Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-09-2009, 11:03 PM

Default GENESEE or LEDUC RANGE

Hey guys I am new to Edmonton, so I don't know my way around at all. I just bought a membership to Genesse through CHAS. I want to go shooting tomorrow and I was wondering if any of you are members or know how to get to the genesee range from edmonton. Or is this range also known as the leduc range? Anything would help, thanks alot.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:29 PM

The Genessee range is used by CHAS members and as far as I know, its called the Genessee range.

Take the Yellowhead heading west. Go past Spruce Grove, and keep going til you see the huge exit for Hwy 43 North. OPPOSITE that is Hwy 770 South. Turn left onto Hwy 770 and follow it for about 20 minutes. You will come to a long hill going down then over a bridge spanning a river then a climb back up. As you're climbing up, the road will curve to the left...keep an eye open for the first right turn. Turn there and immediately turn left so you are running parralell to the hiway. Follow the signs.
I hear the road into the range is pretty good from the warm weather we've had that melted the snow on the steep hill just outside the range. A four wheel drive vehicle is advised to use in winter and early spring.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:40 PM

Thanks for the info. I went there this afternoon, it was very well set up! The only thing I think it needed was a few cleaner members to pick up their brass. Mind you because of that I must have collected atleast 200 rounds or 223 (what looked to be once fired), free brass for me! haha