Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Banned

New to the forum. I'm still my only child, but I love a great cause for kids. If whoever is directly involved can drop me a PM and let me know what's needed. I'll be in Kansas City til Friday and will be stocking up on ice fishing gear when I get back. Even if I can't make it, I'll have a 4 man popup that I can lend out, ice auger with a drill etc. Can throw some cash in for the cause too.

I'm in Calgary.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
New to the forum. I'm still my only child, but I love a great cause for kids. If whoever is directly involved can drop me a PM and let me know what's needed. I'll be in Kansas City til Friday and will be stocking up on ice fishing gear when I get back. Even if I can't make it, I'll have a 4 man popup that I can lend out, ice auger with a drill etc. Can throw some cash in for the cause too.

I'm in Calgary.

Thank You so very much, i will be in contact with you
Old 12-06-2011, 12:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IheOD...eature=related
Old 12-06-2011, 12:49 AM

Thank you to GL2 for all your behind the scenes work.....its greatly appreciated.
Sliver thank you for constantly contacting me on how you can help...you efforts are why we will succeed.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
Thank you to GL2 for all your behind the scenes work.....its greatly appreciated.
Sliver thank you for constantly contacting me on how you can help...you efforts are why we will succeed.
NP chubb. I have a lot of time on my hands working my shift rotation, so I feel I can contribute a lot!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post

I'm in Calgary.
welcome to the forum, and good on you for volunteering

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-06-2011, 07:17 PM

I think a big thanks to chubb is in order. Some of us are trying to help best we can but the logistics of this kind of a event is a nightmare. Lets hope the weather and the fish cooperate, so the kids have a good time.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl2 View Post
I think a big thanks to chubb is in order. Some of us are trying to help best we can but the logistics of this kind of a event is a nightmare. Lets hope the weather and the fish cooperate, so the kids have a good time.
X2 maybe everyone should bring their extra ice anchors, if the wind is howling we may have to tie the kids down!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-06-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:

yes. thank-you Chubb. it will all come together. you're doing a fine job thus far, no doubt. you know to holler our way at anytime for anything and we'll be there.

Dace
Old 12-07-2011, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Very true, without chubb putting this in motion, it couldn't happen.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:26 PM

Well, the ice at PCR is worthy of a good time already, should be great by the time we get these kids out there. The burbot bite is fair, but the walleye seemed sluggish today.. hmm?
Old 12-09-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivers86 View Post
Well, the ice at PCR is worthy of a good time already, should be great by the time we get these kids out there. The burbot bite is fair, but the walleye seemed sluggish today.. hmm?
maybe something to do with the eclipse and full moon. hopefully the pike dont see it I want Moby tomorrow!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-12-2011, 08:46 PM

update
im working on numbers at this time now amoung other details
what is confirmed is a huge and most generous donation from Mr. Gower of Normark/Rapala.
Communications are still in progress with SRD
It may be that only confirmed volunteers by a certain date and totalling 25 will be allowed to participate in this event.
Due to travel restrictions of the buses, I believe we will have the event at the boat launch where public washrooms are present.

To all who have commited to volunteering i thank you so very much.
To all donaters....words cant express my gratitude
A special thanks to Mikeo2's family, Horsetrader, GL2 and Parnavi
And last but not least....Thank you Mr.Gower and Normark/Rapala

Hopefully i will get the replies i need to fully set the event in motion. Im sorry its taking so long, but its a huge undertaking and requires some time to organize.

Last edited by chubbdarter; 12-12-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:37 PM

If im held to the limits of fisherman volunteers, the good news is im close to filling the 25 limit.
Right or wrong im attempting to try pull this off without a General Section request to sponsor a child for the event.
I thank you all
Old 12-12-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
If im held to the limits of fisherman volunteers, the good news is im close to filling the 25 limit.
Right or wrong im attempting to try pull this off without a General Section request to sponsor a child for the event.
I thank you all
Make sure my name is on that list, I really want to help out, and hopefully spouses wont have to hide if they come along

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-12-2011, 10:14 PM

Steve has a heart of Gold. Great work Chub.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:17 PM

Count me in, I will be there to help where ever is necessary.

I have a tent, a manual auger and a portable ice fishing fire pit that I can bring. I will supply wood for the fire pit, and a bbq to cook up some hot dogs on the ice.

Thanks for taking the lead on this Chubb, it will definitely be a lot of fun and hopefully we can keep the kids smiling no matter what the weather will be doing.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Make sure my name is on that list, I really want to help out, and hopefully spouses wont have to hide if they come along
WC....your down for 2 volunteers
thank you
Old 12-13-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
Count me in, I will be there to help where ever is necessary.

I have a tent, a manual auger and a portable ice fishing fire pit that I can bring. I will supply wood for the fire pit, and a bbq to cook up some hot dogs on the ice.

Thanks for taking the lead on this Chubb, it will definitely be a lot of fun and hopefully we can keep the kids smiling no matter what the weather will be doing.
Thank you so much Buddy...
Old 12-13-2011, 03:44 PM

Club numbers are starting to roll in. Im confident we will reach the 100 child limit.
SRD is providing a blanket license for all B@G children that require a license
Mr Gower of Normark/Rapala has donated teho ice outfits at a HUGE discount with line for all the children
Walleye unlimited has donated to offset the important legal issues we need to conform to.
Bill at the calgary Fishin Hole has commited to his participation to the event, that discussion is on going.
We appear to have the barbques for the cook out.
Very generous donations have been recieved from Mikeo2 and his family, Horsetrader and GL2 has generously donated alot of time and materials to the event.
The Hogslayer family has generously with the Lays company donated potato chip for all the children.
If ive missed anyone, im sorry and please advise me.
I thank you all, it has allowed me time to wade thru the huge pile of red tape

some issues open for discussion are
1-hot chocolate and cups and juice boxes
I believe 400 servings....how do we prepare and serve the hot chocolate?
2-hot dogs and buns + condiments
I think we need to be prepared to have 250 hotdogs
3-a name for the event
4-raising funds for a participation prize for all children. Im am currently working on a idea to have a fishing lure spoon(hook less) on a lanyard with a Boys and Girls club label on the spoon. I think it would be a unique medal
5-smelt
Would 8 big bags of smelt from Super Store be enough?
Old 12-13-2011, 04:25 PM

>__________ proudly presents the 1st annual Boys and Girls Club Fun Day at Pine Coulee Reservoir
>
> The event will happen on FEB. 25th 2012, from 10am to 3pm. Weather permitting. Actual location will be determined with updated fishing reports prior to the event. The location must be in the general location of the boat launch parking lot to facilitate the buses and access to wash rooms
>In the event of bad weather the directors of the boys and girls club will make the final decision on the event proceeding.
> This is a non competitive event with every child being a winner and receiving a participation prize.
> Food and beverages will be provided for all in the form of hot-dogs and hot chocolate/juice.
> All liability insurance for the children will be provided by the B@G clubs and Walleye Unlimited will act as the liaison between the B&G club.
> The Boys and Girls club will be responsible for the transportation of the children
> Walleye Unlimited will have addressed the CFE issues if there is any.
>Walleye Unlimited will look after all licensing issues
> No alcohol or illegal substances are permitted.
> A first Aid kit will be on site for minor scrapes and all medical attention will be administerd by a B@G Club representative
> All participants will follow the Regulations of the Alberta Government
> SRD will be invited to attend in the event data can be collected and at the very least have lunch with us.
> Regional conservation officers will also be invited to overview the event and have lunch with us.
> All holes will be drilled prior to the start of the event and ice safety will be addressed. All tackle will be supplied by sponsors and volunteers. All bait will be supplied.
>All Childen will be asked to come dressed according to conditons and bring a lawn chair if possible.
>No snowmobiles or quads will be allowed for the childrens safety
> Events will include:
> 1- ICE FISHING
> 2-POSSIBLE SKATING, ICE DEPENDANT
> 3-A rotation system will be put in place for tent and camera time for the children
> 4-A GROUP PHOTO WILL BE TAKEN AND ITS OUR HOPE TO MAKE A SMALL VIDEO OF THE EVENT.
> 5-FOOD AND DRINKS WILL BE PROVIDED ALL DAY
> 6-VOLUNTEERS WILL MEET AT 8 AM FOR A LAST MINUTE TEAM MEETING AND SET-UP THE EVENT
>All fishing guide volunteers will be asked to bring Tip Ups if possible
> I have received a few contacts which state they are unable to attend for numerous reasons but would still like to help with monies. All monies will be used for the event and any excess will be passed on to a charitable organization. A complete break down will be released at the end of the event. On behalf of the children we thank you all for your contributions.
>
> I will make this perfectly clear: ANY AND ALL VOLUNTEERS DO NOT HAVE TO BE MEMBERS OF WALLEYE UNLIMITED AND AT NO TIME WILL YOU BE SOLICITATED TO JOIN. Walley Unlimited is a important connection to the B@G club with a history of holding prior events
>
> Enviroment issues will be the Walleye Unlimited clubs responsibilty. Garbage will be cleaned up by volunteers. Even a spilled drink like a hot chocalate will be shovelled up and removed from the lake. As a conservation organization leave only foot prints in the snow and on the ice. This is not debatable!!
> All fisherman unaware of the event will be treated with respect.
>This event is only possible with the generous spirit of all volunteers and the involvement of our sponsors. I ask everyone to support all the sponsors who have kindly donated to this event. Banners will proudly be flown at the event if provided and public printing of our appreciation will be announced.
>
>
> WE THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. YOUR KINDNESS WILL LIVE IN THE MEMORIES OF THE CHILDREN FOR MANY YEARS.
>
>
>
> TAKE A KID FISHING AND FISHING LIVES FOREVER

I am open to suggestions and modifications but please realize some of my decisions are bound by the legallities that have been made aware to me in my investigations.

thank you all
Old 12-13-2011, 04:26 PM

im in discussion trying to raise the volunteer limit if possible
Old 12-13-2011, 05:56 PM

Sounds great Chubb, I believe you have covered most of it in your review of the event.

I will see about getting a large enough BBQ for the day. NOV has a large trailer BBQ that I will inquire about borrowing for the day, which will be large enough to accomodate 500 hot dogs if need be. They typically don't ask for any cash for rental, just that the propane tank is returned full. They have been very helpful in the past, so I am confident that they will be kind enough to help this event out and keep some fuel in the bellies of the little fishing fiends!

Can you please forward the sponsor package to me Chubb so that I can see about getting some other sponsors involved, such as NOV.

Depending on the wind, I will bring my wall tent as a shelter. Difficult to count on though as the wind down there can come up in an instant, and the tent itself could be dangerous. Any thoughts on this are welcome.

Spread the word! This will be an awesome time to get kids into some fish, and introduce the sport to new anglers.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:35 PM

we will need water as well for the hot chocolate, and perhaps we could do up some coffee for the adults as well. I have a couple tipups, a gas auger, as well as a hand auger, tent and heater for warming up and watching the fish camera. can definitely scare up some minnows as well. The washrooms are pretty barebones, might be a good idea to have some hand sanitizer available as well and maybe more TP? .
maybe the kids can have a bit of a competition to come up with an event name?

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-13-2011, 06:44 PM

Sounds great chubb. This is all working out great.

x2 on the idea of giving the kids a chance to name the event. Would be fun for them
Old 12-13-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
Sounds great Chubb, I believe you have covered most of it in your review of the event.

I will see about getting a large enough BBQ for the day. NOV has a large trailer BBQ that I will inquire about borrowing for the day, which will be large enough to accomodate 500 hot dogs if need be. They typically don't ask for any cash for rental, just that the propane tank is returned full. They have been very helpful in the past, so I am confident that they will be kind enough to help this event out and keep some fuel in the bellies of the little fishing fiends!

Can you please forward the sponsor package to me Chubb so that I can see about getting some other sponsors involved, such as NOV.

Depending on the wind, I will bring my wall tent as a shelter. Difficult to count on though as the wind down there can come up in an instant, and the tent itself could be dangerous. Any thoughts on this are welcome.

Spread the word! This will be an awesome time to get kids into some fish, and introduce the sport to new anglers.
Call you tomorrow buddy....thank you
Old 12-13-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
we will need water as well for the hot chocolate, and perhaps we could do up some coffee for the adults as well. I have a couple tipups, a gas auger, as well as a hand auger, tent and heater for warming up and watching the fish camera. can definitely scare up some minnows as well. The washrooms are pretty barebones, might be a good idea to have some hand sanitizer available as well and maybe more TP? .
maybe the kids can have a bit of a competition to come up with an event name?
good ideas WC
T.P. and sanitizer added to list
Old 12-13-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivers86 View Post
Sounds great chubb. This is all working out great.

x2 on the idea of giving the kids a chance to name the event. Would be fun for them
Thank you Sliver for all your work.....the fact you full filled the St Johns Ambulance equivilant, with a full blown medical professional is HUGE.

Thank you all for taking on jobs for a great event
Old 12-13-2011, 06:58 PM

anyone who is attempting to canvas for this event ...please contact me so we dont double up.
p.s. we are also restricted how we represent the event while solicitiing
Old 12-13-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
>Volunteers and Sponsors proudly present the 1st Annual Boys and Girls Club Icefishing Fun Day at Pine Coulee Reservoir
>
> The event will happen on FEB. 25th 2012, from 10am to 3pm. Weather permitting. Actual location will be determined with updated fishing reports prior to the event. The location must be in the general location of the boat launch parking lot to facilitate the buses and access to wash rooms
>In the event of bad weather the directors of the boys and girls club will make the final decision on the event proceeding.
> This is a non competitive event with every child being a winner and receiving a participation prize.
> Food and beverages will be provided for all in the form of hot-dogs and hot chocolate/juice.
> All liability insurance for the children will be provided by the B@G clubs and Walleye Unlimited will act as the liaison between the B&G club.
> The Boys and Girls club will be responsible for the transportation of the children
> Walleye Unlimited will have addressed the CFE issues if there is any.
>Walleye Unlimited will look after all licensing issues
> No alcohol or illegal substances are permitted.
> A first Aid kit will be on site for minor scrapes and all medical attention will be administerd by a B@G Club representative
> All participants will follow the Regulations of the Alberta Government
> SRD will be invited to attend in the event data can be collected and at the very least have lunch with us.
> Regional conservation officers will also be invited to overview the event and have lunch with us.
> All holes will be drilled prior to the start of the event and ice safety will be addressed. All tackle will be supplied by sponsors and volunteers. All bait will be supplied.
>All Childen will be asked to come dressed according to conditons and bring a lawn chair if possible.
>No snowmobiles or quads will be allowed for the childrens safety
> Events will include:
> 1- ICE FISHING
> 2-POSSIBLE SKATING, ICE DEPENDANT
> 3-A rotation system will be put in place for tent and camera time for the children
> 4-A GROUP PHOTO WILL BE TAKEN AND ITS OUR HOPE TO MAKE A SMALL VIDEO OF THE EVENT.
> 5-FOOD AND DRINKS WILL BE PROVIDED ALL DAY
> 6-VOLUNTEERS WILL MEET AT 8 AM FOR A LAST MINUTE TEAM MEETING AND SET-UP THE EVENT
>All fishing guide volunteers will be asked to bring Tip Ups if possible
> I have received a few contacts which state they are unable to attend for numerous reasons but would still like to help with monies. All monies will be used for the event and any excess will be passed on to a charitable organization. A complete break down will be released at the end of the event. On behalf of the children we thank you all for your contributions.
>
> I will make this perfectly clear: ANY AND ALL VOLUNTEERS DO NOT HAVE TO BE MEMBERS OF WALLEYE UNLIMITED AND AT NO TIME WILL YOU BE SOLICITATED TO JOIN. Walley Unlimited is a important connection to the B@G club with a history of holding prior events
>
> Enviroment issues will be the Walleye Unlimited clubs responsibilty. Garbage will be cleaned up by volunteers. Even a spilled drink like a hot chocalate will be shovelled up and removed from the lake. As a conservation organization leave only foot prints in the snow and on the ice. This is not debatable!!
> All fisherman unaware of the event will be treated with respect.
>This event is only possible with the generous spirit of all volunteers and the involvement of our sponsors. I ask everyone to support all the sponsors who have kindly donated to this event. Banners will proudly be flown at the event if provided and public printing of our appreciation will be announced.
>
>
> WE THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. YOUR KINDNESS WILL LIVE IN THE MEMORIES OF THE CHILDREN FOR MANY YEARS.
>
>
>
> TAKE A KID FISHING AND FISHING LIVES FOREVER

I am open to suggestions and modifications but please realize some of my decisions are bound by the legallities that have been made aware to me in my investigations.

thank you all

I have come to realize there is no time to decide a Name....some companies will require substantial time to decide their involvment.
So there it is.....simple and to the point.
I remind everyone, the time frame is short for a event done properly and legally.