Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-26-2010, 12:23 PM

Default fishing near daysland

hello i am a long time reader first time poster. Im not from alberta just moved here a few years ago. Lately i have been trying different lakes with my little 16 footer and honestly iv had no luck. I tried buck lake twice got skunked both times 3 of us, dried meat we also got skunked. Coal lake use to be really good for pike and its fairly close but i wouldnt try putting my boat in there this year .... my question is any suggestions of a place to go near daysland thank you any advice would be appreciated
Old 09-26-2010, 05:20 PM

Default lakes

You Could try buffalo lake thats about the closest fishing to daysland thats descent that ive experienced
Old 09-26-2010, 05:20 PM

Daysland is near where I grew up and we used to have consistent luck on Buffalo Lake. Lots of places to launch an aluminum on that lake. We used to launch at the Narrows Prov. Park and follow the Narrows east until it opened up into the lake and fish the reeds and shorlines. Better in spring but should still produce in the fall.

Good Luck. Beautiful country up there in the fall....
Old 10-02-2010, 08:25 AM

thank you that would be a start i currently have been trying buck lake with no real luck mostly little pike and the occasional little walleye iv also tried buffalo and the narrows any other suggestions i read so many stories of amazng fishing it would be nice to see what alberta really has to offer but like every where to know the spots gotta be a local
Old 10-02-2010, 10:52 AM

do you know about the pond in Daysland? near the golf course. rainbow and perch in there that I know of, saw a few rainbows pulled out of there last winter about 2lbs, and saw schools of perch on an underwater camera
Old 10-02-2010, 09:39 PM

Try the battle river down by hardisty it's pretty good right now pulled a 12lb pike out this morring. And last sunday my buddies dad got a 10lbs walleye.