Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-16-2018, 10:56 AM

Default Quads in the morning

Hey guys ! Just heading out hunting on this beautiful Alberta day this morning ... anyways my hunting buddy and I are bulls**ttin and he’s making an argument about quads in the morning and doesn’t understand why you can’t go hunting in your quads in the morning and that he interprets the regs different on it ... blah blah blah . Then he says you can take your quad in the am in wmu 353 ... why can you take a quad there and not other wmu’s?
IMG_3696.jpeg
Old 10-16-2018, 11:24 AM

Some zone have the restriction and some don’t. I feel it save a lot of morning hunts from getting ruined by people wanting to quickly roll around checking all the best spots at prime time. The atvs can really break a good pattern imo.

If there world is warming why is there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why are you demanding special treatment?
Old 10-16-2018, 01:33 PM

I personally think you should be able to use a quad in the AM. I live in WMU 500 where you can use a quad, none of my hunts are ruined due to this mostly because I use my quad to get to within 300 m of my stand or where I'm hunting and I go to a spot deep in the bush. If you only hunt cutlines and bush roads, then be prepared for some disturbances.

The flip side is that people roaring by can help keep the animals moving and you may see more....
Old 10-16-2018, 01:43 PM

I spend most of my time in 521 we use our quads first thing in the morning before daylight ,get off walk until noon I wish more areas were like this and wish people would abide by the rules more.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
wish people would abide by the rules more.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
x2
Old 10-16-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod in the sticks View Post
I personally think you should be able to use a quad in the AM. I live in WMU 500 where you can use a quad, none of my hunts are ruined due to this mostly because I use my quad to get to within 300 m of my stand or where I'm hunting and I go to a spot deep in the bush. If you only hunt cutlines and bush roads, then be prepared for some disturbances.

The flip side is that people roaring by can help keep the animals moving and you may see more....
Might not be alot of pressure in your zone. Up in the peace people get elktarded, some really dumb thing go on. Anyways you can ride your atv in a time restricted zone, you just need to be off it 1 hr before sunrise.
Lastly Animals can here an atv coming for many kms.

If there world is warming why is there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why are you demanding special treatment?
Old 10-17-2018, 09:43 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky7mm View Post
Some zone have the restriction and some don’t. I feel it save a lot of morning hunts from getting ruined by people wanting to quickly roll around checking all the best spots at prime time. The atvs can really break a good pattern imo.
I hunt zones were they can roll by whenever even heater hunters have come by and they just head to the timber edge slip in....quad or truck goes by 15 minutes later they wonder out...shot a few beauties watching a quad go by and then down another cut a buck steps out...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-17-2018, 03:21 PM

I always interpreted it as a fairness thing. To give the guys on foot a chance. Haven’t read up on it in years as I got rid of my quads though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk