Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-25-2011, 04:44 PM

Default Oh good god,

So i was recently a victem of theft, had the tackle box stolen from the truck, When i first realized, my stomache sunk, i dont wish that feeling upon anyone, so i got permision from the wife today to fill it back up, so off i went, ill take this and that and this, well i guess once i had everything that i figured replaced, BANG 400$ please! Hahaha, when did this sport become expensive! <.<. In the end she wasnt too happy!

But i was >.>

=)
Old 05-25-2011, 04:57 PM

sorry to hear. i actually left 4 rods and two full boxes in my truck the other night and thought about how id feel if i came out and they were gone... wouldnt be good. maybe with a little luck you will be out one day and see the guy next to you using your stuff.. i know id have fun with it.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:14 PM

I wish I could fill mine up for $400!!! maybe one tray! I'd lose my mind if my fishing gear was stolen! Sorry to hear, hope you have insurance and its covered!
Old 05-25-2011, 05:21 PM

haha I Hope your right man, if i ever find myself fishing next to him, he'll be getting a big fat rapala between the eyes! until then. ill be practicing my aim here's what i got,
The Things People Do!

Old 05-25-2011, 05:22 PM

awe no way
Old 05-25-2011, 05:28 PM

we'll try this, i shoulda mentioned my "summer fishing kit" i still have my trout and ice fishing kit

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 05-25-2011, 05:37 PM

Sorry to hear about your lost gear. At least your wifey understands your passion for fishing and let you go on a lil shopping spree. That's pretty cool
And ya......ya never know, maybe someday u will be fortunate enough to be fishing next to the donkey that jacked your gear. You could definetly have some fun with that!

Cheers n GL!
Old 05-25-2011, 05:39 PM

ive never had any respect for theives.. i mean its one thing is a guy is rippin off walmart or something like that but when you are taking things like a guys fishing gear... or tools, i worked for a guy who had his whole trailer full of tools ripped off.. thats just something you dont do. but.. this will deffinately motivate me to bring all my gear in at night now.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:50 PM

ive never had any respect for theives.. i mean its one thing is a guy is rippin off walmart or something like that but when you are taking things like a guys fishing gear... or tools

You make it sound like ripping off Walmart is OK compared to joe blow...........any theft no matter who it is, is not right
Old 05-25-2011, 06:24 PM

deffinately not.. a thief is a thief. but when you are ripping things off that ppl work hard for or that have sentimental value, its a lower kind of low.

Last edited by brendan85; 05-25-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan85 View Post
deffinately not.. a thief is a thief. but when you are ripping things off that ppl work hard for or that have sentimental value, its a lower kind of low.
I agree. Regardless, stealing is wrong but stealing from a guy who put blood, sweat and tears into the money for his fishing gear is alot different than stealing from the biggest corporation on earth.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:01 PM

Sorry to hear about the robbery. I left a tackle box that had hundreds of dollars worth of spoons in it in the back of the truck and the next day, my spoons were missing. I suspect a thief took them and a couple hundred dollars later, I rebuilt my spoon collection.

People can mess with life, but people can't mess with time.

Last edited by Jwood 456; 05-25-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:10 PM

thanks guys, since i was young i always liked to think that fishing was for the legit people, the people that like to relax, the people that have nothing to prove but there catch, and even then... but its come a long way, back in the day people used to poach for sustinence, for their familys, a cant say so much about it these days, its all the same, someone trying to make a buck, most likely, or someone greedy, id have no shame having someone take it that cant afford the nice stuff, but i dont thing that would be the case, the world has changed. and they say change is for the better, but i highly doubt this is the case, atleast this time.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:08 PM

those kickin minnnows are pretty unreal and you got alot of good choices in there...i got some of my lures stolen too but i got em back
Old 05-26-2011, 02:47 PM

Geez that's too bad. Makes me sick that people do that. The biggest thing with 'replacing' everything is that you just can't. One day you will look for that special hook you had in your old box and find it missing.. then you will need that special colored jig.. gone... brutal. I do believe in karma though and that person has it coming their way soon!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:00 PM

I feel your pain. Had mine stolen and a crap load of other things. Had insurance and got to re fill it real good. Only cost me $500 deductable and no claim discount.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger15 View Post
I feel your pain. Had mine stolen and a crap load of other things. Had insurance and got to re fill it real good. Only cost me $500 deductable and no claim discount.
So I've been wondering about this issue with insurance. How did you prove to them the worth of all your fishing tackle? I didn't used to have that much gear that I was worried about but somehow over the years I've managed to collect a ton of crap. I have some receipts for the bigger ticket items but things like lures, flies, used fly rods bought off the forum, etc I don't.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshotz View Post
So I've been wondering about this issue with insurance. How did you prove to them the worth of all your fishing tackle? I didn't used to have that much gear that I was worried about but somehow over the years I've managed to collect a ton of crap. I have some receipts for the bigger ticket items but things like lures, flies, used fly rods bought off the forum, etc I don't.
itemised lists and photos help.......
just try not have a claim 2 days after you take pics..lol
Old 05-26-2011, 08:01 PM

Dude, I've been using the same bobber since 1985.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:08 PM

cork im guessing?
Old 05-26-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshotz View Post
I happend to have few pictures of me holding fish with my big azz tackle box sitting in the boat. It was all of our camping gear that was stolen and we just showed them picks of us all set up with most of it.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:01 PM

ice, PM sent.