Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-25-2016, 05:02 PM

Default buying fishing gear online

hey all i have been fishing for the prussian carp for about a few months now and noticed the various different fishing gear the people use. i talked to a few and they gave me a website to purchase these telescopic carp rods floats and gear. some are telling me its not as simple as just pick what you want and order, some say you have to have a broker and such. is this true? the site they told me about is sorta like the china version of amazon called aliexpress.com. has anyone ever heard or dealt with this company before? all this stuff is from over seas like china.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:09 PM

I've bought off a similar site called dhgate.com. Items took around 45 days to get delivered. I did receive everything I ordered and it was all as described. Some of the stuff wasn't the best quality, but was 20% of what I would've paid for similar gear at a store like cabelas. No broker was needed for those purchases.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:15 PM

cool, i am currently looking through their site and they have a link to have the prices in CAD funds and some are free shipping while some are charges apply.