Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-01-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceburg View Post
I hope UFC doesn't start to lose some of the integrity. Is Jones calling out lesnar cuz he sees the hype mayweather/Conor is getting n he sees a big payday too? I think Dana stated when they bought Pride there'd be no more 'novelty' matches-
It looked like Dana was mad n yelling at dc right after the fight also, wonder what that was about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UFC starting to lose some integrity? LOL, that ship sailed a while ago...

Bringing in Lesnar and arranging it so he didn't have to be drug tested before the fight. Then he tests positive after the fight(as expected)...

Conor Mcgregor the greatest 2 weight champion of all time even though he has never even attempted to defend a title...

The number of times fighters have been given unwarranted title shots or other big fights. Latest of which rumoured to be GSP fighting Bisping at MW...

The UFC lost its credibility as a sport a few years ago and that is why I stopped watching it for the most part.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post

Bringing in Lesnar and arranging it so he didn't have to be drug tested before the fight. Then he tests positive after the fight(as expected)...

Conor Mcgregor the greatest 2 weight champion of all time even though he has never even attempted to defend a title...

The number of times fighters have been given unwarranted title shots or other big fights. Latest of which rumoured to be GSP fighting Bisping at MW...

The UFC lost its credibility as a sport a few years ago and that is why I stopped watching it for the most part.

Lost its credibility? Ok. I'm glad boxing never lost it's credibility.......
Old 08-01-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post

You forgot about CM Punk and Kimbo Slice not to mention that Bisbing has not real defended his belt since he won it all he does is duck opponents then goes out with an injury. So what happened to the interm fight for the welterweight title that didnt happen because he would have had to fight that winner to reunite the titles UFC has been losing credibility since 2001 when Dana White came on board they might as well got Vince McMahon I got to where i pick and choose the fights i watch. I get more enjoyment out of Bellator.

Mack

Mack

Last edited by Mackinaw; 08-01-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
He steps out of the ARENA with the championship belt an average pay day for a professional fighter standard, and any skank he wants thats the kind a loser i want to be..

And peter power or not he still beat the man no one else could

Mack
I fixed it for you.

He does coke, he uses performance enhancing drugs to compete at a professional level, has been banned from the UFC twice and has the couth of a pro wrestler.

I can see how that's a real champ in some people's eyes, but that's far from what I consider a champion.

There have been many great champions in the UFC, JJ is just a good fighter IMO.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I fixed it for you.

He does coke, he uses performance enhancing drugs to compete at a professional level, has been banned from the UFC twice and has the couth of a pro wrestler.

I can see how that's a real champ in some people's eyes, but that's far from what I consider a champion.

There have been many great champions in the UFC, JJ is just a good fighter IMO.
Yes he was suspended as many ufc fighters have been over the years.
Perhaps you should look up the word champion you might just find out what it means.
And saying jones is just a good fighter shows you know very little about the sport.
But thats ok you have or opinion im sure it is not hurting jones feelings..😊

Mack
Old 08-01-2017, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yes he was suspended as many ufc fighters have been over the years.
Perhaps you should look up the word champion you might just find out what it means.
And saying jones is just a good fighter shows you know very little about the sport.
But thats ok you have or opinion im sure it is not hurting jones feelings..😊

Mack
Lol, you got a little bit on your lip still, I'm sure Jon doesn't mind though

You know who gets suspended from the UFC? Cheaters. Maybe you should look that up.

Jon is just a good fighter, he is a poor example of a champion.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:

You know who gets suspended from the UFC? Cheaters. Maybe you should look that up.

Just your opinion and like a butt hole everyone has one .
And some stink

Mack
Old 08-01-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:

I say let er buck like the Pride days. Discussed this with Gary Goodridge once. Right in there Pride contracts it stated "Competitors will not be tested for PED's"

USADA only came into the UFC scene recently. Pretty much all UFC fighters were juiced before. Let er buck i say. Im a little biased though....
Old 08-01-2017, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Just your opinion and like a butt hole everyone has one .
And some stink

Mack
Alas! We have come to common ground.

Regardless of who has the belt, I'm just glad we have the UFC. If both boxing and pro wrestling were to come to an end today, the only downside I can see is the price of ppv would most likely go up.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
I say let er buck like the Pride days. Discussed this with Gary Goodridge once. Right in there Pride contracts it stated "Competitors will not be tested for PED's"

USADA only came into the UFC scene recently. Pretty much all UFC fighters were juiced before. Let er buck i say. Im a little biased though....
No, not all of them.

That's all fine and dandy if everyone wanted to use enhancement drugs, but there are athletes who don't want to put drugs into there body. That's the difference between Pride and the UFC.

What ever happened to Gary Goodridge?
Old 08-01-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
No, not all of them.

That's all fine and dandy if everyone wanted to use enhancement drugs, but there are athletes who don't want to put drugs into there body. That's the difference between Pride and the UFC.

What ever happened to Gary Goodridge?
Lives in Barrie Ontario. Gary is dealing with some brain injuries stemming from too many punches to his melon..