Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2018, 11:02 AM

Edibles aren't legal until next year sometime. The online stuff would be non-sanctioned illegal pot shops much like the non-sanctions storefronts in places like Vancouver.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:05 PM

Wink It's worse than we thought

Looks like it has spilled over into the northern U.S. states as well. This photo was taken from the ISS around 4:20 on the 17th.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Canada on Oct 17.jpg (31.6 KB, 126 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 10-19-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
Looks like it has spilled over into the northern U.S. states as well. This photo was taken from the ISS around 4:20 on the 17th.

Justin has received several calls from the northern US states complaining about the smell
Old 10-19-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Just ordered some pre-rolls on the gov't site. Took less than five minutes from opening up the website, to signing up, to confirming my order. Kind of cool. Here's hoping it doesn't take a month to get here. Lol.
I hear it's the old phoenix server system, so ...
Old 10-20-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Justin has received several calls from the northern US states complaining about the smell

From his socks or his policies?
Old 10-20-2018, 10:54 AM
Banned

Default Expensive Stains

I played football as a linebacker and did heavy weights for 15 years and then ran 10 miles 3 times a week for an additional 30 years so joint pain is my constant companion. Yes I am old lol. In any case I still run and do a lot of biking and smoke pot before I do since the pain in my joints (no pun intended) is kept at bay. So I was interested what the cost of Government Controlled weed will be.

I called around last week and ended up talking to the AGLC. AGLC is the Government of Alberta's Crown commercial enterprise and agency that oversees the gaming, liquor and cannabis industries in Alberta.

The lady on the phone told me that they are charging $6.99 for .05 of a gram. There are approximately 28 grams in an ounce. Maybe my math is wrong but I am getting a total of $391.00 an ounce.

Guess you will not be finding me in any lineups!
Old 10-20-2018, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouseHunter View Post
I played football as a linebacker and did heavy weights for 15 years and then ran 10 miles 3 times a week for an additional 30 years so joint pain is my constant companion. Yes I am old lol. In any case I still run and do a lot of biking and smoke pot before I do since the pain in my joints (no pun intended) is kept at bay. So I was interested what the cost of Government Controlled weed will be.

I called around last week and ended up talking to the AGLC. AGLC is the Government of Alberta's Crown commercial enterprise and agency that oversees the gaming, liquor and cannabis industries in Alberta.

The lady on the phone told me that they are charging $6.99 for .05 of a gram. There are approximately 28 grams in an ounce. Maybe my math is wrong but I am getting a total of $391.00 an ounce.

Guess you will not be finding me in any lineups!
Here’s the ticket right here

https://youtu.be/1I_ENeZvhF4
Old 10-20-2018, 09:39 PM

It's expensive and fairly old supply.... Lots of the stuff I ordered was packaged in early July. Some August.

It'll get better though as time goes on.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
Here’s the ticket right here

https://youtu.be/1I_ENeZvhF4
^v^Tinda wolf^v^ that is awesome and I want to Learn how to to do that because $6.99 for .05 gram is highway robbery!

Talking Strains: Give me BC Skunk weed @ $120.00 an oz and I am a happy man

By the way when I go to Florida I pay $16.00 for a 1.5 liter bottle of Smirnoff Vodka, here is costs $60.00.

I am a proud Canadian and The Canadian government can kiss my ass!
Old 10-20-2018, 10:19 PM
Banned

Proper cannabis storage to retain all of its qualities is often overlooked and freezing your pot is not a very good idea. Not only do the trichomes break off it can also mess with the decarboxylation process.

Here’s a good read

https://my420tours.com/freezing-mari...good-bad-idea/
Old 10-20-2018, 10:23 PM
Banned

Ziploc bags in the cupboard works for me )
Old 10-21-2018, 07:40 AM

Guess you will not be finding me in any lineups![/QUOTE]

That must be pricing for pre rolled joints. From what I saw it’s more like $9-$14 a gram for most bud. Depending on the level of thc or cbd
Old 10-21-2018, 08:18 AM
Banned

Correct Passthru they are pre-rolled. @ $14.00 a gram the government can still kiss my ass. Besides I have been rolling my own for decades and have become an aficionado and don't need our governments help. If they want to help me they can lower my tax bracket!

I love ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ idea of how to go about this, in fact I think ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ is a genius and he should open up a growing school for beginners lol

1 plant would last me a year give or take depending on how much golfing and fishing I do during the summer. lol

Last edited by GrouseHunter; 10-21-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Correct Passthru they are pre-rolled. @ $14.00 a gram the government can still kiss my ass. Besides I have been rolling my own for decades and have become an aficionado and don't need our governments help. If they want to help me they can lower my tax bracket!

I love ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ idea of how to go about this, in fact I think ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ is a genius and he should open up a growing school for beginners lol

1 plant would last me a year give or take depending on how much golfing and fishing I do during the summer. lol
Correct me if I’m wrong but, from talking to others, it’s not so easy to cultivate a plant outdoors with such an impressive thc content of the $14 per gram stuff( 25-28% thc) in our climate that we have in Alberta. I have never tried though, let’s be clear. I get what your saying, I’d love to save more cash too.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthru View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong but, from talking to others, it’s not so easy to cultivate a plant outdoors with such an impressive thc content of the $14 per gram stuff( 25-28% thc) in our climate that we have in Alberta. I have never tried though, let’s be clear. I get what your saying, I’d love to save more cash too.
I am talking about growing a couple of plants indoors, like ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ suggested. Not really rocket science but I am sure there is an art to it just like there is brewing your own "quality" beer at home. Personally I never tried, but I am willing to learn.

There are a ton of videos on YouTube that teaches the art, this is the one ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ shared: https://youtu.be/1I_ENeZvhF4

I am not a pot head so 1 plant would last me a year. In the end I am not paying 400 and ounce for government pot (and I don't care which strains with fancy names they are selling) when I pay 120 an oz for quality pot now.

That would be beyond stupid, plus it would cut into my hunting and fishing funds. lol
Old 10-21-2018, 11:15 AM

The trick to outside growing is keep them in pots.Shelter that is light proof for flowering is a must.When there big enough to flower you just move them into said shelter keeping the 12hr light 12hr dark consistent.This means every day they get moved so having shelter close to your sunny spot is helpful.

Starting plants inside is probably best,bring outside say June 1 grow for one month then start the flowering.This will complete the cycle around by end of August.

Yields can vary but 1-3 Ozs per plant is common.

I will start some seeds around the end of March next year to see if what i wrote above actually works.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
San Marino gold columbian is a fabled strain now. Gold tasted like sunshine and glee.
Santa Marta gold... not fabled if you are in the right place, which would be in the Sierra around Tayrona National Park in Magdalena, Colombia.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABDUKNUT View Post
Santa Marta gold... not fabled if you are in the right place, which would be in the Sierra around Tayrona National Park in Magdalena, Colombia.
I like your location. Santa Marta is probably just down the road from you. I"m jealous.

The seed catologs charge up to 10 bucks a seed for Santa Marta gold.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 10-21-2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthru View Post
You are wrong.

I am no expert but can say pot tends to grow like a 'weed' in Alberta's climate. In the early 70's I planted four seeds in the garden in a row and the plants grew big and lush and produced bud good as any you can buy. and sunlight will grow pot better than any indoor light bulb.

I started an auto flowering plant in a 30 liter pot one March and took it outdoors weather permitting from mid April until May long weekend. Then left it outdoors in the pot. The longest day of the year, June 21, it started flowering and was ready for harvest by September 1. That plant produced 5 big solid buds that were 10 inches long and 3.5 inches in diameter when dried. Those five buds weighed almost 15 ounces dried. It was a better quality than any of the store bought pot you can buy. I never fertilized even once. Just good old water and sunshine. No water for the last few days and harvested after a dark night. Timing of harvest is key.

The best soil for growing pot is if you can find where stinging nettle grows, get a pail full of that soil. Nettle is a companion plant to pot if growing outdoors.

I remember hearing about 25 years ago someone got caught "baling" a few acres of outdoor grown pot somewhere around Barrhead.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets

Last edited by Red Bullets; 10-21-2018 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
You are wrong.

I am no expert but can say pot tends to grow like a 'weed' in Alberta's climate. In the early 70's I planted four seeds in the garden in a row and the plants grew big and lush and produced bud good as any you can buy. and sunlight will grow pot better than any indoor light bulb.

I started an auto flowering plant in a 30 liter pot one March and took it outdoors weather permitting from mid April until May long weekend. Then left it outdoors in the pot. The longest day of the year, June 21, it started flowering and was ready for harvest by September 1. That plant produced 5 big solid buds that were 10 inches long and 3.5 inches in diameter when dried. Those five buds weighed almost 15 ounces dried. It was a better quality than any of the store bought pot you can buy. I never fertilized even once. Just good old water and sunshine. No water for the last few days and harvested after a dark night. Timing of harvest is key.

The best soil for growing pot is if you can find where stinging nettle grows, get a pail full of that soil. Nettle is a companion plant to pot if growing outdoors.

I remember hearing about 25 years ago someone got caught "baling" a few acres of outdoor grown pot somewhere around Barrhead.
Family story is that my Gido and his buddies used to grow in the ditches around their homesteads. Even in his 80's he'd have a "scent" about him on occasion.

I wouldn't doubt those stories.

https://kubasonics.bandcamp.com/trac...-rolls-her-own
Old 10-22-2018, 09:41 AM

Whole topic was confusing...but rather than fight em...join em I say.

So off I went to the local pot store and even braved the line up.

So many choices. Finally settled on what looked to give me the most bang for the buck.

Settled on Lagostina and Calphalon,

In the end chose the later.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-22-2018, 10:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

So many choices. Finally settled on what looked to give me the most bang for the buck.

Just curious did you buy them pre-rolled or buds and what did it end up costing you?
Old 10-22-2018, 10:16 AM

I too checked out the store and ended up getting a hybrid strain. Prices ranged from 6-15 a gram and everything in between. Mine ended up being 34 bucks for an eighths.(3.5 grams) very good product.
Hour long line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

GREAT choice! My stainless looks brand new, still, after 12 years.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
I too checked out the store and ended up getting a hybrid strain. Prices ranged from 6-15 a gram and everything in between. Mine ended up being 34 bucks for an eighths.(3.5 grams) very good product.
Hour long line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it better then good ol BC Skunk weed @ $120.00 an oz and no lineups?
Old 10-22-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Was it better then good ol BC Skunk weed?
On par.... the strongest pot was sold out of course.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
On par.... the strongest pot was sold out of course.
I cant imaging waiting for an hour then going to the counter and saying "Can I buy the strain with the least effect please?" lol
Old 10-22-2018, 11:58 AM

My buddies kid spent $1600 on a grow tent for 4 plants I hope he has a green thumb. I suspect the grow kits will be a popular garage sale item in a few years right beside the beer and wine kits.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
My buddies kid spent $1600 on a grow tent for 4 plants I hope he has a green thumb. I suspect the grow kits will be a popular garage sale item in a few years right beside the beer and wine kits.
OMG. ROI Fail.

Reminds me of those those $600 plastic beehives that provide a few dozen jars of honey.

Some people just like spending.

Those that would like to grow small, without paying big should google "Space Buckets".
Old 10-22-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
You are wrong.

Interesting. Thanks for the education.