Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-19-2012, 12:01 PM

I finally fiqured it all out how to post a video, it was a long process for me.... anyhow. hehe

Another day at the office.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9atGQHJXSyo

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 12-19-2012, 12:55 PM

Honda450,

Your video is private. You need to change the settings to Public if you want people to be able to watch it.

D
Old 12-19-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dforsbloom View Post
Honda450,

Your video is private. You need to change the settings to Public if you want people to be able to watch it.

D
Hehe I told ya I was a new movie maker. Thanks I will do that if I know how.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 12-19-2012, 01:09 PM

I guess I could have given more details. The private/public setting is on your youtube acct. Go to your video, click "edit" and then change the "privacy settings" on the video to "public".

Then we all should be able to see how much better an Argo is than a SXS. Unless this video shows otherwise, then don't change anything because we don't want people see that!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Honda450,

D
Think I did it now. Let me know. Dang puters. hehe

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 12-19-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:

Then we all should be able to see how much better an Argo is than a SXS. Unless this video shows otherwise, then don't change anything because we don't want people see that!
No doubt of that a side by side could not follow me if I broke trail. hehe

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 12-19-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
Hehe I told ya I was a new movie maker. Thanks I will do that if I know how.
Video works now.
Too bad you didn't get any shots of the machine and running gear.

BW
Old 12-19-2012, 02:00 PM

argo,overpriced antique design,but they float.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:47 PM

Default Hunting machine

These are our 6x6 rangers. We have been able to outfit them with tracks on the rear axles. They can easily haul out 2 moose and gear. Very comfortable and will almost go through anything. Like everything, bring extra parts along.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 139.JPG (156.2 KB, 76 views)
Old 12-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Banned

that video was awesome, holy crap what a little tank
Old 12-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abalon View Post
These are our 6x6 rangers. We have been able to outfit them with tracks on the rear axles. They can easily haul out 2 moose and gear. Very comfortable and will almost go through anything. Like everything, bring extra parts along.

No,, not like anything.. I run a Honda not needed when you leave home you leave home in confidence you will make it back.

Last edited by Walleyes; 12-19-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Video works now.
Too bad you didn't get any shots of the machine and running gear.

BW
Thanks glad to see it works now. New at all this movie stuff.

Will take shots next summer of the running gear etc. They sit in the warehouse now waiting for next years torture. And they want to go. hehe

I carry tow strap in my Polaris just for you Walleyes.

I mean just to tow ya out of those soft spots. hehee

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 12-19-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
No,, not like anything.. I run a Honda not needed when you leave home you leave home in confidence you will make it back.
Yah, but Honda's aren't from this planet. Here in the realm of mortals we carry spare parts

I do admit,nothing is tougher than a 450 foreman Honda. Seen way too many last over way too long to dispute it.

But Argos still rule for work and ability.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
Can those with tracks on thier Rhinos advise on a few things please?
1) Difficulty to steer in snow.
2) Enough power & speed
3) Reliability
4) Fine snow spray, this is a bit of an issue with the argo as well but maybe not as bad.
One fellow told me that his ranger threw up so much snow that it filled his box. Yikes

And one last: Would a 6X6 Ranger be that much better in snow without tracks.
Sorry somehow missed this thread for a bit??? Honestly the 6x6 Ranger especially the solid axle older version wasn't any better in the snow then a quad. Now the new fully independant 6x6 makes a night and day difference! I have 14" of ground clearance with the back four shocks on the softest setting! There hasn't been a place I haven't been able to back out of yet pushing snow up to the headlights even while towing a Yamaha Nitro a month ago through half frozen muskeg:

The tracks don't steer bad at all in the snow without power steering until almost at a stand still and super low less than 5mph speeds.

20 MPH tops, seems to be the same from my more utility orientated Ranger 6x6's to the exact same track setup on a Rzr 800. Just busted up the Rzr bad rescuing my buddy on his 6x6 in a ravine in -28C weather. I didn't have the anti-rotation bars on and hit the only non-frozen underground muskeg spring on the cutline at 15-20mph in high range and sent one back track half way around through the box! Plastic everywhere! Always the back one's, front one made it over fine. They don't like climbing ledges or logs without studs in the tracks. Anything over a foot tall flat without a taper seems to make them spin and not catch the obstacle to climb over without a ramp of sorts....

Very, very reliable in the snow, amazing and strong like you wouldn't believe! Trust me... LOL Almost wrote off the second sxs on them and the frame is just unbreakable! Hook up a sling and winch to the track frames and yank all you want! Tatou 4S UTV that is....

The 500 Ranger 6x6 was clipping along WOT down the cutline on a hard pack Hagglund trail and I could pass around him in 1 1/2ft of deep powder on the Rzr. Pretty impressive, all this after the damage btw... LOL, I'll be ordering the a-arm brackets for the Rzr yup. Fine for snow plowing the driveway, just no technical or track off the ground situations like getting stuck and such...

The snow spray isn't too bad I find? You get it with tires too, people just seem to not think so for some reason? Definitely filling your box seems like a big exagerration? lol

Old 12-22-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
No doubt of that a side by side could not follow me if I broke trail. hehe
It's on! Track to track, tire to tire, just say when ;-)

Your video is neat, but been der, dun dat. I get mat at my dad when he does that cause I'M the one that has to fix it! Perfect way to find that nice nasty spear of a branch to drive through you belly pan, cv boot, or any plastic piece for the matter! I drove one almost through the dash of my 6x6 this season that way.

Most guys around here drive their Argo's like that cause they don't own them and simply bring them back to Pioneer ATV rentals to deal with the damage. Argo's still have axles, and them thorn bushes tear up the seals on the axles no different than the quads. The Argo does steer better between the trees with the brake steer however!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abalon View Post
4orce inovation makes a similar setup now with a "paws" kit to put over the front tires as well. That's the weakest link on the 6x6's for floatation, even with 30" tires!

Do yourself a favour if you like the 6x6 and upgrade to the new full independant 2010 and newer model 6x6. No comparison and feels like your driving a 4x4 WITH power steering since it steers so much nicer! We still have dad's old 2002 500 6x6 but that rear axle sucks! Once stuck you ain't backing up ever as it "knifes" in the muskeg....
Old 12-22-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
It's on! Track to track, tire to tire, just say when ;-)

Your video is neat, but been der, dun dat. I get mat at my dad when he does that cause I'M the one that has to fix it! Perfect way to find that nice nasty spear of a branch to drive through you belly pan, cv boot, or any plastic piece for the matter! I drove one almost through the dash of my 6x6 this season that way.

Most guys around here drive their Argo's like that cause they don't own them and simply bring them back to Pioneer ATV rentals to deal with the damage. Argo's still have axles, and them thorn bushes tear up the seals on the axles no different than the quads. The Argo does steer better between the trees with the brake steer however!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I finally fiqured it all out how to post a video, it was a long process for me.... anyhow. hehe

Another day at the office.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9atGQHJXSyo
you need to mount a turret gun on your tank.....opps, i mean argo.

argos always impress me with how well they can go through bush, neat vid.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:34 AM

side by side's are really great, i like them, quads have there use's but this conversation should not really be happening. All this talk about Argo falling apart is not true. I have never been stranded. Maintain and problem solved, they work. If you dont mind going max 25km an Argo will get you there. There is a joke that goes something like this.....A young and old bull are on a hill looking down at some cows. They young bull says lets run down and screw one of those cows, the old bull replys let's walk down and screw em all!! its about the same with argo's, you may beat us too the swamps and muskeg, but you won't beat us across!!