Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-26-2011, 04:02 PM

Default Thanks Ken!

I was lucky enough to get one of Ken's super fish bonkers, delivered by non other than huntinstuff. This is quite the unit. I can't wait to use it. In fact, I suspect it will be of great assistance, once I attached a wrist band to keep me from donating it to Davey Jones, for those times you really need a bonker. You know the times, when there is 4 of you in an inflatable boat designed for three and enough tackle to stock the Deadliest Catch and someone always brings extra crap like super seat cushions or a big cooler with just one bottle of water:

"Holy crap boys - I got a big one. . .look at it. . .it is huge. . .keep your tip up. . .don't lose it. . .looks like we are eating jack snacks tonight. . .there it is - get it in the net. . .no not tail first. . .you are losing it. . .grab it. . .GRAB IT. . .I have it. . .no I HAVE IT. . .YOU ARE TIPPING THE BOAT. . .there goes my cooler. . .YEAH - ITS IN THE BOAT. . .***** it is all over the place. . .you grab it. . .no you grab it. . .OW - IT BIT ME. . .get it. . .YIKES. . .step on it. . .use your boot. . .someone get it. . .bash its brains in. . .HIT IT WITH THE PADDLE. . .not the knife - we are in zodiac. . .ahhhhh, lets get a picture. . .we are so cool - and excellent outdoorsmen. . .you clean it. . ."

This is where the bonker will be worth its weight in gold - I bonk the other 3 guys in the boat and release the pike.

Thanks again Ken!

Cheers.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:05 PM

Hahahahaha, sounds like a fishing trip that I want to be a part of!

But I'll be bringing my own Kensfishkiller

x2 - Thanks Ken!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco22 View Post
"Holy crap boys - I got a big one. . .look at it. . .it is huge. . .keep your tip up. . .don't lose it. . .looks like we are eating jack snacks tonight. . .there it is - get it in the net. . .no not tail first. . .you are losing it. . .grab it. . .GRAB IT. . .I have it. . .no I HAVE IT. . .YOU ARE TIPPING THE BOAT. . .there goes my cooler. . .YEAH - ITS IN THE BOAT. . .***** it is all over the place. . .you grab it. . .no you grab it. . .OW - IT BIT ME. . .get it. . .YIKES. . .step on it. . .use your boot. . .someone get it. . .bash its brains in. . .HIT IT WITH THE PADDLE. . .not the knife - we are in zodiac. . .ahhhhh, lets get a picture. . .we are so cool - and excellent outdoorsmen. . .you clean it. . ."
You've been fishing with my brother!

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 01-26-2011, 07:19 PM

Lol awesome, I hope you like it.

It is absolutely not even a shadow compared to what you gave me, and we still have to finalize that one. Make sure you get me the tent pole sizes soon so I can make your adapters.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....