Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-13-2016, 03:09 PM
AO Sponsor

Default That's a Wrap - Salmon Season Over (Pic Heavy)

Hello everyone!

The boats are almost completely put away for the winter and the guides are catching up on some much deserved and needed sleep. It was most definitely one of the best seasons we have had. I want to thank each and every guest that came with us this year. We had a over a dozen groups from AO forum and what a great bunch of guys we have on here.
The Faminow's were a blast at the lodge and Taylor had a great time catching and releasing big Chinook after big Chinook.
The Maye group, 8 guys who just had a ton of laughs on the water...Clint was a guides dream as he hooked and fought salmon like a seasoned vet. Glad we could get that trip in for your Uncle.
Had Ken H out, great two guys who laid a smack down on the fish.
Ryan and I had the pleasure of having Mark and the guys for three days in June, what a blast...hilarious from dawn to dusk and fish non stop. Believe there was some fireball first thing in the morning involved in that too

Once again tons of groups from Utah and Alberta, just awesome people group after group. This year we had such a fun time with all our groups from all over North America, Oregon, Washington, Cali, even a few Ontario groups! Stu, Taylor still talks about how much fun he had with you and Colin the second week of June catch and releasing over 30 Chinook that day. As always the Huard group was nothing less than entertaining on my boat including losing a Sage rod and Islander reel overboard then having another guide catch it on his downrigger almost a month later. What are the chances?!?!?!? Mind blowing. I'm already excited for fishing next year, and I can't wait to once again head to the trade shows in the New Year, we will be doing Denver and Salt Lake once again and may even do Portland. I URGE you to book before the tradeshows though as at the rate we are going we will be fully booked or close to by that time and dates that work for you may no longer be open.

June was some of the best fishing I've seen in years, nice combo of size and non stop action...Chinook after Chinook after Chinook salmon. Just pure Chinook insanity. The second week of July was slightly slower than what we are normally used to but we grinded it out and most guests left with limits, including some big fish. The third and last week of July was some great fishing minus some bad weather days (which don't happen all that often).
August...where can I start on August. The month of the TYEE! (30+lb Chinook). We were into just a ton of monster fish in August and we were giving out Tyee hats left right and center. A total of over 60 Tyees for us this year. That is more than a lodge in Rivers Inlet ,which is well known for its large fish, that has 12 boats...and we only have 3! So I guess we are where you wanna go for BIG fish now! Our largest Chinook was a 50lb monster caught by Mike Whelan guided by David Jr. See the link below to my photobucket to check out the pictures from this year.

Halibut was one of our best years with August being slightly tougher only due to it being some of the worst weather in a single month we have seen for quite a few years, so we were unable to travel out to our best grounds some days. Even still, we found several brand new spots close to home and our salmon grounds that produced some monster fish and a ton in the 30-70lb range! We ended up with 7 over 200lbs, and nearly 40 over 100lbs caught this season, all C+R.

Bottomfishing for lingcod and rockfish including Yelloweye was deadly as always. Those that wanted to target these delicious and FUN bottom dwellers usually had limits in fairly good time, and most hit up the hot tub later that day as their arms were a little sore!

We are already starting to sell out for 2017, with almost a dozen returning guests that will be sending me their dates for the upcoming year before November, so be sure to book ASAP as the dates listed below are open now but maybe not for long as, like I said, many more returning guests still are sending in their dates. We also have two episodes of Fishing The Wild West coming out on WildTV, WFN and many local television networks throughout BC and Alberta this winter so watch out for them.

Here is what is left:

One Boat (2-4 Fishermen)
July 8-11
Aug 6-8

Two Boats (2-8 Fishermen)

June 6-9 (10% off)
July 4-7

Three Boats (2-12 Fishermen)
June 1-5 (10% off)
June 12-15
July 17-19
July 30 - Aug 1
Aug 14-17
Aug 21-24
Aug 26 - Sept 2 (15 % off)

If you're thinking about a trip and have any questions please don't hesitate to let me know.

David
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 10-13-2016, 03:13 PM
AO Sponsor

Here are a few pictures, and here is the link to my photobucket album to see them all!

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/can...?sort=3&page=1

Great morning view

6 people's fish

Old 10-13-2016, 03:17 PM
AO Sponsor

Old 10-13-2016, 03:18 PM

On my way to Masset on Sept 3, I ran into a couple of guys, while at the south terminal, that were just returning from your operation. They had noting but great things to say about their trip, your service and the whole operation. Definitely happy customers.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:53 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Holy fish is all I can say!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-13-2016, 04:15 PM
Banned

All I can say is WOW! Looks like you had a great season. Thanks for the story and great pics. That sure was a ton of fish a a bunch of happy looking people.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:21 PM

Wow! Looks like an awesome season!
Old 10-13-2016, 06:39 PM

Default Awesome awesome awesome

We fished with these guys the last week of June, First class all the way from the lodge, the hosts, the guides, the food, and most importantly, the fishing. If anyone is thinking of booking a west coast fishing trip. Stop looking and book with Serengeti before they fill up. You will not be disappointed!!!
Old 10-14-2016, 07:41 AM

Nice pics tasty looking fish is there a size limit on halibut in BC?
Old 10-14-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMX View Post
Nice pics tasty looking fish is there a size limit on halibut in BC?
Yes there is. The size limit is max 133 cm for one and your second can't be bigger than 83 cm.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:41 PM

really nice love those pics /.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:31 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
On my way to Masset on Sept 3, I ran into a couple of guys, while at the south terminal, that were just returning from your operation. They had noting but great things to say about their trip, your service and the whole operation. Definitely happy customers.
That was definitely Terry and John from Denver, GREAT guys! Chirps for days on the water. Glad to hear they had a blast

Old 11-07-2016, 06:49 AM
AO Sponsor

Awesome picts! as always!

Looking forward to a trip with you, can't wait to load up on fish like that... praying that we'll have decent weather on our days and that everybody can keep their cookies down!

It's November now, what kind of dates do you have left?
Old 11-10-2016, 11:14 AM
AO Sponsor

Sorry for not responding quicker, just got back from camp in Bella Bella. Excited to have you up too bud, coming right when there will be hogs around and a good amount of Coho too. Sure there will be a lot of laughs to boot.

We don't have too much left, have 33% less openings than last year at this same point. Have a few returning guests getting back to me about date for themselves as well.

Have few openings before June 15, three openings in July, Aug 14-17 for two boats, and Aug 26 onward which is 15% off, not as many chinook but a ton of Coho and the Chinook that are around are often biggggg.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:32 PM

Default !!!!!

AWESOME as always guys!!!!
can't wait to see you guys this August!!!
counting the days!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2016, 11:14 PM
AO Sponsor

Thanks buddy, excited to have you out as well, we'll get you on some hogs as that's your goal this time around if I'm not mistaken...and Hawgust is the best time to come for those big Chinookies

Old 12-01-2016, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti Charters View Post
Thanks buddy, excited to have you out as well, we'll get you on some hogs as that's your goal this time around if I'm not mistaken...and Hawgust is the best time to come for those big Chinookies
What's the take home limit on a trip like this?
Old 12-02-2016, 02:33 PM
AO Sponsor

Pretty awesome limits where we are at actually. 4 Chinook, 4 Coho or other species of salmon, 2 halibut, 6 lingcod, 4 yelloweye, and 6 other rockfish. Most of our guests headed home with around 150-200lbs of pure meat fillets. Even more importantly a great time had by all and if it's a group of buddies there's always chirps to be had for at least a few years