Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-19-2011, 06:42 PM

Default grassy/sherburne

was wondering if anyone knows if I can get on Grassy hoping to go out friday morning
Old 01-19-2011, 06:50 PM

Default grassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 192 whitey View Post
was wondering if anyone knows if I can get on Grassy hoping to go out friday morning
someone posted last week that they had plowed out access at boat launch. might not be to bad with 4x4. i was at rattlesnake today and access was ok but if we get any more snow it will be skidoo material for sure. we were pushing 10-12" snow over lake and way deeper were its drifted, you have to pick your spots for sure.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:04 PM

any luck at rattlesnake?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:17 PM

west end was good to go, but with the 80km winds there talking for tomorow might change things a little!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:18 PM

I was at grassy yesterday and the bite was terrible but there were trucks driving on.

Nate
Old 01-19-2011, 08:21 PM

Where did you get access to rattlesnake at? Did you go through the campground or is there a way on at the west end?
Old 01-20-2011, 07:31 PM

There was bad blowing and drifting snow out there Thur. It will be blown in at the texasgate and it is hard to see the drifts.Might be able to get through there Fri. to plow it out.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:23 AM

[QUOTE=Dago;807465]There was bad blowing and drifting snow out there Thur. It will be blown in at the texasgate and it is hard to see the drifts.Might be able to get through there Fri. to plow it out.[/QUOTE Well I going to head out and try if you do go there and see a dark green z71 stuck that would be me thanks for the info maybe get to meet you.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:55 PM

I,m all set to go saturday. But now I see a heavy snow fall warning for the Hat tonight but not Lethbridge. Any updates would be appreciated.
And to Dago - thanks for plowing the road
Old 01-22-2011, 10:01 AM

Default Thanks Dago

Thanks for plowing the trail in. My girl and I walked out after you were finished, the bite was hot we kept 20 9-12 inchers. Got back to the Hat a few vodka and cokes perch and fries all good. Bit of a headache so not going back today but definitely tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:04 PM

Default Shurburne

If anyone was out on Sat Jan22 would you post and let me know if you can get on the ice. Going out Sun morning and wonder how many shovels and young fellas to take
Old 01-22-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perchfisher View Post
If anyone was out on Sat Jan22 would you post and let me know if you can get on the ice. Going out Sun morning and wonder how many shovels and young fellas to take
i too am heading out to grassy in morning. hopefully can get on ice
Old 01-22-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
any luck at rattlesnake?
sorry for late post. caught 6 pike between 3 of us. many more on camera. and 100's of perch on cam also, but wasn't targeting them
Old 01-22-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perchfisher View Post
am going in the morning also, walked on yesterday from the launch, couple guys tried to get on but didn't quit make it, bunch of guys could maybe shovel it though.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:13 AM

Fished just out from the boat launch today, drove out in my 4x4 with no problems. Kind of wierd though, lots of low spots with about 2-3" of water covered by a skim on ice so you would be driving along high & dry then crunching through some ice & water! A little un-nerving but there was lots of ice so I had no issues. There is some kind of natural "berm" right where you drive onto the lake from the launch but going slow in 4wheel was no problem whatsoever. Found lots of perch mostly in @ 35-40ft but it took a lot of work to get them to commit to the baits, took me 5 hrs to get 13 of the buggers lol. Got a few nice ones but most in the 7-9" range. Cutting across country from HWY#3 to the lake (on the gravel) was a little dicey this morning but again taking it slow & easy presented no problems.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikester View Post
Fished just out from the boat launch today, drove out in my 4x4 with no problems. Kind of wierd though, lots of low spots with about 2-3" of water covered by a skim on ice so you would be driving along high & dry then crunching through some ice & water! A little un-nerving but there was lots of ice so I had no issues. There is some kind of natural "berm" right where you drive onto the lake from the launch but going slow in 4wheel was no problem whatsoever. Found lots of perch mostly in @ 35-40ft but it took a lot of work to get them to commit to the baits, took me 5 hrs to get 13 of the buggers lol. Got a few nice ones but most in the 7-9" range. Cutting across country from HWY#3 to the lake (on the gravel) was a little dicey this morning but again taking it slow & easy presented no problems.
That "berm" is chunk of concrete from the launch heaved up from the frost the guys that tried to get through on friday said they got some airtime off it
Old 01-23-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
That "berm" is chunk of concrete from the launch heaved up from the frost the guys that tried to get through on friday said they got some airtime off it
Ahh, that's what it is. It must have been blown in with snow so no one could see it on Friday because it was pretty clear to see on Saturday. Like I said, crawling over it slowly was no problem, didn't even rattle my auger