Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2012, 10:36 PM

Default Aint it funny how little things can make someones day

Went to the beer store tonight. As I was paying I noticed these two sketchy people kind of lingering, a native man and women. I could see the girl working wasn't overly comfortable with them hanging around. So I paid for my beer, but instead of leaving I decided to strike up a little conversation with the lady. After 45 minutes of BS'ing and being asked for money about 5 times and hearing their whole life story they finally decided to leave. Just as the door closed the lady working looked at me and said thanks. I asked for what and she said you know why. I laughed and said no problem. She told me about 10 people came in before me and noticed the same thing as me but just left.

She told me she was getting nervous and was grateful that I came I and hung around. She thanked me several times before I left.

Sometimes it doesn't take much to make someone happy. Sure it was 45 minutes but the look on her face when they left was totally worth the slight inconvenience to my beer drinking night.

I guess what im trying to say, is tomorrow do something nice for someone. Alot of the time it wont cost you anything but a few minutes of your time.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:42 PM

Good for you buddy,you probably saved her from a bad experiance.
PG
Old 11-21-2012, 10:43 PM

.... and it isn't always financially, it's also about lending a helping hand where you can.

Go on you!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doetracks View Post
.... and it isn't always financially, it's also about lending a helping hand where you can.

Go on you!!!
x 100000 !!!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post

I guess what im trying to say, is tomorrow do something nice for someone. Alot of the time it wont cost you anything but a few minutes of your time.
I'm not surprised, I always knew you were a nice guy.

Well done, Sir!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-21-2012, 11:12 PM

That was such a nice thing to do! Gotta love Gentlemen
Old 11-21-2012, 11:13 PM

oooohhh, im not usually called a gentelamn. Or called sir, unless it sir, your making a seen lol
Old 11-21-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
oooohhh, im not usually called a gentelamn. Or called sir, unless it sir, your making a seen lol
Good on you for stepping up to the plate- chivalry ain't dead!
Cat
Old 11-21-2012, 11:18 PM

You probably made her night...I've been in similar situations that didn't turn out as well.
Good for you!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:19 PM

Thumbs up

Old 11-21-2012, 11:23 PM

Wow, 9 replies and nobody called him racist for singling out natives. Things are looking up on AO!

Now before I get jumped on I'm just noting that sketchy people come in all varieties, and he just happened to note one distinguishing feature of them. It coulda just as easily been some lefthanded redheads! (never trust them)

"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Sir Edmund Burke

Ever notice how easy it is to make bad people go away by getting in their face? Way too many people go about with their heads down thinking they'll just mind their own business and let things get handled by someone else. Looks like Leeaspells "someone else"!

Last edited by CaberTosser; 11-21-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Wow, 9 replies and nobody called him racist for singling out natives. Things are looking up on AO!

Now before I get jumped on I'm just noting that sketchy people come in all varieties, and he just happened to note one distinguishing feature of them. It coulda just as easily been some lefthanded redheads! (never trust them)
....tank goodknees I am no "Gingey" or we'd be hav'n werds

LC
Old 11-21-2012, 11:27 PM

Well played sir, stay thirsty!

And who said that drinking on a school night would never lead to something good? lol
Old 11-21-2012, 11:29 PM

I am suprised too, I expected a flaming for saying their race lol. But facts are facts, they were native. it is what it is. If they they were Russian I would have said they were Russian lol
Old 11-21-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Hahaha! Shh...don't ruin the fantasy for us ladies
Old 11-21-2012, 11:30 PM

And does "Sir, please step out of the vehicle" count?
Old 11-21-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewalt18 View Post
And does "Sir, please step out of the vehicle" count?
Of Course it counts because that leads to, "Sir, we are going to need you to put your pants back on."
Old 11-21-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Type13X2 View Post
, "Sir, we are going to need you to put your pants back on."
Wow.... Brings back memories. Treeguy confided in me one time, about when he and cabertosser got 'detained'. I almost was able to forget that story until today!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Of Course it counts because that leads to, "Sir, we are going to need you to put your pants back on."
Lol! God I hate when that happens. Especially when they call me sir
Old 11-21-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGirlWolfPack View Post
psh... that only happens when the officer is drunker then you are..

Story time folks...

A few years back I lost a bet so I had to spend the entire evening in a banana hammock and fairy wings + a wand. It was mid November kinda like now. Anyways as the night went on we decided to go out and I got separated from the group. So there I am in a manthong with fairy wings on half a 26 of Scotch deep it is -10... I hear sirens turn around there's 2 female police officers standing there. They ask for my ID and I laugh and say something like where would I be keeping that. Long story short as they are handcuffing me and putting me in the back of their car I say, "I like where this is going." So the next day I get picked up from the drunk tank by my friends and we go out to Wendy's with no additional clothes involved.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGirlWolfPack View Post
I'm sorry!!!
I already told you, it was dark and I'd been drinking.
Wait, I thought we agreed we weren't going to tell this story. . .

Old 11-21-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
psh... that only happens when the officer is drunker then you are..

Story time folks...

A few years back I lost a bet so I had to spend the entire evening in a banana hammock and fairy wings + a wand. It was mid November kinda like now. Anyways as the night went on we decided to go out and I got separated from the group. So there I am in a manthong with fairy wings on half a 26 of Scotch deep it is -10... I hear sirens turn around there's 2 female police officers standing there. They ask for my ID and I laugh and say something like where would I be keeping that. Long story short as they are handcuffing me and putting me in the back of their car I say, "I like where this is going." So the next day I get picked up from the drunk tank by my friends and we go out to Wendy's with no additional clothes involved.
Thanks for that, I was due to clean the computer screen!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks for that, I was due to clean the computer screen!!!
Your welcome, I am a firm believer that happy hour is for amateurs. Hell this isn't even my best story, I once wore a camel pack filled with everclear, Pineapple Juice and sprite. That day didn't go at all how it was supposed to.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Your welcome, I am a firm believer that happy hour is for amateurs. Hell this isn't even my best story, I once wore a camel pack filled with everclear, Pineapple Juice and sprite. That day didn't go at all how it was supposed to.
If that's what you were packing I'd say the day would have turned out exactly as it was supposed to!!! lol
Old 11-22-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
If that's what you were packing I'd say the day would have turned out exactly as it was supposed to!!! lol
Yeah... But I was not supposed to end up sleeping in the front yard after attempting to fight the moon for being "condescending". It should be noted that I am a happy drunk not a violent one. But apparently the moon had this coming and I had to be talked down from a roof as I was trying to get up there to settle it like a man.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:53 AM

Location: Just this side of no-where on the edge of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post

"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Sir Edmund Burke

Ever notice how easy it is to make bad people go away by getting in their face? Way too many people go about with their heads down thinking they'll just mind their own business and let things get handled by someone else. Looks like Leeaspells "someone else"!

Ya gotta watch all left handed people....they are sinister!

Now I'll just step back and see how many people get that joke.
Regards,
Dave.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:38 AM

Very well played, Sir!

I'm in sales and answer a lot of phone calls. A lot of them are people from the States. They will use the word Sir in almost every sentence, espesialy the people from Mississippi. Must be thier military experiance. Man do I ever like that Mississippi accent.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Went to the beer store tonight. As I was paying I noticed these two sketchy people kind of lingering, a native man and women. I could see the girl working wasn't overly comfortable with them hanging around. So I paid for my beer, but instead of leaving I decided to strike up a little conversation with the lady. After 45 minutes of BS'ing and being asked for money about 5 times and hearing their whole life story they finally decided to leave. Just as the door closed the lady working looked at me and said thanks. I asked for what and she said you know why. I laughed and said no problem. She told me about 10 people came in before me and noticed the same thing as me but just left.

She told me she was getting nervous and was grateful that I came I and hung around. She thanked me several times before I left.

Sometimes it doesn't take much to make someone happy. Sure it was 45 minutes but the look on her face when they left was totally worth the slight inconvenience to my beer drinking night.

Well done!!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
.."Just as the door closed the lady working looked at me and said thanks. I asked for what and she said you know why. I laughed and said no problem. She told me about 10 people came in before me and noticed the same thing as me but just left.

Your story would have been perfect if as you were about to leave you jokingly asked her for some money.
Looks like leeaspell now has some karma saving in the bank,good job.

Last edited by tri777; 11-22-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:06 AM

You did a good thing. But you could have saved yourself some time if you had just asked the woman if she would like you to ask the individuals to leave. People who are not actually shopping have no right to remain in a store and beg.