Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-09-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Predator Camo Pattern

I am looking to buy some Predator Camo but am unsure of the pattern I should get. I will be hunting mainly in the rockies and on the prairie and was thinking fall brown. What do you guys think?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:05 PM

Fall Brown is an excellent choice. One of my favorites is still the Evolution, I love the acorns in it, and it really blends in well with a variety of backgrounds. Another great pattern is fall grey. Choose the one you like, it's adaptable stuff, simply put, Predator is awesome camo.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:15 PM

Did you go to Lane Archery to get it? I see on the Predator sight they stock it.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:04 AM

fall brown.

Lane Archery should have it, they have a very strong tie to the distributor
Old 10-10-2007, 03:44 PM

Hey Ryan, I am a big fan of this camo. I like the green stuff, myself, but it all works awesome. Go to their website and check out the trophy photos. You will see all flavours of their camo, in all different kinds of field shots.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Lane Archery

They are the canadian distributer, If you buy it in canada it comes through Denis
Old 10-10-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Evolution

As a past dealer,selling Predator,Skyline and Browning,the Predator out sold and stood up better then the more expensive brand's.Myself i wear Evo,and have hunted in the FtMcMurray bush,and the Sask Prairie, Duck and Goose hunting.......Blended in just as well as Wetland patterns.Fall brown would be my second choice if i were to only hunt the wood's.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:30 PM

Sure like the looks of the camo, but I never had any luck with service though. Probably a year or so ago I tried to contact them both by phone and by e-mail and never had a message returned.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:21 PM

Would you guys go with the green Evolution or the Brown Evolution?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:46 PM

Just me but I would go with the brown. Seems to blend in well this time of year. If it was earlier I would chose green. Heck, why not both.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:56 AM

I cant afford both. Trying to sack money away for a Snow Goose hunt this spring and a Chukar Hunt Fall 2008
Old 10-11-2007, 11:14 AM

Hey Ryan, If you're hunting from a tree stand then go with fall grey....if you're hunting from the ground go with fall brown. Deer don't see the same way we do so while the green might look good to us, it dosn't look the same to them.....stick with earth tones and make sure that there's lots of light colour in the pattern otherwise you tend to turn into a black blob......you also might want to consider ASAT camo....as a bowhunter I swear by it......predator or ASAT you can't go wrong...Cheers
Old 10-11-2007, 11:36 AM

Ryan,

I really like the fall gray as it seems to blend in well with everything.Phone and talk to denis and he will have your camo here within the week.He is very good to deal with and i cant say enough good things about him.

Predator Camo is no longer made in Canada,they are made in the philippines.I still buy it because i like there patterns but you can definatly tell the difference in quality.Something to think about.