Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-19-2018, 12:01 PM

Default Recommendations for Re Shingle Roof/Calgary

Anyone have any recommendations good or bad (who to avoid) for re shingling residential roof in Calgary.
If you might know someone with all the insurance and wcb qualifications, etc. Does good work, clean and efficient please let me know as I would like to get a couple quotes for the work. thanks
Old 08-19-2018, 12:39 PM

Jamieson Roofing did our place last year- I would recommend/hire him again in the future. Small company, very professional and efficient. The owner was willing to answer questions/offer advice that other firms did the "Uh, well, huh, um" about, which means a lot when you are evaluating different products/solutions in an unfamiliar market.
Ph: 403-404-3874
FTR- he replaced our cedar shake roof with HD architectural shingles on schedule and at a competitive price.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 08-19-2018, 08:40 PM

Default Use the search tool

Use the search tool, this was a thread not too long ago,
I've had good results with Epic roofing
WDF
Old 08-19-2018, 08:48 PM

SunWest Roofing did my place last year. A neighbor and I did a bunch of quote comparisons. Fair price, great workmanship and thorough cleanup. Totally hassle free.

Nice crew and the price was $1000's less that the big guys.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:40 AM

City Boss is really good. they have always done a great job and good prices.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevarm guy View Post
Anyone have any recommendations good or bad (who to avoid) for re shingling residential roof in Calgary.
If you might know someone with all the insurance and wcb qualifications, etc. Does good work, clean and efficient please let me know as I would like to get a couple quotes for the work. thanks
PM incoming...regarding the "quality of work" from a certain roofing company.

Last edited by tacomama; 08-20-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spd View Post
City Boss is really good. they have always done a great job and good prices.
Got a decent quote from City Boss and had a good feeling about them, but cheaped out a little a used a different company with regrets.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:05 AM

I went through this last summer, got at least 8 quotes, and ended up using (pm for the company name). Although they had really great reviews and the price was 2-4 grand less than most of the other quotes I got, the work was bad and the owner lied to me. I specifically asked if he uses subcontractors or if they are all company employees, he said no employees only, sub-contractors actually showed up at my house to do the work. After it was all done, which was really fast, 1 day to remove and install shingles on my bungalow and double detached garage, I went up on the roof for the final inspection. Horrible! They had over 40 exposed nails that were not hidden under the next row of shingles, hence 40 leaks that would start eventually. I made them rip all the affected shingles out and reinstall properly. They did this once and still missed a few so they had to come back again the second time. The owner kept telling me that its ok but I am not stupid. The clean up was bad too, they went over the areas around the house a couple times with a magnet but missed so much, made them come back a couple times too for a good clean up since I found many nails still in the grass and behind my garage in the alley where I pull out from my garage. Horrible stressful experience and I saved a couple grand. Totally not reputable company and not worth the savings in my opinion. My suggestion is to go with some of the bigger names in Calgary as they most likely do a better job.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:29 PM

Southern Alberta Construction. Timely, professional, answered all my questions and quick to phone back after a message left.

They were a recommendation by my insurance company.

J.