Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2012, 04:50 PM

Exclamation Beware Kijiji Scam!

Hello everyone, Ive been getting a few suspicious people wanting to buy stuff of of kijiji. A friend of mine recieved the same message that I have been getting and sadly lost money to them as they were able to get his PayPal.

Im selling a blackberry on kijiji and Ill recieve a text message from a potential buyer telling me to email them with the email they provide. So I email them and then I recieve the same email from all 4 buyers just with a slight change in details, Here is an email I got,

Quote:
Thanks for your response, I will like to know if you can ship the item international to my friend in Nigeria and i will pay $200 Dollars for the shipping cost through Canada Post Service.

I will like you to provide me your best offer for the item. I will like to make the payment to you through paypal as fastest means of payment.

So i will like you to provide below information

1) Your Paypal Full Name

2) Paypal Full Email Address

3) Item Number

4) Item Cost

So that i can quickly make the payment through paypal as soon as possible and once you confirm the payment you will be able to ship the item as soon as possible.

I will be waiting for your reply.

God Bless,

Edgar
The words in Bold are the words they change everything else is always the same, Ive got emails of them wanting to ship a "buisness partner" or "cousin" instead of friend. They offer different amount of money for shipping, but theyve wanted me to ship to San Diego, New York, Nigeria, and Africa.

With this all being said I believe it to be a scam so beware! It always starts with a text then they email me.

They ALWAYS end in God Bless.

Be careful kijiji users!