Old 02-20-2020, 08:28 PM

Default Buffalo declaration::A separate west is taking shape

https://buffalodeclaration.com/ post your thoughts

The crap has hit the fan thanks to sparkle socks and his tantrum:

M.P. Michelle Rempel Garner
M.P. Blake Richards
M.P. Glen Motz
M.P. Arnold Viersen

My reply.............Castle Law and the Right to keep and bear arms, freedom of expression, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, freedom to travel without restrictions, freedom to own and defend ones property, Recall of Parliament or politicians by 65% public vote on a referendum. Fair and equal political representation North, South ,East or West, regardless of population but by elected Senators (4-6) who represent the people and not the party, and have equal voices at the table. A "president" who is elected by the people.....NOT by seats in a house but by a totally separate Ballot. A standing military and a totally separate police force from Government control..BUT with government over sight and dismissal if deemed so by the general population....P.S. I should have added get rid of the Indian act as well.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:40 PM
Banned

Freedom of religion is one of the worst things that the west has ever adopted. Leading to nothing but problems in Western Europe and North America. There is strong attitudes developing about foreign based religions and regardless of how lax the laws are, people will come to their own conclusions. Most of what you promoted works well tho
Old 02-20-2020, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn87 View Post
Freedom of religion is one of the worst things that the west has ever adopted. Leading to nothing but problems in Western Europe and North America. There is strong attitudes developing about foreign based religions and regardless of how lax the laws are, people will come to their own conclusions. Most of what you promoted works well tho
The religion problem started occuring when Canada become this thing called the "welfare state". And welfare is not a free; oh no good sir, it's paid for by people like you, the tax payer. And since Native Canadians aren't having enough kids (i.e. below replacement level), the Canadian government is forced to import in immigrants to keep the welfare state afloat (Keep the tax base up).

The funny about this whole issue is we wouldn't even have problems with immigrants with different religions if Canada didn't have a welfare state to begin with. Since the major reason most people want to immigrant here now is for the welfare that Canada gives.

The same welfare state that Canadians voted for. heh~
Old 02-20-2020, 09:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaHunter View Post
The religion problem started occuring when Canada become this thing called the "welfare state". And welfare is not a free; oh no good sir, it's paid for by people like you, the tax payer. And since Native Canadians aren't having enough kids (i.e. below replacement level), the Canadian government is forced to import in immigrants to keep the welfare state afloat (Keep the tax base up).

The funny about this whole issue is we wouldn't even have problems with immigrants with different religions if Canada didn't have a welfare state to begin with. Since the major reason most people want to immigrant here now is for the welfare that Canada gives.

The same welfare state that Canadians voted for. heh~
That’s pretty accurate
Old 02-20-2020, 09:26 PM

Good on them.

Where are all the other CPC Alberta MPs though?

Also, if Buffalo Declaration would have been nice to see some Saskatchewan rep.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn87 View Post
I would say the movement away from a Judeao/christian society is more of a cause. Freedom of religion definitely is not the problem. Unless however you have determined that your religion is better and thus no others may be allowed? I include Atheism in the giant banner of religions there btw
Old 02-20-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
Good on them.

Where are all the other CPC Alberta MPs though?

Also, if Buffalo Declaration would have been nice to see some Saskatchewan rep.
I've been texting my MP and asking that same question. His answer to me wasn't really satisfactory, but that has often been the case.

Anyway, I like the declaration. I have strong doubts that anything will come of it. The Liberal ruling class and Pope Justin obviously couldn't care less, when they have actively kneecapped Alberta over and over at every turn.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-20-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post
I would say the movement away from a Judeao/christian society is more of a cause. Freedom of religion definitely is not the problem. Unless however you have determined that your religion is better and thus no others may be allowed? I include Atheism in the giant banner of religions there btw
The French figured out in 1789, there has to be separation of Church and State in government. No special treatment or accommodation for any religion.

Grizz
Old 02-20-2020, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
The French figured out in 1789, there has to be separation of Church and State in government. No special treatment or accommodation for any religion.

Grizz
Seperation of state and Church is good, that is not the same as removing freedom of religion
Old 02-20-2020, 10:06 PM

Most people are not aware that the original definition of separation of church and state was that the state did not interfere with the church......they assume it means that the church does not interfere with the state
Old 02-20-2020, 10:34 PM

I'm down with most of that, though the recall percentage should be lower, say 57% to 60%. It would still be a distinct majority, just easier to achieve.

If we had equal representation by population, Alberta would be better off as we'd have a new more MP's. Vastly over-represented provinces would lose MP's (PEI would go from 4 to 1). If nothing else, I would go for equal rep by pop, we in AB have been getting cheated by that for decades. EG: the most under-represented riding has 158K citizens, in Edmonton. A riding in Calgary has 148K (numbers are old though, the best #'s Elections Canada posted before last fall's elections were from 2015). #'s for Ontario and Quebec curiously have far lower #'s.

I am absolutely down with the full scrapping of the Indian Act and having a single rule of law and equal benefits for all. Equal opportunity to succeed and equal opportunity to fail; and the exact same consequences, be they good ones or bad, for everything.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 02-20-2020 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:00 AM

https://www.facebook.com/michellerem...1941582561324/

If the religion thing bothers you fine..I am not a "christian" but freedom is freedom......for all

Please watch the link above...go to the web site and make your own suggestions. I am not trying to win any votes here just giving you my take and some information...you decide what is best.

www.buffalodeclaration.ca
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:02 AM
Banned

I didn't see anything in the declaration about firearms protection. Did I miss that?
Old 02-21-2020, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
I didn't see anything in the declaration about firearms protection. Did I miss that?
There was one brief mention about it. I will see if I can find it and post later. Not much there really.

Section 12 of Structural Solutions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200221-032952.jpg (20.7 KB, 76 views)

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-21-2020, 03:28 AM

I seriously doubt that anyone should ever believe that the Conservatives would actually ever redo the Firearms Act in Canada. They will say what they have to say to get votes, and overhauling the Firearms Act is not one of them, would see too many votes lost in the East under the current election system.
The Buffalo Declaration is political posturing with no teeth behind it until we can get 2 or more western provinces to hold a separation referendum to back it up.
This won't even make them blink without the full spectre behind it showing it's teeth to Ottawa.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:47 AM

The east won't notice until "Buffalo' is a very serious beast. Even then, the east will only start to take note, because if Alberta leaves, so does the bulk of 'equalization' dollars that Quebec receives. And if Quebec isn't getting paid to stay, they no longer have any reason to remain in Canada. THEN you'll have Ottawa take notice.

Also, I'm hoping more clauses follow this original manifesto. I'm hoping they stick to the very valid economic reasons, and stay away from the "we've been disrespected " trap that's currently popular with any group or individual who have had their feelings hurt.

We're bigger than that, and we don't want to suffer through Trudeau apologizing to us.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:09 AM
Banned

I hope this gains traction. Not because I necessarily want to see Alberta separate, but as Quebec proved with their referendums 20 years ago, when the 'no to referendum' won by only 2%...ever since they seriously scared Ottawa they've got whatever they want.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I'm down with most of that, though the recall percentage should be lower, say 57% to 60%. It would still be a distinct majority, just easier to achieve.

If we had equal representation by population, Alberta would be better off as we'd have a new more MP's. Vastly over-represented provinces would lose MP's (PEI would go from 4 to 1). If nothing else, I would go for equal rep by pop, we in AB have been getting cheated by that for decades. EG: the most under-represented riding has 158K citizens, in Edmonton. A riding in Calgary has 148K (numbers are old though, the best #'s Elections Canada posted before last fall's elections were from 2015). #'s for Ontario and Quebec curiously have far lower #'s.

I am absolutely down with the full scrapping of the Indian Act and having a single rule of law and equal benefits for all. Equal opportunity to succeed and equal opportunity to fail; and the exact same consequences, be they good ones or bad, for everything.
Well said Caber! I'll be on the email to my MP pronto!
Old 02-21-2020, 09:14 AM

If you want to see if they are taking note just watch for the lies and CBC stories.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
If you want to see if they are taking note just watch for the lies and CBC stories.
Or just read the comments section in the NP. Reading comments from QC is especially invigorating, to the effect that since Alberta will never get 7 provinces and half the population to go along with any constitutional reform, or scrapping equalization (QC is entitled to equalization! It's right in the constitution they didn't sign on to!).....well then Alberta is just a big bunch of crybabies and can suck it.

Yup. We live in interesting times. Need to have a referendum, and stop talking about it. Then it's either Go or No Go, and we will have to live with it.

Old 02-21-2020, 10:00 AM

Another WEXIT?

Or will this movement actually grow some teeth?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-21-2020, 10:36 AM

This is going nowhere. A lot of talk but no action.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:39 AM

Yeah, it's talk talk talk. And the attitude in the East is 'meh', just Alberta whining again.

I don't see much coming from it, but who knows, maybe the brazen declaration by elected MPs will freak some folks out in Ottawa. Probably not though.

Old 02-21-2020, 10:53 AM

I don’t have high hopes for this but it’s better than silence or complaints on Internet forums

Something is better then nothing and things like this succeed or die depending on the level of public support
Old 02-21-2020, 11:03 AM

Why am I having flashbacks to the 80's and the Western Canada Concept??
Old 02-21-2020, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by One'n'Done View Post
Why am I having flashbacks to the 80's and the Western Canada Concept??
Acid?
Old 02-21-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post

I agree with all of this especially the last part!
Old 02-21-2020, 12:39 PM

Default credibility

Some very credible names that started this movement. I would feel quite comfortable with these MP's at the helm v.s. what I am hearing from the wexit front.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Another WEXIT?

Or will this movement actually grow some teeth?
We it has attracted too many whack jobs. Hopefully this buffalo thing can be managed in a way to avoid that.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:16 PM

The spirit of the Declaration is great to see.

My comment would be this;
There needs to be a viable way and mechanism that the citizens have access to the government. Simple things like the ability to communicate easily to the pertinent dept..

Most importantly abolish the present Ombudsman's file appointment. It has turned from a ideal that worked, into a sham, most recently headed up by Marianne Ryan and a few deputies. All ex RCMP with conflicting agendas. Pretty tough to imagine that 25 years of law enforcement can be sidelined to accommodate impartiality.

This used to be a very well respected institution. I mean if we want real change we can't screw around; we have to throw out the trash.

Last edited by Walkin; 02-21-2020 at 05:30 PM.