Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-14-2008, 06:21 AM

Default P & D Enterprises

If you have never been to P & D Enterprises in Edmonton http://www.p-d-ent.com/
....it is well worth the trip !!!! I made the journey yesterday (7 hr round trip) to pick up a long sought after Savage F/TR (had deposit $$$ sitting at WS since March 2007 ) Anyways...........this is how a business should be run, courteous and knowledgeable staff with a store set up for the Gun enthusiast. Most items accessable right on the floor (didn't have to pull a number and wait 45 minutes just to get a box of bullets) and a lot of items you don't see at some of the bigger operations. All in all it was a good experience and I will definitely be making that trip again !!!
Old 06-14-2008, 06:37 AM

I too am a big P&D fan.
When your known by name, and they treat your family as good or better than you, how can anyone complain.

There are no absolutes
Old 06-14-2008, 07:43 AM

My first time too this year and I agree as well, many businesses do not reflect the kind of personal attention that is easily apparent at P&D. The store stock and setup will also keep me returning in spite of a long trip to get there. Hats off to them, they will reap the benefits!
Old 06-14-2008, 07:48 AM
troller

Yep, count another big thumbs up to them
Old 06-14-2008, 10:48 AM

i agree when my wife to be went in to buy me a birthday gift they helped her with everything. she had no knowlegde of fire arms at all, they took 2hrs helping her deside which riffle would be better suited for what i might use it for. where else would take the time to do some thing like that. thanks P&D
Old 06-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Banned

i've just ordered stuff from there and the service in that regard has been top notch also!
Old 06-14-2008, 02:31 PM

Default P&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
I too am a big P&D fan.
When your known by name, and they treat your family as good or better than you, how can anyone complain.
x2

And I just bought 3 rifles from them in the last 6 weeks over the phone.

Here are the last 2:
Tikka T3 270WSM(for a buddy thats doing his PAL course) as I have 2 LS models in 270WSM from P & D from 2004.
Tikka T3 Camo 270WSM

A MINT-Sako m75 Greywolf 300WSM with Leupold VX3 4.5-14x40
Sako m75 Greywolf

And I just got a call from another friend on wednesday as to where to I buy my rifles at and I said "P & D"

He is looking for his 12yr and 15yr old boys plus himself. So its going to be a new Savage combo in the 243 for the 12 yr old and either a 270 or 7mm-08 for the 15 yr old and probably a Tikka T3 or Sako 7mmRM or 270WSM or 300WSM for him.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:58 PM
troller

I have one complaint

they sold the T3 Tactical in .308 before I could get there
Old 06-14-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySeven View Post
If you have never been to P & D Enterprises in Edmonton http://www.p-d-ent.com/
....it is well worth the trip !!!! I made the journey yesterday (7 hr round trip) to pick up a long sought after Savage F/TR (had deposit $$$ sitting at WS since March 2007 ) Anyways...........this is how a business should be run, courteous and knowledgeable staff with a store set up for the Gun enthusiast. Most items accessable right on the floor (didn't have to pull a number and wait 45 minutes just to get a box of bullets) and a lot of items you don't see at some of the bigger operations. All in all it was a good experience and I will definitely be making that trip again !!!
Enjoy your F/TR I love mine, The most accurate rifle ive ever owned
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gun pics 003.jpg (76.0 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg gun pics 002.jpg (98.5 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg gun pics 004.jpg (63.6 KB, 79 views)
Old 06-14-2008, 08:00 PM

i've purchased a few things over the phone from them and definately no issues from me. I'm looking forward to going into the store next time I'm in Edmonton.

Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building
Old 06-18-2008, 01:03 AM

Default P & D Service?

I was in P & D a few weeks ago mid week and timed it so they were not busy. I had some problems with some Leupold Rings and Bases and required some help. They were too busy chatting with each other and I had to interupt and ask for help. When I advised the problem they said that will be $45.00 to mount my scope. I then re-explained the problem and that I didn't need them to mount my scope just to assist me in figuring out why I couldn't get my Rings to line up straight. They took a real quick look and advised it was my rings and threw me a new set and walked away. It was not my rings at all it was my bases that were the problem. I was very disappointed in the lack of caring and arrogance they showed.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhunter8 View Post
I was in P & D a few weeks ago mid week and timed it so they were not busy. I had some problems with some Leupold Rings and Bases and required some help. They were too busy chatting with each other and I had to interupt and ask for help. When I advised the problem they said that will be $45.00 to mount my scope. I then re-explained the problem and that I didn't need them to mount my scope just to assist me in figuring out why I couldn't get my Rings to line up straight. They took a real quick look and advised it was my rings and threw me a new set and walked away. It was not my rings at all it was my bases that were the problem. I was very disappointed in the lack of caring and arrogance they showed.
This is very interesting, you do not know who it was that you were talking to by chance?
The reason I a, asking is I am sure Phil reads this stuff and would like to know also, so he could correct a problem like that!
Cat
Old 06-18-2008, 11:02 AM

There has been a few times when they are busy that I get that brushed off feeling from them, but.........They always do what I need to them to do. I know they are busy. When I leave I feel like I was treated fairly and I own a store and know what it is like when I'm busy.
Keep up the good work Phil and Diane.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:37 PM

No complaints here, definitely like their store layout. Haven't bought a rifle through them yet, may have to remedy that.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:29 PM

I have to agree that it is a good store. I purchased my first ever rifle from them in January 2008. I was starting from scratch and needed cleaning supplies and all and they were very helpful. I had to pay $10 more for the gun then WS but I didn't care because the service really made up for it. I'm itcing to purchase more rifles and they will have my business.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:35 AM

Sometimes the customer CANNOT come first!
I showed up in town yesterday for a meeting that was rescheduled, so found my way over to P&D (only got lost once!).
II was about 12 minutes early, but the store was unlocked so I walked in.
Dianne explained that they were still opening up and were actually closed.
I told them I understood and got directions to a nearby coffee shop where I a cup, then went back.
Morning pre job meetings are important to everyone, and a retail store is no exception, but I know that some people I know be P'od if they had to wait after driving several hundred miles.

A person has to ask themselves if they could go to work without taken a the time they do to set up, get their float together, talk about issues of yesterdy, shipments coming in, etc.

BTW, they have a cool little multi tool for shotguns that has choke wrenches, a spanner, pliers, etc., and a punch in the sheath for CHEAP!!

I just have to polish the Berreta insignia off it!
Cat
Old 06-20-2008, 11:05 AM

I had my first experience with P&D this week... ordered a 22 pistol on Tuesday afternoon and it was delivered to my door yesterday. Wow, 2 days, including a restricted transfer. That's great, fast service!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:19 AM

All that's important to me is does P&D have a good 'ole coon hound settin' by the far?
Old 06-20-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofifty View Post
All that's important to me is does P&D have a good 'ole coon hound settin' by the far?
No fire, no coonhound but they have a little white dog that has the run of the place
Old 06-22-2008, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late Starter View Post
I have to agree that it is a good store. I purchased my first ever rifle from them in January 2008. I was starting from scratch and needed cleaning supplies and all and they were very helpful. I had to pay $10 more for the gun then WS but I didn't care because the service really made up for it. I'm itcing to purchase more rifles and they will have my business.
After the azz holes at Phoenix gun range sold me a righthanded weatherby between sessions of my pal course ( I am a lefty, and they have Monty Carlo stocks. I didn't know any better, but I am sure they did, when I asked about the fact that I am a lefty ) . I went to P and D after doing a lot of research this time ( lots on this board too! ) and turns out I didn't need to, they gave me a fair trade in ( Da#$ Phoenix ) and after telling her I was planing to mostly hunt deer she showed me a couple 270 wins ( which was the caliber I had decided on before I even got there, and she even showed me the same rifle I had even decided on before I got to the store!!!!! ).
So moral of my story?
I trust this store . I picked up my shotgun there too ( grouse are yummy )and I will be back when ever I need anything else!
Phoenix Gun range? They will never see another dime from me as long as I live!!!
Honest service, won't try to over sell you, nor under sell you , competitive pricing ( the cheapest places never last, and usually have terrible service ).

I know you are asking ...do I work there? am I related to the owner? lol
Just a happy customer.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:27 AM

I have always found the people at P&D to be polite and helpful. I purchase there as much as possible.

Do not get me started about those rumpheads at the Phoenix gun range. They act like they are doing you a favor by letting you buy stuff in their store - not to mention that if they don't have what you need or want they will try and sell you something totally unsuited to the purpose.

Some of the fellows that work there act like they now nothing about firearms at all and they have been there for years. I know this is not the case as I have encountered some of these guys in the field and at the range.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:14 AM

I phoned around a few weeks back, Phoenix was one.
Moon clips? Revolver riggin'?
NOBODY had any, and none could give me advice on where to get it.

Phoenix said they would have to order it.
Another shop said it was "really hard to find any of that stuff".
This comming from so-called IPSC stores!
P&D was the most help, and Ellwood Epps as well.
They had steel clips in stock.
The other stuff Ii got was from a different shop stateside.
The thing that Po'd me was I was told my CR Speed holster compatable with MANY different handguns, not just my 625.
I'm wondering why these other shops did not realize this.....
Cat
Old 06-22-2008, 07:01 PM

I was through there the other day and I'll be damned...they had a part of the shop set aside for women's fashion stuff and it was great...I went rooting through the brass and bullets and junk while the little lady snooped through the jewelry! Now the wife has something to look at while her fella is wasting his money on guns.

I dunno what to make of this. It's bad enough for us guys going in there and flushing our money down the toilet on this sport...but now they are gonna fleece the wife with shiny baubles and fashion junk too! Gentlemen, we all stand to lose alot of money in there!

Now if I were running the show, I would clear away all that fashion junk and turn the extra space into a liquor and tobacco store. I would carry special bottlings of scotch and bourbon (and probably brandy for metrosexuals like Bobby B). In addition, I would carry a small but complete inventory of pipe tobacco blends and fine cuban and dominican cigars. The manly smell would probably keep the women, children and tax men out.

Remember: Drink and shoot responsibly men!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:12 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty P. Bucket View Post

Now if I were running the show, I would clear away all that fashion junk and turn the extra space into a liquor and tobacco store. I would carry special bottlings of scotch and bourbon (and probably brandy for metrosexuals like Bobby B). In addition, I would carry a small but complete inventory of pipe tobacco blends and fine cuban and dominican cigars. The manly smell would probably keep the women, children and tax men out.

Remember: Drink and shoot responsibly men!
Ok Rusty, the problem I see with that is, I would never leave, and would end up divorced. I guess a fine single malt and a Cohiba would cheer me up about it though.....( Please don't tell the wife I said that, Glup )
Old 06-23-2008, 11:02 PM

I get there very regularly and like every other person who deals with something not exactly mainstream, Dianne and Phil are always willing to try and get the bits and pieces into Canada for me. I think we all know the trials and tribulations involved in exporting anything from the US.

I have always been treated with respect and I know they are genuinely interested in all aspects of the sport ,as are all of the knowledgeable personnel they employ. Further, they support several disciplines, clubs and associations by donating generously to the prize table.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Dianne and Phil, on behalf of the APRA, for their generous support and for graciously contributing to, and sponsoring, the "Donors Match" as part of the Alberta Provincial Rifle Association 2008 Championships.

Cheers, Glen

Last edited by Inspector; 06-23-2008 at 11:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-20-2009, 10:58 PM

I really like going into a store that helps me with any thing I need, the staff are friendly and know my wife and I on sight and by name.

We have been invited out many times by staff members to various events, most we were not able to attend unfortunatly.

My only complaint is when I go to brouse I end up finding many many things I want to buy, but then again thats not really a complaint is it?

Great store.

Great staff.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:01 AM

Thumbs up

ditto for me, nothing but good things to say. I have purchased all but 1 or 2 of my firearms there and as a lefty, I have to say that they do their best to keep southpaw stuff in inventory. Most of their rifle inventory as well as brass, powders and bullets are cheaper than WSS.