have cared if their neighbor killed his dog (let alone if it was an accident). I feel more similar to that generation than to the modern generation which is eager to call the police for any reason they can.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:24 AM

It probably touches a nerve more with hunters than many other folks. We kill when we hunt successfully, but we don't want to make an animal suffer so we take pride in our marksmanship and we kill as humanely as possible.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly View Post
Just STOP. Rather than say something like that, say NOTHING!
Oh simmer down. Your moral indgnation is over the top.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 07-06-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Trees are also living creatures that many people think deserve respect and a protected and safe environment, so it's a good comparison. There are some people who would be happy to get you thrown in prison if you cut down a tree. That is a fact.

What this all boils down to is the question of individual freedom vs. government control. Should we be allowed to kill our dog? To cut down our tree? To swat our mosquito? Society has to draw the line somewhere. Centuries ago when North America was pioneered the line was drawn much nearer to individual freedom and it's gradually creeping towards the opposite: communism, big brother control, neighbors watching and reporting each other.

My grandparent's generation would not have cared if their neighbor killed his dog (let alone if it was an accident). I feel more similar to that generation than to the modern generation which is eager to call the police for any reason they can.
Trees are not creatures! Do you feel pets are property to kill as we please? How about method of killing? Is cruelty allowed in your type of freedom? I think we are getting slowly past your grandparents idea that animals don't deserve compassion.

Until he extends his compassion to all living things man himself will not find peace. Dr Albert Schweitzer. Nobel peace prize laureate.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
Trees are not creatures! Do you feel pets are property to kill as we please? How about method of killing? Is cruelty allowed in your type of freedom? I think we are getting slowly past your grandparents idea that animals don't deserve compassion.

Until he extends his compassion to all living things man himself will not find peace. Dr Albert Schweitzer. Nobel peace prize laureate.
Yes, trees are living creatures.

At the rate we're going and in the direction we're going, I wouldn't be surprised if my grandchildren's generation felt similarly about cutting down trees as we currently feel about dogs. Or maybe it will be legal but you'll need a carbon permit for each tree.

Our civilization will die of its compassion. It's not healthy. It's not my religion/philosophy.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:35 AM

Flappy is a troll trying to get a rise out of everybody.

Signs up in June and starts an argument in pretty much every thread he responds too.

If he thinks plants/trees/grass are the same as dogs/cats/animals then clearly there is something not quite right...
Old 07-06-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Yes, trees are living creatures.

At the rate we're going and in the direction we're going, I wouldn't be surprised if my grandchildren's generation felt similarly about cutting down trees as we currently feel about dogs. Or maybe it will be legal but you'll need a carbon permit for each tree.

Our civilization will die of its compassion. It's not healthy. It's not my religion/philosophy.
Yes trees are alive but they are not animals which for the most part is how creature is defined.

How can compassion be a bad thing?

I guess, your religion/philosophy is different than mine.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:

Seriously man,

How many times can you get banned from here, before you realize you should get a life?
Old 07-06-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
You were the one in class that told on everyone to the teacher weren't you?
Now that's getting personal. May God Bless you too.