Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-17-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
so what happens to omark when hemmer and horc come back??? i personally think he is better than brule......who stays and who goes?
Only time will tell. I do not think that Omark and Brule can be compared. They are 2 different style players. Omark is all about offense and that is it. Brule can bring stuff to the table that Omark can't. When he is playing good he adds a bit of sandpaper to a very soft lineup. Don't forget that Brule can also serve as a winger or centerman. It will be a tough decision when the time comes but I am not sure what they would do. Maybe dump Fraser and have Brule center the 4th line??? That opens one spot!! Fraser has not impressed me at all and I think they could do with out him.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:41 PM

SLIPPER SOFT needs to seat ,,,,,,,the most over rated goal in the NHL,flames owned the game ,,couple soft goals ,just like last game.........
Old 12-20-2010, 09:16 PM

Did anyone watch the "Malkin & Crosby show" tonight?! 8 points between them tonight in a 6-1 win.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchy View Post
Did anyone watch the "Malkin & Crosby show" tonight?! 8 points between them tonight in a 6-1 win.
Some pretty sick goals in that game!!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Some pretty sick goals in that game!!

I watched and reveled in the Lamers misery..poor BB is close to suicidal..its pretty bad when the Lames and Laffs are in the same boat but I would rather be a Laff fan as at least they have some talent in their system even with trading away 2 yrs of first rounders....Lames ONLY hope is to rip it apart trade Iggy and Kipper and start over. If they don't its going to be about 5 yrs before the cupboard fills.....god I am loving this lol.....

stupid Flamers
Old 12-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Banned

Good Lord we suck.....

How did you clowns from the north get through last season?
I honestly find myself interested in what Ed is doing this year.

Jamie
Old 12-21-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Good Lord we suck.....

Jamie

Well Jamie, it was not easy... especially coming onto this thread last year and reading how the flames were so elite and how we suck. The light at the end of the tunnel was that we knew we were going to get a good draft pick.

For me personally...i beleive in Karma and what comes around goes around. That is why you should re-visit pg 1 of this thread...post 3 & 4

I also have to say, i enjoyed watching the lamers dump the last 2 games almost as much as i enjoy watching the oilers win a couple.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Only time will tell. I do not think that Omark and Brule can be compared. They are 2 different style players. Omark is all about offense and that is it. Brule can bring stuff to the table that Omark can't. When he is playing good he adds a bit of sandpaper to a very soft lineup. Don't forget that Brule can also serve as a winger or centerman. It will be a tough decision when the time comes but I am not sure what they would do. Maybe dump Fraser and have Brule center the 4th line??? That opens one spot!! Fraser has not impressed me at all and I think they could do with out him.
good points....I have not been too impressed with Fraser either. I think you might have hot on something there.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:24 PM

Default phaneuf

Quote:
Hiding? More like not wasting his time in the box fighting with a 3rd string D-man 10 min into the game.

Dion said after the game that it wasn't a good penalty to take. But they were winning the game and why not give the kid a little welcome to the NHL?
Not a big fan of the former flame, he does pick his spots pretty good, a couple years ago when he was still fighting lots, sure he filled in Mattias Ohlund (real big fighter lmao) but got pumped pretty good from guys like brent burns, shane doan, and ethan moreau sure not exactly slouches but far from contenders, lots of his fights are against guys like ohlund or andreas lilja. granted him and ian lapperiere had a couple good tilts maybe four seasons back and lappy is a tough guy, but to many opponets like spezza and the above mentioned fellows of european extraction to be rated as a scary prospect for peckham.

Peckham isn't the greatest either but he will drop em with anybody including Jared Boll from Columbus who handed him his hat but he was willing, i give way more props to the guys who will slug it out with the top dogs
Old 12-21-2010, 09:18 PM

Man things are lookn Grinchy for the Lames....what a lovely present for an Oil fan.. Blow it up boys you are going to finish DFL in the conference ...yup DFL
Old 12-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Man things are lookn Grinchy for the Lames....what a lovely present for an Oil fan.. Blow it up boys you are going to finish DFL in the conference ...yup DFL
Ah well, looks good on them and the fans that slammed Lowe and the Oilers for rebuilding claiming the Oil will never get anywhere while their elite team wins the west! In Sutter we trust alright

Like Shmag said, Karma's a you-know-what!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Good Lord we suck.....

I honestly find myself interested in what Ed is doing this year.

Jamie
Jamie I hate to say it but a hockey fan would see that this may be a blessing in disguise!! The Flames figured they were a contender coming in to the year but obviously they are no where near!!! Just like the Oilers last year this will be good for the Flames in the long run!! Only big difference is that Flames do not really have any huge prospects sitting waiting to crack the line up. Ryan Howse may turn out to be a legitimate goal scorer for them but he is still to one dimensional for the NHL (complete joke that he is not on Team Canada). I think it will all work out if they use what picks they have wisely!! We need a good BOA again in the league!!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Jamie I hate to say it but a hockey fan would see that this may be a blessing in disguise!! The Flames figured they were a contender coming in to the year but obviously they are no where near!!! Just like the Oilers last year this will be good for the Flames in the long run!! Only big difference is that Flames do not really have any huge prospects sitting waiting to crack the line up. Ryan Howse may turn out to be a legitimate goal scorer for them but he is still to one dimensional for the NHL (complete joke that he is not on Team Canada). I think it will all work out if they use what picks they have wisely!! We need a good BOA again in the league!!!!
Goober. I know that drafting high is a big bonus, but its still very hard to watch these guys fail. It hurts.. It hurts real bad.
LOLOLOLOL
However our back up GT is looking really good. Perhaps we can trade Kipper and get some real players in return? Not that I want to see him gone, I just see the value in him. But if your going to trade for draft picks, a guy has to wonder if there is enough depth in the pool to sacrafice the top GT in the NHL. Same goes for Iggy. I would miss him, but the future may demand it. Besides these guys deserve a chance to do something somewhere else.

Jamie
Old 12-22-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Goober. I know that drafting high is a big bonus, but its still very hard to watch these guys fail. It hurts.. It hurts real bad.

Jamie
It is not a bonus, it is a must!!!! The Flames have been ruined in the last few years and it must be fixed!!! This can only happen through the draft, with quality picks and a few bonus lucky 4th rounders that pan out as good as 2nd rounders!! Right now they are in a world of hurt as an organization. Start up top and clean house!! In the mean time do what I do and cheer for payers not a team!! I have calmed waaaaaaaay down since doing this myself!!! It sucks but the pay off could be huge in the end!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
It is not a bonus, it is a must!!!! The Flames have been ruined in the last few years and it must be fixed!!! This can only happen through the draft, with quality picks and a few bonus lucky 4th rounders that pan out as good as 2nd rounders!! Right now they are in a world of hurt as an organization. Start up top and clean house!! In the mean time do what I do and cheer for payers not a team!! I have calmed waaaaaaaay down since doing this myself!!! It sucks but the pay off could be huge in the end!!!
Amen Goober Amen !!!! See ya Darrell...See ya Ken, it was a real slice!!! See ya # 12, 34, 28...and lets give Stajan back to TO no charge (what a bum)...June can't come quick enough. Nice to see 2 Canadian lads sitting #1 and #2 in the scoring race this year....
Old 12-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
So are you in agrement of trading away these 2 guys? Like I said, I do not know if there are any sure things in the draft this year.

Jamie
Old 12-22-2010, 06:31 PM

Old 12-22-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
So are you in agrement of trading away these 2 guys? Like I said, I do not know if there are any sure things in the draft this year.

Jamie
They are really the only 2 that you would get anything for!! Too many other bad contracts. Do not forget your cap hit is second or third highest in the league (I think). The only other issue there is that there is nobody at all with leadership abilities other than Jarome (in my eyes). This years draft is very good but no real high end guarantees. You will see a lot of career third and fourth liners from this years crop. There could be some surprises though as there is every year!! Draft picks are never a guarantee but you never know if you do not make the pick!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 11:36 PM

Default High Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Bumping for Great White Whaler.

Also, just wanted to give 'the regulars' a head's up on what a former member who used to live on this thread has been up to......

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=66416
Too funny, I bet people would have been nicer to poor octane if we would have seen the pictures first!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:

Jamie
Adam Larsson is a sure thing if u need a defenseman, Couturier looks solid, may never be a true #1 center, but should be a solid #2. The best thing is...we get to watch all these kids play over the next 13-14 days. World Junior's are great to watch!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Banned

Funny thing, they are haveing this exact discusion in the Sun today.

Jamie
Old 12-23-2010, 11:07 AM

In the 2012 draft look for Ryan Murray. Fantastic all around D man!
Old 12-28-2010, 12:23 PM

Well the first move in Calgary has happened - Darryl Sutter has stepped down and Jay Feaster is taking over as GM for now.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duk Dog View Post
Well the first move in Calgary has happened - Darryl Sutter has stepped down and Jay Feaster is taking over as GM for now.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:28 PM

Now that the oil and flames are 14th and 15th in the west...this thread certainly seems superrrr quiet these days How are the Canucks doing lately...I've forgotten!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:35 PM

Well as much as I like Darrell Sutter he had to go...time to start righting the ship...
Old 12-28-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
Now that the oil and flames are 14th and 15th in the west...this thread certainly seems superrrr quiet these days How are the Canucks doing lately...I've forgotten!
Ok you've forgotton how your Nucks are doing lately...Just be sure to mark the Jan 5th game down on your calendar eh...
Old 12-28-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
The Nucks look as good as they always do in regular season. They have been very dominant at times as usual. We will see how they look come round 2 of the playoffs though!! Canada's best chance at the cup but we have seen that story with the Nucks way too many times!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
The Nucks look as good as they always do in regular season. They have been very dominant at times as usual. We will see how they look come round 2 of the playoffs though!! Canada's best chance at the cup but we have seen that story with the Nucks way too many times!!!
I think there only chance would to trade the Sedin boys to us for Kipper, Loooo is so lame....
Old 12-28-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
I think there only chance would to trade the Sedin boys to us for Kipper, Loooo is so lame....

On the bright side of things for Flames fans I hope the day's of brutal trades and horrific signings came to an end this afternoon!! I believe the Flame just began to burn a bit brighter today and for once the future may look a lot better!!

Just said on WJC pre game show that Sutter did not voluntarily step down, he was asked and pressured in to it. Great move!!!

Tags
ducks