Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-22-2012, 07:33 AM

I went to college to become a F&W/Park Ranger. This was my dream job when I was younger for sure. I went and did the schooling and loved every minute of it. Got out and pursued it for a bit but, like stated above, it was seasonal and hard to keep going for myself and I started to get bigger opportunities. With the education though I have worked in various similar fields being fish studies for the BC and AB Gov, Wildlife tracking & oilfield related enviro now, mostly on the consulting side. Either way if you like the outdoors and want a position in it, you will find one. And if you are OK with a bit of seasonal work on and off for a few years, as a bunch of my friends were, you will get into your chosen profession. Just enjoy the ride.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinCrazyy View Post
The guy on the game warden link or Q?
QIsley is Quentin Isley the District Fish and Wildlife Officer in Spruce Grove (if the gov website is up to date). Very easy guy to talk to, very knowledgeable.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinCrazyy View Post
Thanks, kinda got my heart set on this. They are predicting to have lots more jobs in the next few years, so by the time in done college.
If you feel this is something that you'll love doing then I say go for it. When you love your job, life is so much better. It took me years to land the job of my dreams, life seems so much more rewarding when you're doing something you love.