Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-19-2018, 10:29 AM

Default PCP Air Tanks Refill Calgary

Where do you get yourPCP tanks filled & how much .Calgary Thanks
Old 08-19-2018, 11:19 AM

Old 08-19-2018, 01:38 PM

Same place that I get my carfentanil and heroin from.

What the heck is a PCP tank? Or is that a typo?

Ahh, good old Google: Pre Compressed Pnuematic. Like for those CO2 tank belt packs with regulators for powering a pneumatic nail gun or such from the same cylinder as a paintball gun.

I've seen them fill bottles at the Southland Canadian Tire for paintballers. I've previously had liquid-discharge CO2 tanks that were for a pipe-freezing tool arrangement, with those I'd just need an adapter hose to fill smaller tanks from them.

I would doubt that a welding supplier would want to deal in such small quantities, probably best bet is a paintball shop or sporting goods place that sells paintball stuff.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:40 PM

Double tap
Old 08-19-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Same place that I get my carfentanil and heroin from.

What the heck is a PCP tank? Or is that a typo?

Ahh, good old Google: Pre Compressed Pnuematic. Like for those CO2 tank belt packs with regulators for powering a pneumatic nail gun or such from the same cylinder as a paintball gun.

I've seen them fill bottles at the Southland Canadian Tire for paintballers. I've previously had liquid-discharge CO2 tanks that were for a pipe-freezing tool arrangement, with those I'd just need an adapter hose to fill smaller tanks from them.

I would doubt that a welding supplier would want to deal in such small quantities, probably best bet is a paintball shop or sporting goods place that sells paintball stuff.
PCP Stands for Pre -Charged Pnuematics Air rifles & Pistols .177 cal -50 cal Pellets & Balls..Although there in the works developing a rifle that shoots a 891 grain ball,using Helium as the gas propellant.. You tube video of the whole build & test firing..
Old 08-19-2018, 03:55 PM

Try a scuba shop or safety supply stores that refill scba tanks, I heard it was $45 for an initial fill and purge from empty and something like $15 from 3000psi to 4500.

For smaller tanks 90cu 4500psi “paintball” type tanks try paintball shops or fields that have a compressor, I don’t know of the price as i’ve been out of that game for a number of years.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallieho View Post
PCP Stands for Pre -Charged Pnuematics Air rifles & Pistols .177 cal -50 cal Pellets & Balls..Although there in the works developing a rifle that shoots a 891 grain ball,using Helium as the gas propellant.. You tube video of the whole build & test firing..
Being that the acronym was already in use long before those became a thing 'they' should have selected something else:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phencyclidine
Old 08-19-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Being that the acronym was already in use long before those became a thing 'they' should have selected something else:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phencyclidine

Most refer to them as scuba tanks as that was there intended purpose.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:04 PM

Not calgary but i get mine filled by paintball shops. I pay $15. Most time i have to leave overnight so there compressors are filled first thing in am to get my 4500. Price probably depends on size of tank. I heard of scuba shops as well
Old 08-19-2018, 10:26 PM

Kost fire , 90cu at 4500psi is ten bucks

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 08-19-2018, 11:39 PM

Thank you fellow A/o's
I use a scuba tank and is down on psi. I will try Kost Fire, a few scuba shops I talked to wont fill them because of liability
Jh
Old 08-20-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Henry View Post
Thank you fellow A/o's
I use a scuba tank and is down on psi. I will try Kost Fire, a few scuba shops I talked to wont fill them because of liability
Jh
As a diver who has had lots of scuba tanks filled for both scuba and paintball. Most dive shops will not fill the tank of someone who is not certified. A Paintball proshop or paintball field may do it. If you know a firefighter sometimes you can get air.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Henry View Post
Thank you fellow A/o's
Jh
I’ve heard of people getting “not for diving” labels put on their tanks then the scuba shops would fill them.