Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2012, 10:05 PM

The way I see it, Klein paved the way for his successors to do anything they want without public consultation. Just like he did. And, just like many of the things you mentioned, they are doing it just like Klein did. And the voters gave them, and him the power to do that.

Basing budgets on oil. Once he left, oil tanked for his successor creating a rather large deficit. If he remained in power for those times, it would have happened to him. I'm sure he saw that coming.

Klein promised and end to health care premiums. The next in line dumped the premiums, and oil tanked. Creating an even bigger deficit. Stelmac followed Kleins party line and it created a deficit. Of course, other provinces use sales tax to pay for health care, but not for Klein, he gambled with oil. I'm sure they realize now that gambling on oil doesnt work as they are thinking sales tax. How else are we going to make that money back? More gambling?

Closed door party meetings? Didnt Klein create those? Of course his party is going to do the same thing now. Its how he made it. Its the party line. You let him do it before, his successors will keep doing it. Think potato gate. Who knew? Or property rights? Transmission lines.

This ALL has to do with Klein. All the way. If he was still in, this deficit would be happening to him. The drunken gambler knew when to fold em. The table went cold, and the next gamblers had no choice but to play the loosing streak.

Then, making it illegal to run a deficit? Holy flipperooney guys!! I bet that kept the voters voting for PC. What an absolutely silly law! You actually bought that one?

Yes, it is him that did this to our province, and the ripple effect is still spreading on the water.

This is the PC's YOU created by voting the drunk. This is what YOU wanted from your PC's as you voted him majorities letting him do whatever he wants. And now, this is the PC's you get to run our province now. Everything that the party and its leaders are doing now are exactly what he did, but it was ok for him to do it, cause he was a nice guy with personality.

Thanks for the sales tax Klein voters! Thats what you voted for. And you will have no say when they bring it in. Thats how Klein set it up. people have no say in anything, anymore in this province.

Such a great party you let him create. Just wonderful!

Isnt there also hundreds of millions in unpaid royalties out there? Thats right, the PCs overlook that. Just like Klein did.

Fix that! Not a chance. You cant buy back everything he sold off to create a Zero deficit. Now we will just keep paying for what we sold. Paying being the key word.

Yah were paying allright. Just like they want us to do.

STEELHEAD

Last edited by steelhead; 11-21-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Haha, as soon as Saskatchewan starts getting good, the libs will show up like the locusts they are and pick the bones clean there before moving on to the next crop. It's what they do, never quite understanding why every geographic location they occupy seems to go in the tank shortly after they arrive. They show up to take advantage of a prosperous region, make fun of the conservatives there, vote in their liberal incompetents, destroy the economy, and move on. Happens all the time.
Couldn't be more in agreement !
Old 11-22-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
The way I see it, Klein paved the way for his successors to do anything they want without public consultation. Just like he did. And, just like many of the things you mentioned, they are doing it just like Klein did. And the voters gave them, and him the power to do that.

Basing budgets on oil. Once he left, oil tanked for his successor creating a rather large deficit. If he remained in power for those times, it would have happened to him. I'm sure he saw that coming.

Klein promised and end to health care premiums. The next in line dumped the premiums, and oil tanked. Creating an even bigger deficit. Stelmac followed Kleins party line and it created a deficit. Of course, other provinces use sales tax to pay for health care, but not for Klein, he gambled with oil. I'm sure they realize now that gambling on oil doesnt work as they are thinking sales tax. How else are we going to make that money back? More gambling?

Closed door party meetings? Didnt Klein create those? Of course his party is going to do the same thing now. Its how he made it. Its the party line. You let him do it before, his successors will keep doing it. Think potato gate. Who knew? Or property rights? Transmission lines.

This ALL has to do with Klein. All the way. If he was still in, this deficit would be happening to him. The drunken gambler knew when to fold em. The table went cold, and the next gamblers had no choice but to play the loosing streak.

Then, making it illegal to run a deficit? Holy flipperooney guys!! I bet that kept the voters voting for PC. What an absolutely silly law! You actually bought that one?

Yes, it is him that did this to our province, and the ripple effect is still spreading on the water.

This is the PC's YOU created by voting the drunk. This is what YOU wanted from your PC's as you voted him majorities letting him do whatever he wants. And now, this is the PC's you get to run our province now. Everything that the party and its leaders are doing now are exactly what he did, but it was ok for him to do it, cause he was a nice guy with personality.

Thanks for the sales tax Klein voters! Thats what you voted for. And you will have no say when they bring it in. Thats how Klein set it up. people have no say in anything, anymore in this province.

Isnt there also hundreds of millions in unpaid royalties out there? Thats right, the PCs overlook that. Just like Klein did.

Fix that! Not a chance. You cant buy back everything he sold off to create a Zero deficit. Now we will just keep paying for what we sold. Paying being the key word.

STEELHEAD
Are you from BC?
You have such a hard-on going for Klien, that your short of blood supply to the brain.
Get off.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead View Post

STEELHEAD
Interesting take on things. Not sure if I would agree, but interesting points made just the same.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:43 AM

The political system in Alberta is one party, it has been for 40 years. It's so easy to blame the last guy. That is how a lawyer (and my ex wife) argues, bring up so many things until what the real issue was is buried so far you can't argue anymore and move on to the next thing.

Ralph, Eddie or Allison they are cut from the same cloth, just get my nose in the trough. I don't care who is in power, it's the same party. Period. They have been looting the taxpayers for years. Voting themselves huge raises, lying, paying for personal things with public money, make work (money) projects for their cronies, we're going to balance the budget.............ooops maybe not, vote for me teachers and I will get you 100 million, open door/closed door meetings blah blah. Now that there is an opposition that can shine the light on these things we will actually see how much they have pizzed away while we work to replenish the coffers for them.

Ralph told us it was gonna hurt when the cuts came. Eddie mumbled and flip flopped but Redford is the worst in my opinion, she campaigned on honesty and transparency. That my friends is the biggest joke of all. If she had a cookie in her hand while she was running away from answering it would have been deja vu of Steven Duckett. Remember what happened to him? Canned, but Steven don't forget the rest of your contract dollars. How much did that cost you and I? Add that to the list.

LB

P.S. I didn't vote PC either........it's time for a change. Let some new pigs into the trough.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB 270 View Post
Now that there is an opposition that can shine the light on these things we will actually see how much they have pizzed away while we work to replenish the coffers for them.
If there was an elected opposition we would not see any of the problems, but now that we have a disgruntled lot that the PC party has pushed away from their turn at the trough - they know where to tell people to look because they been there, done that.
Poor babies.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
If there was an elected opposition we would not see any of the problems, but now that we have a disgruntled lot that the PC party has pushed away from their turn at the trough - they know where to tell people to look because they been there, done that.
Poor babies.
"Poor Babies"

Or: "One's greatest enemy comes from within"

Or "Cancer kills"
Old 11-22-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey100 View Post
They all suck! Until people start standing up and do some real change it will just be the continual downhill slope Alberta and well North America will continue to go down. Government has jumped way out of line with fat pensions that common folk could only dream of , down to snow removal from their roads when nobody else gets theirs done(witnessed that one). Do I know the answer? Hell no ! If I did I would be the first guy in line .
X2. All they care about is getting that 4 year Term. They'll do anything for it.