Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-24-2009, 12:00 PM

Default crimson talons?

i seen at crappy tire they had a 4 pack of crimson talons for 40 bucks ten bucks cheaper then wat i can buy 4 g5 montecs. just wondering how good they are
Old 02-24-2009, 01:26 PM

only one way to find out buyem and tryem!
lol if you wanna go the cheap way out..... thunder heads sell for $40-50 for 6 !!!!!!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:26 PM

I switched to crimson talons this year and what a deadly broad head.just screw them on an shoot.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:28 AM

Default Crimsion talons

I've been shooting talons for about five years now and I really like them.Screw them on and shoot for sure.I find that they shoot just like my target tips.Last year they came out with an upgraded version of the talon.They made the blades thicker so they don't break off as easy now.The original version had thiner blades that I found weak when hiting bone or rib they snaped off.Made for some slow processing of game because you were always looking for the blades inside the animal.Now with the new version that came out last year I have yet to find a broken blade yet.My last five animals have droped within 50 yards of were I shot them and on average leaves about a 1-3/4 inch entry wound.The original broadhead was red in color I would stay clear of those.But the new version is black in color and I would suggest trying those.It's all up to you but this has been my experience with them.I would try them and find out for yourself.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:55 AM

I got a pack, tried them out, won't waste my money on them again. Never tried one on an animal, but that was because after shooting them ONCE into the target, the blades were loose on them, and I could'nt get them tightened up again. Neat idea, and it may actually help, but they aren't a quality broadhead IMO. If your looking to get a good braodhead at a resonable price, get some muzzy three blade, they come in a 6 pack for around $30, and they are definately a proven broadhead.