Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 09-03-2013, 09:48 AM

Default fish trapped!

I went out fishing yesterday. Still can't believe the change s. Anyway I started out casting a big hopper and had some good luck. I would have stayed Ionger but a group of people were throwing and pushing logs into the water. I headed upstream to a spot I've been looking forward to hitting but the highway has been closed. Now its open. After a short bushwack I got to my spot. Sure enough I can see several white fish and a few cutts swimming around. The creek feeding this hole is now nothing more than a trickle. At the out flow side of this hole I see that it is also a trickle. And by trickle I mean wet gravel. The fish have no way out. I looked west and saw another pool separated from the creek and it was also teeming with fish.
I contacted fish and wildlife today to see if there is anything they can do. These fish probably won't survive if they dont get moved.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:53 AM

Give me a map location of the spot, i might go down and try to pull a few out to move some. I can probably grab a few the bulls with dry flies, but the white fish i am all out of prince nymphs atm, See if i can tie some more before heading down.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
I went out fishing yesterday. Still can't believe the change s. Anyway I started out casting a big hopper and had some good luck. I would have stayed Ionger but a group of people were throwing and pushing logs into the water. I headed upstream to a spot I've been looking forward to hitting but the highway has been closed. Now its open. After a short bushwack I got to my spot. Sure enough I can see several white fish and a few cutts swimming around. The creek feeding this hole is now nothing more than a trickle. At the out flow side of this hole I see that it is also a trickle. And by trickle I mean wet gravel. The fish have no way out. I looked west and saw another pool separated from the creek and it was also teeming with fish.
I contacted fish and wildlife today to see if there is anything they can do. These fish probably won't survive if they dont get moved.

Try calling trout unlimited, they have been rescuing fish all summer long and would be your best bet I would think
Old 09-03-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman View Post
Try calling trout unlimited, they have been rescuing fish all summer long and would be your best bet I would think
Thanks. Im calling right now.