Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-14-2022, 04:59 PM

Default Carson Lake

Went for a drive to check things out. Half a dozen vehicles on the lake, all stayed real close to the launch. Major flood ice. Bring a sled and walk out, just to be safe.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:19 PM

Did you possibly ask anyone if they are catching any fish
Old 01-15-2022, 01:13 PM

I didn't unfortunately.
Old 01-17-2022, 06:39 AM

Went out yesterday for a couple hours. Over flow didn't seem to bad until we went to leave and then sank down through the next layer. Didn't have enough room to get a run at it and got stuck against the "road" of hard pack. Another guy had to give me a little tug up over the lip, coulda made it out with my shovel but the tow was much easier lol. Picture shows what it looked like before I tried moving, leave yourself a bit more of a runway to get back on the road

Fishing was pretty decent for the first time in a while out there, got 5 in the little time we were there, had lots of bites and kept 2 for a snack.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2022, 08:18 AM

[QUOTE=leeaspell;4471989]Went out yesterday for a couple hours. Over flow didn't seem to bad until we went to leave and then sank down through the next layer. Didn't have enough room to get a run at it and got stuck against the "road" of hard pack. Another guy had to give me a little tug up over the lip, coulda made it out with my shovel but the tow was much easier lol. Picture shows what it looked like before I tried moving, leave yourself a bit more of a runway to get back on the road

Fishing was pretty decent for the first time in a while out there, got 5 in the little time we were there, had lots of bites and kept 2 for a snack.

Thanks for the update, trying to find time to head out there for a 3 day trip, winter camping, fishing