Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-25-2011, 08:38 PM

Default B.C. Fishing License

Is there anywhere in Calgary that you can buy a B.C. fishing license?
Old 05-25-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnamed View Post
Welcome to the internet!
Old 05-25-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnamed View Post
When you find out how much a fishing license cost for BC, you might change your mind about fishing there (I did). We got it good in AB.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:11 AM

Totally agree with both posters above.

Buy online, quick and easy.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:58 AM

Ya, fishing sucks in BC.

It is soooo much better in Alberta.

Just stay home where you have it so good.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo View Post
When you find out how much a fishing license cost for BC, you might change your mind about fishing there (I did). We got it good in AB.
The license might be more expensive, and you might have to pay extra for each species tag/conservation stamp, but the fishing is exponentially better.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoplex View Post
The license might be more expensive, and you might have to pay extra for each species tag/conservation stamp, but the fishing is exponentially better.
With the exception of anadramous species, BS. What there is is an "exponentially" greater amount of available water.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudelpointer View Post
With the exception of anadramous species, BS. What there is is an "exponentially" greater amount of available water.
"with the exception of anadromous species"

That's the whole point, Bueller. You can't just discount it out of hand.

"With the exception of eternal life, heaven is a sh!t hole!"
"With the exception of sugar, chocolate, sprinkles, and maple syrup - donuts are garbage!"

Oh, and PS. Bass. And oceans. Sheesh. Don't get your Albertan panties in a twist.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:40 PM

I love how in BC when you want to fish a river such as the Elk, you need to pay $12 a day (it may have changed, as it has been 2 years since i've been fishing on the Elk) for a 'classified' waters license which you can only pick up from a fishing shop ontop of the regular fishing license.
Why don't we adapt this policy for our classified waters? The Bow, Crow, Livingstone, Oldman.. we could go on and on all day picking them..

Could you imagine how many visitors would stop fishing our waters as they don't want to pay the $12 per day plus license? That would mean more fish for us..

That's just my rant anyways..

Oh - and I forgot to mention.. if fishing sucks at the river... just go pay another $12 to fish somewhere else.. I couldn't imagine doing that here in Alberta.. yikes!

Last edited by TheFishHunter; 05-26-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:01 PM

Where have you been hiding for the last couple of years?! It's $20 classified surcharge for rivers such as the elk, etc.!!

P
Old 05-26-2011, 05:15 PM

For non-residents. There is no daily classified waters license requirement for residents
Old 05-26-2011, 05:20 PM

the waters that i fish in BC...are worth the extra charges...
Old 05-26-2011, 08:03 PM

Sent you a PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI-UTE View Post
Ya, fishing sucks in BC.

It is soooo much better in Alberta.

Just stay home where you have it so good.
All I meant was fishing cost less in AB thus we have it good here. I never said fishing sucked in BC or its better in AB.

Ya, economy sucks in Ab. It's soooo much better in BC. Just stay home where you have it so good.

Last edited by Lambo; 05-26-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:31 AM

If you are driving thru the Crowsnest Pass you can pick them up at the flyshop just off the highway in Bellevue.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜberFly View Post
Where have you been hiding for the last couple of years?! It's $20 classified surcharge for rivers such as the elk, etc.!!

P
Exactly. I'm saying that if Albertans are being charged $20 a day per river... BCers should be charged the same to fish our special rivers
Old 05-27-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFishHunter View Post
Exactly. I'm saying that if Albertans are being charged $20 a day per river... BCers should be charged the same to fish our special rivers
Couldn't agree with you more!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
You have a point. From what I understand the daily user fee was not so much to collect money , but to decrease pressure on the Elk ( and other rivers ) that were being loved to death. The traffic on it had increased and was continuing to go up. It has worked in that respect. User fee's do work , whether a bridge toll, water meter or daily fishing license, overall use will go down.
Money coming in to the province from Alberta and the USA is much higher from fishermen than merely the license but there comes a point when looking after the resource has to take precedence.
If you think the pressure on the Bow (and other great Alberta rivers) is getting to high with non residents then maybe a user fee is the way to go.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo View Post
We got it good in AB.
Really?? I paid less for a non-resident Manitoba license than I did for my resident Alberta License. I don't consider that good especially with our pitiful trout fisheries. Just a thought.

Road hunting is not hunting.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckBrat View Post
Really?? I paid less for a non-resident Manitoba license than I did for my resident Alberta License. I don't consider that good especially with our pitiful trout fisheries. Just a thought.
I have never fished in Manitoba so have no idea what it cost there. I was just comparing with BC.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
I love how in BC when you want to fish a river such as the Elk, you need to pay $12 a day (it may have changed, as it has been 2 years since i've been fishing on the Elk) for a 'classified' waters license which you can only pick up from a fishing shop ontop of the regular fishing license.
Why don't we adapt this policy for our classified waters? The Bow, Crow, Livingstone, Oldman.. we could go on and on all day picking them..

Could you imagine how many visitors would stop fishing our waters as they don't want to pay the $12 per day plus license? That would mean more fish for us..

That's just my rant anyways..

Oh - and I forgot to mention.. if fishing sucks at the river... just go pay another $12 to fish somewhere else.. I couldn't imagine doing that here in Alberta.. yikes!
Having lived in B.C. for the majority of my youth the Kootenays were and always will be overrated. Two problems come to mind. Too many people and too much B.C. vs AB crap. Cut the nonsense and head to the interior and get away from all the people and B.S. There you will find fishing as it should be and no class one/two waters! Good luck!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:22 PM

What "chaps my hide" is that guides from BC (or Montana for that matter) can come up and charge clients to fish in our waters (no direct revenue comes back to Albertans), but guides from Alberta cannot reciprocate!!

End of rant!!

P
Old 05-27-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜberFly View Post
What "chaps my hide" is that guides from BC (or Montana for that matter) can come up and charge clients to fish in our waters (no direct revenue comes back to Albertans), but guides from Alberta cannot reciprocate!!

End of rant!!

P
I agree with you UBER, it should be a two way street with provincial regulations....Don't blame you for having chapped kackers over this scenario..