Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-25-2012, 01:19 PM

Default Fishing near Exshaw (?)

For Christmas this year I got the old man some fly fishing lessons so that he could come out fishing with my brother and myself this year. His lessons were last week and we're looking at taking him out this weekend to test out his new skills, but since we're more interested in making sure he catches a few we were thinking of taking him over to one of the stocked ponds within an hour drive of Calgary.

Has anyone fished either gap lake or grotto mountain pond near exshaw this year? If so any comments you've got would be appreciated. Have they been recently stocked? (I'd check the stocking report but it's blocked at work and I can't access it)

If no-one has any information about that we'll likely end up at either Sibbald or Allen Bill although we'd prefer getting out somewhere without that many people around. On that note, what section of the regulations does the beaver pond across the road from the sibbald mountain pond fall under? I suspect that it does not open for fishing until June 15 but would appreciate if someone could either confirm or deny.

Thanks.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:47 PM

Went to grotto last Friday its been stocked recently so you may have some good luck
I only managed to capatilize on one bite in 1 hour around 7